Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith & Wesson Idpa Winter Championships

Please see the attached file for information and entry form. Be sure to read the letter carefully as there have been some significant changes to format and procedure for this year's match in order to accommodate even more competitors! The application and additional information will be also be posted on the Smith & Wesson website (www.smith-wesson.com) soon. When uploaded, you will be able to click on the link called matches on the left hand navigation bar. You can also visit the page directly at www.matches.smith-wesson.com. Applications will also be in the mail next week. Please check the website often for important updates!

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have and I will do my best to assist you. Thanks again for your interest and I hope to see you in February!

All the best,

Julie

jgoloski@smith-wesson.com

Edited by 99gski

Hi everyone!

I have been receiving a number of emails about mailing applications. We will accept applications by US Mail, UPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL or any other type of parcel carrier. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.

Thanks so much!

All the best,

Julie

mmm.

Should be driving back from Florida open around that time...

Ms Goloski, any chance of some USPSA matches coming back to S&W?

Easy road trip for us bluenosers.

regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you!

Having a USPSA match would be wonderful. To give you some history, the Smith & Wesson Invitational (USPSA match) was hosted offsite several years ago in Fulton, NY but to my knowledge we haven't hosted a major USPSA match at the Smith & Wesson Shooting Sports Center in the past, though I very well may be incorrect. We do have many events at the Shooting Sports Center throughout the year so adding another huge match like the Winter Championships would be a challenge though not completely out of the question.

Smith & Wesson is very generous in its sponsorship of many shooting sports, from IDPA to USPSA to Steel to... the list goes on and on. Not to mention you can start looking for Club 1852 matches for Smith & Wesson owners at ranges throughout the country next year. Check www.smith-wesson.com and the Club 1852 button for more information coming soon.

In the mean time though, if you want to shoot one of the best matches out there, come give IDPA a try and send in your application. Shooting is shooting. :)

All the best,

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any updates on how registration is going?

Any idea when confirmations will be sent out to the shooters that made it into this match?

Thanks!

Corey

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Confirmations went out on Friday so watch your mailboxes this week.

Thanks and all the best,

Julie

Point taken, but where else can you get:

An embroidered vest, free seminars from top shooters in the business, lunch one day, cocktail party, a banquet, really nice door prizes that rival prize table matches that cost a whole lot more, the chance to shoot great stages indoors designed by some of the best SO's in the sport (in the month of February, I might add), and the opportunity to earn a beautiful trophy?

400+ other people seem to think its worth it, but I respect your opinion to disagree.

In any case, looking forward to seeing everyone in 2007. Best wishes for an amazing new year!

All the best,

Julie

Point taken, but where else can you get:

An embroidered vest, free seminars from top shooters in the business, lunch one day, cocktail party, a banquet, really nice door prizes that rival prize table matches that cost a whole lot more, the chance to shoot great stages indoors designed by some of the best SO's in the sport (in the month of February, I might add), and the opportunity to earn a beautiful trophy?

400+ other people seem to think its worth it, but I respect your opinion to disagree.

In any case, looking forward to seeing everyone in 2007. Best wishes for an amazing new year!

All the best,

Julie

Well Said Julie! That's more than what some state or area matches give you. I don't even shoot IDPA and it sounds like a deal to me. But to each his own.

• 4 weeks later...

fyi

Just got off the phone with the match hotel , Best Western, W Spgfld. 413-781-8750

The block of rooms allotted to the match is dwindling. If you haven't already, call direct & make your res. Make sure to mention S&W WinterChampionship to get the $62 rate.

See you there !