Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turkey Fried In Peanut Oil

bountyhunter

It is to die for..... white meat so tender and juicy it falls apart as you cut it.

I used the peanut oil kettle cooker (fired by propane tank) and cooked a 17 pound cheapo Safeway discount turkey.

Got a jar of "chicken spice rub" and it dissolves into the oil and saturates all of the meat, flavoring it with what is very much like the KFC taste.

So, there I was cutting a 17 pound turkey and more was going into my mouth than onto the serving platter.

This is the first time I have seen turkey meat so juicy and flavorful I refused to let gravy near it...... it was too perfect standing alone.

It's so cruel that fried food is so bad (and so fattening) because it is a slice of heaven.

Thats how I like my steak (not the peanut oil) NO STEAK SAUCE!

If you need to add sauce or gravy to make something palatable, then you didn't cook it right! ;)

I like my steak to taste like steak, and my turkey to taste like turkey, but you could deep fry a #2 pencil and it would taste great ! :lol:

One of my brothers got a new deep fryer for Christmas last year and still had not opened the box when I arrived on Wednesday. His wife sort of pushed the issue by going ahead and thawing a turkey for us to fry. We did some injecting with a Cajun-Garlic mix, and rubbed the outside with some good spices.

After working on the burner a bit we got the oil up to temp and dropped it in. Oh Lord, the smell was unbelievable! 45 minutes later we pulled out the best tasting turkey I have ever had. The one she roasted was great, but that deep-fried bird was hands-down the Winner!

Fried Oreos are way cool as well!!! :P Just don't stuff them in the Turkey....Or Maybe?????? :lol:

Ivan

I don't know if fried Oreos or a fried #2 pencil sounds best to me. I did eat deep fried turkey yesterday at a friends home. My Oh My.... Hard to top that for greasy goodness.

Thats how I like my steak (not the peanut oil) NO STEAK SAUCE!

If you need to add sauce or gravy to make something palatable, then you didn't cook it right! ;)

I like my steak to taste like steak, and my turkey to taste like turkey, but you could deep fry a #2 pencil and it would taste great ! :lol:

Okay, I'll just have next Thanksgiving with you, since you're about 16 hours closer :D

45 minutes, huh ? :huh:

Sounds easy.

yes, depending on the weight of the turkey. boiling oil should always be done out side!

some of the best turkey cooked is deep fried!

lynn

The 3 min per pound rule is a guide. You should also watch the meat on the legs as the turkey gets close to being done the meat will start to shrink and pull away from the bone. Also the skin will tell as it starts to brown.

Nothing finer than a fried bird.

Jim Norman-Florida

OK saying how much Turkey or Twinkies taste better deep fried is like saying Angelina Jolie looks better in lingerie. B)

#2 pencils remain to be proven but I am guessing yes they do taste better. Everything does. :lol:

Well Bill, I honestly gotta say that Angelina Jolie does look better in lingerie.

There is always room for improvement :D