Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 Holster Advise Wanted

open17

Universal Shooting Academy stock # 944-100-008 (Brownells), holster can be converted right or left handed, adjustable cant, rake and vertical. I have a CR Speed and to compare the two I would have to say the USA is faster and has more adjustments to custom it to your draw. Just my 2 cents worth. If I attached the site right it should take you to Brownells page.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/pro...?p=15481&s=

It says 6" guns, is that ...up to 6"... or only 6"?

I use it for my 4, 5 and 6 inch and it was a tight squeeze for my 6 1/2. To make an extension for longer would be very simple.

The retention of the Speed Sec is complete, once locked the gun stays. I don't have a

dig camera so I can't show you the lock.

I'm curious about how secure the gun is while it's in the holster but unlocked.

The lock works like the latest version of the Ghost holster. The gun has to come up beore the retention device will let it go forward. Jerry says he may try one since seeing mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for the Speedsec holster. I use it both for both my 686 and 627 and need to make no adjustments whatsoever. If locked it definitely won't fall out, if unlocked it should pass the 'hop test'. I've tried it several times and the gun never fell out. Not that I'm at the level of shooting where having the fastest holster makes a difference, but I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what the best equipment is and I would bet the Speed Sec the fastest holster on the market. I just couldn't see how one could make a holster that has any less retention and still be secure.

who makes the speed sec 5 holster?

Not sure who makes it, I think it comes from "across the pond"

Garcia was the only one carrying them a few years back, now there is 3 or 4 folks who

carry them. When Garcia was selling them they were known as EXTREME holsters.

who makes the speed sec 5 holster?

Not sure who makes it, I think it comes from "across the pond"

Garcia was the only one carrying them a few years back, now there is 3 or 4 folks who

carry them. When Garcia was selling them they were known as EXTREME holsters.

Shooter's Connection has a good price on them. http://shootersconnection.com/store/index.php?cPath=129

• 3 years later...

This is very strange. I did not write this post. Either someone has hi-jacked my "Jimini", or Brian's computor has crossed up somehow.

I do have a revolver but only one CR speed holster.

I'd like to chime in, if that's ok.

I use a CR Speed for my 625, and it's an ok holster but I find it does not lock as positively on a revolver as it does on a 2011 gun.

I have run the timer for someone else before while wearing it and when the shooter stopped, I stopped, and my gun somersaulted out of the holster. Ever since, I have been holding the timer in my left and keeping my right hand on the gun.

If I had to start from scratch in revo, I'd go for a kydex. I think Comptac or Bladetech has a nice one for the 625's.

Just my opinion, of course.

Good luck and have fun with the wheelgun! That's a whole new ballgame..

Edited by Team Amish 1