Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Snow

Flexmoney

I was just sitting...thinking things out...trying to let some steam escape for some recent emails.  (Emails can be a tough form of communication sometimes...easy to get things tangled up.)

So, while I was sitting, I was looking out the window...noticing the snow.  At that moment, the snow looked peaceful and pretty to me.  I know that people often see the snow and start cussing it.  

I then asked myself why people thought as they did about the snow...

[note:  more to come later.  I wanted to post this so that i would remember to come back to it.  I am going to lock it for now, so I can finsih later. (privledges of being an admin/moderator).   The truck should now be warmed up...gotta run.]

It would seem that any and all feelings we would have towards snow are a result of our perceptions and experiences in life...and how we choose to deal with them.

The snow doesn't care one way of the other.  It is just snow.

I think each of us could just fill in our own blank for that one, Rich.   Any circumstance.... a bad day at work, the car won't start, my boss doesn't like me.... just about anything.   I've got control of my attitude though, and that's the difference between having the blues or singing in the rain.  :)  

A teenage boy lives next door to where I work. He & his buds shoveled all the snow off our driveway. It was to make a 5 foot high pile of snow that they could snowboard off of. They put another pile of snow half way down the hill for a jump. They probably hated it that school wasn't closed again today.

I don't mind snow as long as the 4WD works.

It's also good to have a range in the back yard. We'll pick up the brass next spring.

Bill Nesbitt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...