Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vic Pickett Spring Kits

Northern Xtreme

As an aside, I am going back to Hogue rubbers for the weekend
Trolling for companionship again, eh? :P

Yeah, well, any port in a storm I guess. I had a judge waiting on me while I was writing so I cut things a little short. Give a person a robe.....

I personally do not know if the bending of the Clark spring caused its failure. I know the problem went entirely away when the spring was replaced. The entire story of the Clark trigger job may be interesting. I just sent the gun to Clark and said "do it" not knowing anything about revolvers. When it returned, it did not ignite Fed primers. Being "upset" at spending the money for the trigger job and shipping, I contacted Clark. They said the problem had to be my reloads, or the strain screw, or (see checklist I went thru before replacing mainspring).............

I bought some factory Fed and still got about a 70% ignition. I was basically called a liar by Jim Clark. Jr., when I reported that, an interesting experience. After some exchange he suggested I bend the mainspring back and/or replace the strain screw. I bent the spring back and went merrily on my way having learned a little about Clark trigger jobs and life until the gun started to mysteriously misfire recently.

To be fair, the internals on the 625 are smooth as a baby's butt and I had a 627 done by them that was just fine. But, I haven't used it much and I'm thinking about replacing the mainspring :) Vic?

I think people on this forum are intelligent enough to assess their own abilities and how they want to spend their own money. It seems they also better be thick skinned enough to survive the condescending comments directed toward them and other's businesses. I know I can. It's kind of fun. I'm now going to see how the Hogue rubbers fit.

Vic's stuff works for me and I'm going to order a couple of more kits. See you at the range

Edited by underlug

Its the old saying dont dish it out if you cant take it!

I like the one my boss uses at work. Whenever someone gets hurt he says " If your gonna be dumb, you better be tough!"

Carmoney you have the right to disagree. Not everyone can be right. ;)

Experiences may vary on the spring bending issue. I do know it is a common practice among many gunsmiths. I have had problems with them losing power before so I prefer the strain screw set screw. To me it achieves the same purpose yet it is much more controllable.

The last revolver I sent to Clarks I asked them to install the set screw and they said sure its a mod they used to do alot of. What got me is they did that and still bent the main spring and filed off the strain screw, and when I got it it still wouldnt set off Fed primers. :wacko:

I called them and they put me through to the gunsmith who also told me it was my reloads and that I needed to hand seat my primers to get them into the primer pocket all the way because my Dillon press wont seat them far enough.

I dont know how many of you have time to hand seat your primers, but I dont. I'd rather have the extra few ounces of mainspring tension and be able to run my reloads at 500 per hour.

I just installed a new factory mainspring, set the strain screw, locked her down and was back in business.

Not knocking Clark here, other than that minor issue everything they did was excellent and I have had them do two different revolvers and a Caspian High cap for me.

"As an aside, I am going back to Hogue rubbers for the weekend :) "

underlug - the PM you sent about wanting to squad up at Dundee Saturday......you were refering to the USPSA MATCH.......right ?? :blink:

Damn straight................straight. See you there

It seems they also better be thick skinned enough to survive the condescending comments directed toward them and other's businesses.

OK.....message received.....I'll try to back off on the P.T. Barnum comments and stuff like that.

I think I'm just trying to compensate for my natural tendency toward extreme shyness.

:)

It seems they also better be thick skinned enough to survive the condescending comments directed toward them and other's businesses.

OK.....message received.....I'll try to back off on the P.T. Barnum comments and stuff like that.

I think I'm just trying to compensate for my natural tendency toward extreme shyness.

I hope you don't back off........too much :)

The information and humor you provide this forum is a major reason I read it

Damn if the Hogue rubbers didn't fit

Good Gawd! Hogue makes rubbers?!? :o

Do they have finger grooves?? :blink:

Only if you're not handy enough to work out the wrinkles. :blink:

Sure .... it's called the "Hand-All" I think :o

Do they have that big screw in the end you tighten down to hold them on?? :ph34r:

Sure .... it's called the "Hand-All" I think :o

Do they have that big screw in the end you tighten down to hold them on?? :ph34r:

I think they are called "Wranglers" because they shrink to fit. Not that I would know or anything