Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Forum?

paul788

Is there a forum anywhere that is ICORE specific? We're just starting up. Pinetucky Gun club in Augusta Ga. 706-592-4230. We've got 10-15 showing up so far. Right now we're doing the postal match 2 stages at a time due to range layout. Lot of K and L frames, two 625s, one 610, one Ruger. I learned last match that reload speed and running will not make up for holes in hardcover.

Paul

There are a fair number of ICORE folks and ICORE posts on the forum. Check back thorugh what's been posted in the past and you will get a handle on it.

In ICORE nothing makes up for bad hits.

Two "C's" on a targt puts you like 4 seconds down.

Shoot a B instead of an A and you are down a second. Poor hits in ICORE are very expensive and a Mike, like you found out, doesn't help at all.

Edited by Viggen

Can we please call it a Melvin??

+1 melvin Try shooting with the name Mike Shotwell

:D I'll bet it's rough on those days when you don't quite live up to it, huh?

Merlin/Melvin....whatever.... <_<:P;)

I had an "alpha merlin" at yesterday's match. I'm sure it must've been a perfect double....

We have a small ICORE section of our club's forum for the monthly ICORE match. Go to Forum section here:

www.shootersparadise.com

But why not have a section on be.com? Seems at least as relevant as the Clays section.

Hey, Paul...WHEN are you guys doing the "Icore" Match thing???...Augusta is a lil' bit of a drive from Griffin--then again, EVERYWHERE is--but if I have some advance notice and can work out the "Work Schedule" thing, I'd like to try it...TIA....mikey357

We have a small ICORE section of our club's forum for the monthly ICORE match. Go to Forum section here:

www.shootersparadise.com

But why not have a section on be.com? Seems at least as relevant as the Clays section.

I'd hate to dilute what we have here. It's kind of like one stop shopping. And, most information applies to both ICORE and USPSA

www.shootersparadise.com

I'd hate to dilute what we have here. It's kind of like one stop shopping. And, most information applies to both ICORE and USPSA

In looking at this years IRC and USPSA Nationals it seems that the top IRC guys are the top USPSA guys and visa versa. And most if not all have some sort of contact through with this forum, direcltly or indirectly. So... that leads me to believe that the ICORE guys are already here, I know some of them, and were here from the beginning.

I hope the Revolver Forum will suffice for IPSC & ICORE. I like hearing about both. And like shooting both.

It's just those ICORE guys are so polite and low key. Not like the loud, and some would say obnoxious (least that's what all my teachers said many years ago) IPSC types.

I like both kinds though.

I hope the Revolver Forum will suffice for IPSC & ICORE. I like hearing about both. And like shooting both.

It's just those ICORE guys are so polite and low key. Not like the loud, and some would say obnoxious (least that's what all my teachers said many years ago) IPSC types.

I like both kinds though.

please dont forget about the few lost souls like myself. those who enjoy ipsc, but seemingly shoot idpa more. at least i do it with a wheel.

Mikey357

I'll be in Griffin this Saturday for the Steel Challenge match if the work schedule allows. Currently it looks like ICORE will be the alternate third Saturday. PPC one month, ICORE the next. My shooting schedule is first Saturday Griffin, second Saturday Mid-Carolina in Columbia SC for USPSA, third Saturday will be ICORE or PPC, third Thursday is an indoor defensive style match at Shooters in Augusta. Months with five Saturdays we will do bowling pins at Pinetucky.

Paul

killarbb, not a deliberate attempt to dis the IDPA'ers. It's just not a shoot I've ever attended. There's no clubs locally (within a 100 miles) and it's not one I've been moved to attend. But, yes they are quite similar.

Which maybe proves my point. We don't hear much from the IDPA crowd cause they have their own Forum Section, which is great. But, doing the Revolver thing right now I like hearing about "All" Revolvers and especially IPSC & ICORE in one spot. It also seems that those who do bring up IDPA with a Revo usually are long time IPSC or ICORE, or are wanting to play those games too.

Of course ICORE is Revo specific and several of us on this forum have been really pushing the IPSC Revo Division. And doing a fine job, I might add. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But, a Revo is a Revo and they're all round here somewhere. (horrible pun intended, never understood the dissing of "pun's".) :o

P.S. Saw on another topic that BE is on the Dark Continent, wonder if he's pursuing "Cape's" with a .500 S&W REVO?

Edited by pskys2

Hi, I'm Jerry and I'm a revolver shooter...I've ALWAYS been a round-gunner at heart. My first dozen handguns were revolvers and then I heard the dark siren of the bottom feeder when I started shooting IPSC back in '83 and continued with them when I started shooting IDPA in 98. About four years ago I heard the siren song of the whirling revolver again and started shooting them almost exclusively for IDPA and started shooting them in IPSC the last couple of years, and would shoot ICORE if we could get it going in the St Louis area. I just enjoy shooting revolvers!

There seems to be a lot more congeniality in this forum than there is in the discipline specific forums - maybe it's because we round gunners are looked at by our fellow shooters as a bit daft to begin with :P

Jerry

Edited by COF

www.shootersparadise.com

I agree with underlug and several others on this one. I really enjoy ICORE matches. But if we have discussions on this venue, (Revolver) we can better inform other disciplines on things ICORE. And what may work in some instances in USPSA, IDPA, Steel, may help my ICORE shooting. And we can always add a topic of interest for ICORE from time to time, and I would certainly like the chance to discuss ICORE tactics and stuff with other revo shooters. later rdd

oh i meant no harm by my comments reguarding idpa. i shoot it because it is close. i do not frequent the idpa section here as it seems that you have to be one of the "good ole boys" to get any answers or help. you guys are great in here as it is revolver specific, not competition specific.

i would say dont change a thing

oh i meant no harm by my comments reguarding idpa. i shoot it because it is close. i do not frequent the idpa section here as it seems that you have to be one of the "good ole boys" to get any answers or help. you guys are great in here as it is revolver specific, not competition specific.

i would say dont change a thing

On second thought - lets just leave things the way they are and have "all things-revolver" in one place.