Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eaa Witness "elite Match"

Singlestack Wonder

They are definitely very nice. I just picked up a new one in .40 for that same reason, to try out for ESP! I love the gun it's really nice, but i'm making my final decisions between it and my STI setup for IDPA... decisions, decisions :)

Can I assume that CZ mags will work in this gun?

Not anymore. All the new Witness models are made off the widebody 38 Super/45ACP frame. They are wider than the standard CZ frame.

I don't know if a CZ IPSC widebody mag will fit but the Witness factory mags are cheaper than the CZ widebody IPSC mags anyway.

Chris

Guess you would get them from EAA? Any other source? Is the Witness on the same size frame as the CZ Champion? I handled one once. The frame seemed a little different than the CZ75 frame. Maybe it was just the grips.

Edited by Joe D

Guess you would get them from EAA? Any other source? Is the Witness on the same size frame as the CZ Champion? I handled one once. The frame seemed a little different than the CZ75 frame. Maybe it was just the grips.

One can order the mags at: EAA

I ordered the pistol with 4-18 round mags. With shipping and tax, the total was $534.

I don't know for sure about the CZ Champion. I think it is made using a standard size CZ frame. You could check with Matt Mink, he would know for sure.

Chris

I don't know for sure about the CZ Champion. I think it is made using a standard size CZ frame. You could check with Matt Mink, he would know for sure.

Chris

CZ Champion = SMALL cz frame and mags. I.e., max OAL = 1.160". Same size as old Springfield P9 and most current CZ 9mm incl. SP-01, CZ75/85.

NOTE: the new Tactical Sport = mid sized CZ mag. & not interchangeable w/ small framed guns. The CZ 97B .45 uses "large" frame CZ mags.

Hey folks.

I shot one of these with a mag well and base pads added at IDPA nationals this year. something happened to my brain and I made every error I could without getting DQ'd.

The gun is awesome I shoot a DA (stock) in production and 40 "limited" in limited class. It will fit in the box with a shaved magazine well and factory base pads. but comes in dead on the money for weight in ESP.

NO CZ MAGS WORK! (just for emphasis) EAA's mags are longer (front to back) and accept 38 super, 10mm and 45 ACP sized ammo, 9mm mags mostly have spacers)

Magazines can be bought at EAA and are $25 each if you buy 2 or more. I will also be carrying various parts and offering custom services on these guns starting (hopefully) in January

If you have any questions or I can help you in any way PM, or email me for fastest response... I'll try to keep up on this post.

You may get a lot of questions Steve since this is a lot of pistol for a low price. I remember when the EAA pistols were very popular in IPSC. Very reliable and cost competitive. You mentioned that you shot the Production Nationals using one. I assume it was one of the Witness Elite Stock models which has a DA trigger. How did it perform? What was the DA and SA trigger pull?

Edited by Singlestack Wonder

Single Stack yes, it was the DA model, my DA triggers are between 7 and 8.5 pounds (depending on age of springs) SA was about 2-2.5 again depending on springs.

The trigger work I do on a Stock model is pretty extensive, it will probabally be in $150 once I get set up to do them.

David. One magazine comes with it. Currently I think the best bang for the buck is the Limited model (which is around seven and a half dealer) it is very agressively checkered, with a mag well and the full lenght dust cover does make a bit of difference as does the bull barrel.

As time permits I am working on improving the triggers reset on both DA and SA models with shorter egw sears and custom internal over travel stop, possibly even a hammer much like Angus does for the CZ framed guns.

I'm ok with lots of questions, I just hope I can answer them all :)

I may just have to get one of these. $388 plus shipping and tax seems reasonable to me.

One can order the mags at: EAA

I ordered the pistol with 4-18 round mags. With shipping and tax, the total was $534.

hi guys, i'm looking to get one these also. do you mind sharing your source so i can get a great deal too?

i realize this might be seen as shady for a first post, but i'm just gettin into competing and this pistol is great for my budget.

so far, i've been using my H&K compact in CDP.

One of my dealers wont go outside of his regular distributors and the other said he can only get it at list price.

Let me pitch in- I have had an EAA Ltd (formerly open) since the mid090's. At that time they built the 38 super and 45 ACP on a heavier frame with mags which were (lengthened-widened?) for the longer super and 45 rnds. The 9's continued in the standard CZ format .

They decided to drop the traditional CZ length (referring to round length in the magazines) so they would work with only one platform. There is no way that short rounds are not going to be impacted on feed reliability.

I went out and bought one of their 9mm barrels and it essentially dropped in. Immediately ran into the expected nose dive routine due to the rounds being too short. The magazines I had ,even though marked 9mm, did not have the spacer found in 1911 magazines. Maybe they have changed things lately?

The feed ramps are steep and on 9mm hollow points, to get them to feed properly, I throated the heck out of the ramp- remember I still had my super barrel. It now feeds everything 9mm but to get it to do so I had to lower the angle on the ramp so far I ended up with an partially unsupported chamber. It is fine with standard loads but +p and +p+ rounds are scary. I talked with Starline and they said use new brass and forget reloads of range brass and everything should be fine. Great gun but I think should have kept two frames to accomodate different length rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have 2 Witness Match .40 (1 of them is the wifes). Only about 750 rnds through each, but great shooting pistols and no problems as of yet. I also have a 10mm Witness that has always performed flawlessly. I am new here, so I got in on this a little late, but I like to put in a good word for a Witness when I get the chance.

hi guys, i'm looking to get one these also. do you mind sharing your source so i can get a great deal too?

Just have your your FFL buddy call EAA direct.

ok, its been a while, but i got an FFL buddy to call EAA. No Match pistols available until February. :( oh and 460 plus tax, so its the same $$ area.

• 2 weeks later...