Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga 10 Rounders?

LdyGunner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Waco i was 2nd it was on 11-11-2006 working good I have the one's Fred made for me working good.

All right,

Now that some of you have the saiga 10 round magazines, how are you doing in the 3-gun matches?

I need range reports to justify my request for a christmas tromix. :wub:

Well, Fred has picked up our 5 AGP 10 rounders... We haven't had time to use them in a match but He says they are really well made mags that work at least as well as his homemade ones. Can't hardly wait to try them myself! I also hope AGP get some back in stock soon.

Bill

I have 5 they are all running great. They've been through the AZ State shotgun match, A local 3 gun, and the Fort Benning 3 Gun.

If you load 10+1 in the chamber, the first round out of the magazine will sometimes malfunction as there is a lot of tension on it. I only load 9+1...and I reload on an open bolt so I load the mags to 10. Other people have had varying results with this. The various saigas themselves might be a bit different from each other.

I need to practice reloading more to get faster. I think it is fastest to reload if you have the mags with the shells up in your pouches rather than down. These are long mags and reorienting them to go in the gun can be a pain.

I am learning the idiosyncracies of the Saiga more, I have had a few operator error related issues I hope to avoid in the future.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I have 5 they are all running great. They've been through the AZ State shotgun match, A local 3 gun, and the Fort Benning 3 Gun.

If you load 10+1 in the chamber, the first round out of the magazine will sometimes malfunction as there is a lot of tension on it. I only load 9+1...and I reload on an open bolt so I load the mags to 10. Other people have had varying results with this. The various saigas themselves might be a bit different from each other.

I need to practice reloading more to get faster. I think it is fastest to reload if you have the mags with the shells up in your pouches rather than down. These are long mags and reorienting them to go in the gun can be a pain.

I am learning the idiosyncracies of the Saiga more, I have had a few operator error related issues I hope to avoid in the future.

He did very well in my shotty match, kicked almost everyones but with it actually. I would say they are working great!!!!!!! :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Let's put it this way at my gunclub we have a monthly tac shotgun match TEAM SAIGA took 1,2,3, and 4 all most all summer and that was with out the new 10 round mags, I did try them out in a 3 gun match but the shotgun stages were very limited.

The feed angle of the 10s is not as steep as the 8s and I have had a few snags. but I'll make it work.

Edited by Topmaul

• 1 month later...

My first EVER reloads with a Saiga were 1/4 the time of loading 9 in my tactical gun. I might shoot a Saiga if it did not pound my wimpy ass so thoroughly.... Anyone who thinks a Benelli has recoil just pick up one of these puppies. :o

Yes, I do realize I am a wussie. :)

Edited by Merlin Orr

I have three of AGP's 10-round mags and they all work well in my pistol grip-converted Saiga 12 (by E-TAC). My Saiga easily works with 10 in the magazine and one in the chamber for a total of 11 rounds. I also have no problem inserting a fully-loaded 10-round magazine on a closed bolt. Reloads are simply fast and the gun is very fast firing and reliable. It's a cool shotgun.

I have 6 mags and they all work great. I ran some super cheap stuff Sat. and I had a crowd around wanting to know what I was shooting. I also did a mod. to the underside of the bolt, mags mags changes on a closed bolt a whole lot easier. Stay Tuned!!!

I have 6 mags and they all work great. I ran some super cheap stuff Sat. and I had a crowd around wanting to know what I was shooting. I also did a mod. to the underside of the bolt, mags mags changes on a closed bolt a whole lot easier. Stay Tuned!!!

We just got a bunch of new Saigas in today to sell (kept one for myself), looks like all the new ones are coming with the bolt ramped like you showed in your pic. I did a quick check with some dummy shells in a mag and loading was super easy compared to my other gun without that feature.

With that I should be able to get reloads down to around 3 seconds.