Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dead C-more

Big Guy

Today during a match, my C-more just went dead following the first three shots. :angry:

I did try changing out the battery and module. C-More still dead.

Any ideas what on what is wrong with the C-More??? :(

Any experiences with C-More's costumer services and turnaround time?

Someone indicated that although I should send the C More to the factory for repair, I should also consider buying another sight and keep the old one as backup. As he indicated, refurbished/repaired C Mores are not very reliable.

Any truth to this? :huh:

Today during a match, my C-more just went dead following the first three shots. :angry:

I did try changing out the battery and module. C-More still dead.

Any ideas what on what is wrong with the C-More??? :(

Any experiences with C-More's costumer services and turnaround time?

Well, inside there is a circuit board, it is unlikely but maybe is damaged. Ship the scope to them, their repair shop is quick. You may want to consider a spare scope, I know it expensive but it helps. Good luck!

...You may want to consider a spare scope, I know it expensive but it helps...

Not as expensive (or frustrating) as having one crap out on you at a major match far from home (been there, done that, shot the borrowed gun - badly :wacko: )...

Hey Big Guy.....

I have a new-in-the-box black C-More Railway, 4 MOA, with the click switch....if you might be interested. Won it at a 3 gun match this summer. Haven't got much use for it right now. Not sure if you can use a Railway for your application though.......

:D C-More is great be shurr to send a letter with the scope. Having a -Back-up scope is allways a smart plan. I have not had anything that will not break if you use it.

How important is the matchs to you? is a lost weekend worth $300?

C-More fixed one of my scopes :wub: that was damaged at no fault of C-More :wub:

Jamie

For those of you that currently use or have used an Arredondo knob in your C-More, have you experienced any problems with the switch?

According to C-More, the use of an Arredondo knob causes the C-more standard switch to go bad.

Any input????

If its past its warranty period just send the sight to them to fix. You'll have to pay but its alot cheaper than a new sight. I was quoted $165 to trade my old one in for a new one. I just had my lense replaced for $65.

Flyin40

Since 2000 or so, every single C-More failure I've seen was a big knob, a click knob, or both. The original tiny knob is the best one they made, my opinion.

As they say the customer service is great, just call them. If you buy a spare you might try the red C-More.

Since 2000 or so, every single C-More failure I've seen was a big knob, a click knob, or both. The original tiny knob is the best one they made, my opinion.

As they say the customer service is great, just call them. If you buy a spare you might try the red C-More.

Why the red one? :huh:

as an opposing datapoint, I had a tiny knob get loose-- such that it would slowly turn itself off during a stage. That wasn't fun. The clickers don't have that parcticular failure mode that I know of.