Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Qualifier

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I found the rest of the matches!!

Does anyone know where to find what the qualification process is??

Would it be at the USPSA site or the IPSC.org site ??

Thanks

Martin

Go to the USPSA Homepage and select "Additional Content". The World Shoot Qualification process and the match selection process are listed there.

As the Targeting Education's Assistant Match Director for Operations.....I think I am going to have business cards made, :) I have the stages completed.

Here is your official roud count for the entire match or the part you wish to shoot.

IPSC Qualifier - 266 rounds minimum 18 stages :)

USPSA match - 217 rounds minimum 9 stages :D

Total 27 stages - 483 rounds minimum, absolutely priceless!!!!!! :wub:

Linda will be posting the stages on the web site as she gets the opportunity. Any questions in reference to stages or any operations please feel free to email me.

Looking forward to this one!!!!

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Thanks I found the rest of the matches!!

Does anyone know where to find what the qualification process is??

Would it be at the USPSA site or the IPSC.org site ??

Thanks

Martin

Go to the USPSA Homepage and select "Additional Content". The World Shoot Qualification process and the match selection process are listed there.

Thanks for the info !!!!

Can I shoot the match without joining IPSC, also i'm not classified all the way yet, can I send in my app before im classified and then edit my classification?

If you just want to shoot the USPSA match, you can do so. Your classification will be determined by whatever your classification is in April's USPSA database. Get your classifiers shot before then (by March 31), and they should make it on the upload for April.

As for IPSC, there is an ICS (International Classification System) postal match that Linda Chico will be doing from South Carolina, and those are due in by March 31'st. The way it works is, that you set the classifiers at your home club on your own (Linda is picking the simplest and quickest ones to set). A certified RO checks them for accuracy, and then he runs you on them, and you report the results to Linda. She puts you in the match, and reports the results so you can become internationally classified for the IPSC Qualifier. Additionally, we will be running an ICS classifier in Brighton sometime in March/April. Details will come available as soon as everything is nailed down...so watch this thread.

Now, unlike USPSA, ICS classifiers hit the system within 3 days, while USPSA calssifiers are only uploaded onto the system once a month (right around the 10th-15th of every month). That is why we won't go by the May USPSA classifications, as we are not sure they'll be out in time for the match.

So, in a nutshell, there are two classifications, one for USPSA, and one for IPSC. Otherwise, you shoot unclassified, and then you are gonna be going heads up against some pretty good GM's. :blink:

I hope all this helps!!! ;)

Can I shoot the match without joining IPSC, also i'm not classified all the way yet, can I send in my app before im classified and then edit my classification?

If you just want to shoot the USPSA match, you can do so. Your classification will be determined by whatever your classification is in April's USPSA database. Get your classifiers shot before then (by March 31), and they should make it on the upload for April.

As for IPSC, there is an ICS (International Classification System) postal match that Linda Chico will be doing from South Carolina, and those are due in by March 31'st. The way it works is, that you set the classifiers at your home club on your own (Linda is picking the simplest and quickest ones to set). A certified RO checks them for accuracy, and then he runs you on them, and you report the results to Linda. She puts you in the match, and reports the results so you can become internationally classified for the IPSC Qualifier. Additionally, we will be running an ICS classifier in Brighton sometime in March/April. Details will come available as soon as everything is nailed down...so watch this thread.

Now, unlike USPSA, ICS classifiers hit the system within 3 days, while USPSA calssifiers are only uploaded onto the system once a month (right around the 10th-15th of every month). That is why we won't go by the May USPSA classifications, as we are not sure they'll be out in time for the match.

So, in a nutshell, there are two classifications, one for USPSA, and one for IPSC. Otherwise, you shoot unclassified, and then you are gonna be going heads up against some pretty good GM's. :blink:

Umm -- not quite right Jeff.

1. I will have updated May's classifications. I always send my shooter list to USPSA before the match. They will do the classification calculations on the 10th of May. The USPSA match starts on the 19th. I will have updated classifications from USPSA by email. I do not wait for the lists to be updated on the website. The office staff in Sedro Woolley has been great about updating me as late as Friday afternoon for a match that starts Saturday.

2. If you are a member of USPSA, you already are a member of IPSC. To be a member of IPSC, you simply have to be a member of your IPSC region.

3. To get an IPSC classification, first you need an IPSC alias. Go to www.ipsc.org to select an alias. If you already registered for the match, email me your alias to add to the scoring program.

4. The plug for the classifier match I am planning is just a bit premature. I need to get permission from my local club (meeting is next Monday). Also, I wanted to run it by Vince Pinto & the powers-that-be in IPSC to be sure it is okay on that end. If I had it all planned out, I would have announced it myself.

5. I'll be happy to answer questions about registration, squadding, classification verification, scoring, stats, etc.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Match Statistician

Umm -- not quite right Jeff.

1. I will have updated May's classifications. I always send my shooter list to USPSA before the match. They will do the classification calculations on the 10th of May. The USPSA match starts on the 19th. I will have updated classifications from USPSA by email. I do not wait for the lists to be updated on the website. The office staff in Sedro Woolley has been great about updating me as late as Friday afternoon for a match that starts Saturday.

