Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side contest in Tulsa?

One month out, anyone for some friendly betting?

1$ in the kitty per delta and penalty. Person who puts the least money in the pot takes all.

You have to get in before the 1st stage, maybe allow people to buy out ( surrender) at any point in the match for lets say, twice your current damages.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it so both production and open can get into the same action. ( i figure that the open guys have too big an advantage on moving targets?)

keeping track might be a pain in the a** though.

Any ideas and interest? :)

Interesting idea.

How would you keep track? That sounds like the hard part.

We could keep track with a notebook, every shooter would have their own page and we could note on the sheet when you bring your scoresheet (s) by to settle up. This could be done continuously during the match i guess. A laptop or pda running a spreadsheet would be ideal though.

I'm open to all ideas.

Edited by ong45

One month out, anyone for some friendly betting?

1$ in the kitty per delta and penalty. Person who puts the least money in the pot takes all.

You have to get in before the 1st stage, maybe allow people to buy out ( surrender) at any point in the match for lets say, twice your current damages.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it so both production and open can get into the same action. ( i figure that the open guys have too big an advantage on moving targets?)

Oh yeah - I'm IN!

Oh yeah - I'm IN!

Kool, so far we have

Me

Jake

Shooter Grrl ( Dave too? :) )

Limited Girl

XRE

BBQ?

Short_round?

Shred?

Flex?

I will organize the venture, find me on the range with scoresheets (and bucks)in hand . Just look for the asian guy in a Limcat shirt ( NOT JJ )

Edited by ong45

For the side contest:

I did a rough count (based on a quick going over of the first stage diagrams):

- 366 Alphas

- 26 shots on movers

- 87 shots on partials

- 68 shots on steel

If you wanted to take the movers out of it, that would still leave 340 shots ?

Too be fair (mostly to the open shooters ;) )... what about gun jams early in a stage? That could result in a pile of penaltie$ and would certainly take that shooter out of the running. Here is what I would propose in that situation (or a Match DQ, out of match injury, etc.):

- Give the shooter the option to take all the penalties...pay up...and keep in the contest...or...

- Allow the shooter to pay up on only the shots fired, then allow them the buy-out option that James mentioned earlier...and they would be out of the rest of the contest.

Eliminating movers would be one way. Another way would be to split the pool by participation percentage at the end and award low open and low production penalty/delta winners.....

10 open shooters, 5 production shooters --- low open gets two thirds of the pot, low production the remaining third......

Either split the game, or don't worry about it - too hard to insure that the same box on the score sheet will always be the swinger, etc, etc. Yes, an Open gun is easier to point - however, the Open game is inherently faster, and we tend to take riskier approaches to stages w/ movers, etc, because of that advantage in speed of shooting.

Bryan_W and I have played a similar game before, locally, just to add in some pressure. He's shooting Prod, I'm in Open. We just shoot heads up. Even on things w/ movers, etc, he typically beats me on the Ds/Ms/penalties game, and I beat him on the overall (I spot him 15% in the overall, at his request, so that he's challenged).

Oh - I'd suggest not counting NPMs... :D Depending on stage strategy, it might be the right decision, so....

Bryan_W and I have played a similar game before, locally, just to add in some pressure. He's shooting Prod, I'm in Open. We just shoot heads up. Even on things w/ movers, etc, he typically beats me on the Ds/Ms/penalties game, and I beat him on the overall (I spot him 15% in the overall, at his request, so that he's challenged).

Bryan's a madman anyway..I'd make you spot me 25% at least :lol:

Bryan's a madman anyway..I'd make you spot me 25% at least :lol:

I offered him more points... :D I think he's just trying to keep me from feeling too bad... 25% seems to be the difference between top GMs at big matches, so....

• 1 month later...
I think I am glad I DID Not get in on this one...I was 120 points down at the end of the match. heck I felt good about it :blink:

JF

Oh = I only shot two stages clean with out droping a point

I know what you mean :wacko: I did the same thing. Not use to shooting when you can see your breath....brrrrrr :o

Maybe I'll practice and sign up next year...

barry

I was in for $19 - a miss/noshoot, 2 clipped no-shoots (on my last damn stage), one free and clear miss, and 14 Ds.... ;)

So, I guess I was in 4th place...

Ong, buddy, we're having a rematch next year!! :D