Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Big Stick Options

Micah

I searched and found not the answer, thus this thread...

I'm looking to play with the big boys a little in Limited, and would like to use my Production gear. What are the best options for creating a Glock bigstick? I shoot with a G34.

Thanks,

Micah B

While I've only screwed aroud with .40 mags, I get an equal number of rounds with Dawson or Arrendondo extensions. Novak +1 followers make them a little easier to load the last round.

For Limited, the Taylor Freelance 140mm pads add +6 to a 9x mag (23 rounds)

The Taylor Freelance 170mm basepads will add +11 to any Glock 9mm magazine (28 rounds). These are the way to go for a "Real" big stick in a Glock for Open Division.

Go with Taylors or Arrendondos ........... same price diff. .......... same round count ........... same amount of fun.

I reload better with Taylors, but the Arredondos seem like they would be "grip-i-er" ;)

YMMV

PS and you know if you want to trade one for that 33 rounder ........ !! ?? !! I'm up for that! ;)

But seriously if you prefer to only "borrow" one or two for a match I can arrange that.

My Arredondo's needed a little work to get the 23'd round in without a fight. I shaved a little off the back of the follower, now it fits 23 and a half. I reduced the height of the the back of the follower, just to be clear. I wanted the last round to be able to compress to ease reloading with slide forward.

If you do well in Limited, I give you about a week before you order a Ghost (or similar).

I did exactly what you are talking about, last month. Stepped up big with the little bullet that could. It's fun.

I got 23 in my Arredondo that you could easily seat into the gun, using the follower shown in this thread, before that I only got 22:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...p;hl=29\+1

If TF or Dawson or Grams makes a follower that goes all the way to 141.25, you might squeeze 24 in there.

If you're interested in Open, the #3 follower & TF 171 combo [see link] goes 29+1.

Edited by eric nielsen