2. If you are a member of USPSA, you already are a member of IPSC. To be a member of IPSC, you simply have to be a member of your IPSC region.

3. To get an IPSC classification, first you need an IPSC alias. Go to www.ipsc.org to select an alias. If you already registered for the match, email me your alias to add to the scoring program.

4. The plug for the classifier match I am planning is just a bit premature. I need to get permission from my local club (meeting is next Monday). Also, I wanted to run it by Vince Pinto & the powers-that-be in IPSC to be sure it is okay on that end. If I had it all planned out, I would have announced it myself.

5. I'll be happy to answer questions about registration, squadding, classification verification, scoring, stats, etc.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Damn it...spanked again!!! Shoulda just said go to Linda...learning..still learning. Tactical Timmy, what she said... :ph34r:

Sorry O' sage of the stats shack.

FWIW, I've posted here on running an "IPSC" classifier match-- all I did was pick out some classifiers that are identical between USPSA and IPSC (there are quite a few), and run them in a local match, which I then rescored with WinMSS for the few people that wanted IPSC classifiers. The PTB's at IPSC were OK with that.

FWIW, I've posted here on running an "IPSC" classifier match-- all I did was pick out some classifiers that are identical between USPSA and IPSC (there are quite a few), and run them in a local match, which I then rescored with WinMSS for the few people that wanted IPSC classifiers. The PTB's at IPSC were OK with that.

I am certain they will have no problem with my running a match at my home club. What I was looking for approval about, was the specific format of running it as a postal match. I would hate to have people go through all the effort & then be told that I cannot include them with the scores from my local match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

If I understand the above correctly, one must be classified in IPSC in order to shoot the IPSC Qualifier match in a class other than "unclassified?" Why can't our USPSA classification be used for this match since USPSA is a part of IPSC? Isn't it more likely that most if not all competitors attending this match are classified in USPSA, putting everyone on an equal classification playing field? For me the allure of this whole deal was being able to shoot approximately 500 rounds in two matches over a three day period. Having to jump through the hoop of being locally IPSC qualified would not be possible for me. Is there some alternative?

Thanks

Classification is really not that big of a deal. A lot of IPSC competitors aren't even classified. I think it was about an even split at the World Shoot between classified and unclassified.

As to why USPSA can't be used, it's a different classification system. I know they don't have GM and I don't think they have M class either.

Classification is really not that big of a deal. A lot of IPSC competitors aren't even classified. I think it was about an even split at the World Shoot between classified and unclassified.

As to why USPSA can't be used, it's a different classification system. I know they don't have GM and I don't think they have M class either.

Listed below is the IPSC classification system from their web page. Seems a lot like USPSA to me. I still do not understand why USPSA competitors have to shoot "unclassified?"

Classification Breaks

Class Breaks

Grand Master 95% to 100%

Master 85% to 94.999%

A 75% to 84.999%

B 60% to 74.999%

C 40% to 59.999%

D 39.999% and below

IPSC classifiers use different HHFs than USPSA does, and also you can go up and down in IPSC class at any time. Making people shoot their USPSA class would end up with a number of people out of place one way or the other.

FWIW, Classes aren't a big deal internationlly where I've been. I think they've had the system for three or four years now, yet I've only seen class medals awarded once at an IPSC match, and many match results never post class breakdowns. Last year in Panama I had to track down some IPSC officials to find out what my class medal even was, after they gave it to me.

Listed below is the IPSC classification system from their web page. Seems a lot like USPSA to me. I still do not understand why USPSA competitors have to shoot "unclassified?"

Classification Breaks

Class Breaks

Grand Master 95% to 100%

Master 85% to 94.999%

A 75% to 84.999%

B 60% to 74.999%

C 40% to 59.999%

D 39.999% and below

From the match website: "In addition the (IPSC) match will recognize class placement with plaques. Note that these are for IPSC classifications, NOT the shooter’s USPSA classification."

From the Application: "Will follow current IPSC rules."

You cannot use your USPSA classification for the IPSC match. It is not supported by the scoring system (WinMSS) any more than the Canadian regional classifications are supported by EzWinSCore. Only 22 % of the shooters currently registered for the IPSC match have a classification (78% unclassified).

"For me the allure of this whole deal was being able to shoot approximately 500 rounds in two matches over a three day period." I'm not sure how classification changes that picture.

I hope to have an announcement early next week about the "postal match" classifier I'm trying to set up, for those who have the time or inclination to "jump through the hoops."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sorry, I was basing that guess on the last World Shoot. I didn't see anyone at GM. I know the Production winner was A class and there were a bunch of others with what seemed like lower level class rankings that finished really high. I wouldn't worry about being classified for this match. Doesn't seem like hardly anyone in IPSC is anyway.

I got approval for the IPSC Postal Classifier match. Please see the Targeting Education website for details.

