Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This Rule Makes No Sense To Me!

CSEMARTIN

Oh USCBIGDAWG....you mistook my rationale behind an "exclusive" to IDPA members sub-forum idea. It is NOT because I think IDPA's poo poo doesn't stink. That's not it at all. No elitist attitude here.

I think there are some really pro-USPSA or pro-IPSC people or for that matter some very anti-IDPA people here on this forum who like to duck in here every once in a while just to stir the pot. They like seeing us IDPA'ers get our collective panties in a wad over something they say.

It's distracting to say the least, and at the worst, pits IDPA'ers against other IDPA'ers. Being divided is something we shouldn't be, but unfortunately there are people out there who get their jollies off by causing controversy and drama.

Geessh....people it's not like our outside of the internet forums isn't a big enough soap opera already.

So I am just saying have a separate IDPA rules/policy subforum where the posted ROE are you must post your IDPA member # at the bottom of your spiel OR else the mods will delete your post.

If you look up above, in the shooting sports discussion area, there already is a separate USPSA/IPSC sub-forum. I'm just kinda asking for equal time for IDPA with the stipulation up above that I proposed.

Edited by Chills1994

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh USCBIGDAWG....you mistook my rationale behind an "exclusive" to IDPA members sub-forum idea. It is NOT because I think IDPA's poo poo doesn't stink. That's not it at all. No elitist attitude here.

I think there are some really pro-USPSA or pro-IPSC people or for that matter some very anti-IDPA people here on this forum who like to duck in here every once in a while just to stir the pot. They like seeing us IDPA'ers get our collective panties in a wad over something they say.

Agree completely about the "trollers" that tend to wade in to cause a little mayhem. That being said, I don't peruse the IDPA forum that much but do when the topic makes sense and I can contribute, support or disagree (with explanation) on a particular topic.

Hope to see you guys on the range some time. Gotta get some sleep before going back to work in 5 hours (it's 2100 now).

Rich

We have drifted far from the original topic of this thread, and I think everything that can be said on the topic of the weight limits has been, so I'm going to shut this one down. If anyone has something of substance to add, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to re-open it.

Frankly, I'd like to see another thread started on the topic freeidaho raised, i.e.:

I find it interesting, that one can use any and all of those words, and worse, when describing IDPA, IDPA HQ, Bill or Joyce. Sounds like a double standard to me. This double standard maybe what starts alot of these wild threads in the first place.

Shouldn't the same respect shown to an anonymous poster that may do nothing for our sport be afforded to the group that founded the sport?

....in which I'll be happy to post my own thoughts on the subject.