The stages we will use are posted. Completed scores and information will be due by March 31, 2007. This should allow anyone to get classified prior to any of the 3 World Shoot Qualifier matches. Please email me off forum at LChico@msn.com if you have questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 5 weeks later...

I want to put everybody on notice, that if you wish to purchase a match shirt, that it will require you having your application in PRIOR to March 1'st. Techwear is making us some AWESOME shirts that you can wear as your "match shirt" in the future. However, due to their special printing methods, they need a 10 week advance notice on all orders, so if you want one...get your stuff in by March 1st!!! You can go to our match website to veiw them if you like. They are a bargain at $40 since they are specially designed to wick moisture away and provide you with a dry garment throughout the match. Our wesite address is:

http://www.lchico.5u.com/TargEd.html

The match is filling quickly...hope to see you there!!! B)

Jeff LaFave

Co-MD

• 3 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

Match Shirts are no longer available for pre-order prices ($40). You may still order, but now, due to manufacturing costs so close to the match date (read: CRUNCH TIME), the match shirt price will be $60. If your envelope is postmarked by March 1'st, you needn't worry as the $40 rate will still apply. Techwear gave us this pre-order price as part of their sponsorship of the match. We have designed a shirt that can be worn even after the match as a USPSA shooting shirt with no overbearing match logo's on it. Techwear will have some on hand for purchase at the match (at the standard $60 price), but their are no sizing guarantees, so if you want to be sure you get your size, please place your order.

We are looking forward to seeing you in May!!! ;)

Jeff LaFave

MD

You do not need a IPSC Alias or IPSC Classification to shoot an IPSC match. You simply need to be a member of IPSC (and every USPSA member is an IPSC member). However, then you really do shoot 'straight up' and are only eligible to win high overall in your division, or possibly a category award (SR, JR, SSR or Lady), provided there are at least 5 others in that Category in your declared division.

In order to allow more shooters to get classified by IPSC before the World Shoot Classifier matches, we have set up a "Postal" IPSC Classifier match. If you would like to get an IPSC classification prior to the match, see the step-by-step instructions on the Targeting Education match website:

http://lchico.5u.com/TE/TEClass.html

The deadline to send in your classifier match scores is March 31. Note that this will allow you to be classified by IPSC in time for all 3 IPSC World Shoot Qualifier matches. Note that you will be classified in time for the Rio Salado Match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Statistician

• 3 weeks later...

Stages for Targeting Education IPSC & USPSA matches are posted at:

http://lchico.5u.com/TE/TEStages.html

I want to thank my CO-MD Larry Houck for all his hard work in making things fit, and still offerring a superb challenge to the competitors. These stages had the potential to become a logistical nightmare, but he has come through in spades. The match is gonna be great. Thanks for all your hard work Larry!!! Also a big THANK YOU to Linda Chico for offerring up her administrative skills. These two make quite a formidable team. ;)

DVC,

Jeff LaFave

CO-MD

Edited by Barrettone

Wow we have Jeff running ... his mouth... :) Larry Match Directing and Linda on stats.... this could be the best ran match of the year!

Though a joke running his mouth is what jeff does best, Stats, Logistics Getting this range into shape... he's working his butt off to... anyone who doesn't believe me I'll show you just how smooth he gets out of a bob cat...

• 4 weeks later...

***MATCH UPDATE***

Thursday PM / Friday AM slots are full!!! There is still room to shoot on Thursday AM / Friday PM. USPSA slots are just about full for Saturday, but there is room on Sunday. Just a reminder...the IPSC is a two-day, 1/2 day format match with 18 stages while the USPSA match is a one-day format with 9 stages. You can shoot one or both. Gotta go groom the ranges now...

See Ya There!!!

Edited by Barrettone

Now, being a man who likes his food, I thought I would let you all in on the concessions menu and banquet table fare:

Thursday

Steak Fajitas

Firday

Chicken Kabobs

Saturday

Brats

Sunday

Hamburgers and Hotdogs (had to have one day with traditional range food) ;o)

Friday evening banquet and medal ceremony (complimentary to IPSC Competitors and Staff...Extra tickets available at the match for $20 on a first-come-first-served basis)

Crawfish and Crab Cakes with Cheesy Garlic Bread, Corn and Beans with Watermelon for dessert.

We wanted to do something different for a change, and I think many will be happy with our food vendor. We want you to look forward to eating at the range. ;)

Edited by Barrettone

Now, being a man who likes his food, I thought I would let you all in on the concessions menu and banquet table fare:

Thursday

Steak Fajitas

Firday

Chicken Kabobs

Saturday

Brats

Sunday

Hamburgers and Hotdogs (had to have one day with traditional range food) ;o)

Friday evening banquet and medal ceremony (complimentary to IPSC Competitors and Staff...Extra tickets available at the match for $20 on a first-come-first-served basis)

Crawfish and Crab Cakes with Cheesy Garlic Bread, Corn and Beans with Watermelon for dessert.

We wanted to do something different for a change, and I think many will be happy with our food vendor. We want you to look forward to eating at the range. ;)

shucks Jeff! and I was looking forward to eating the same usual range food for three straight days :rolleyes:

Raul