Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Customer Service

Guest Kilowatt

Guest Kilowatt

I recently bought a 550 from my brother. The press is missing a few pieces. The empty cartridge bin and bracket. I didnt see them on this site, So we called Dillon. We talked to Dave. He said we would have to order the parts, since we are not the original owners. So much for the no "BS" warranty. I dont expect to get something for nothing. But with the $40 shellplates and other expensive parts I am re-thinking my purchase.

LOL, why not blame your brother he LOST the parts in the first place

or

be a little smarter next time and have YOUR BROTHER try and get the parts he LOST for nothing, I bet it would be a no go if you chose that route too. I dont think any company relaces parts LOST by a customer as a general rule.

...be a little smarter next time and have YOUR BROTHER try and get the parts he LOST for nothing, I bet it would be a no go if you chose that route too. I dont think any company relaces parts LOST by a customer as a general rule.

I don't know...I vacuumed up one of my brass locator buttons, sent Dillon an email, and they were more than happy to replace it. But it was easy enough to cut open the bag, and find the sucker, and I never emailed them back and specified which caliber it was for.

Hmm....Perhaps I should call 'em up, and say, "Hi, Dillon? My primer tubes are in OK shape, but pretty much every other part of my 1050 is broken beyond repair."

<grin>

Hmm....Perhaps I should call 'em up, and say, "Hi, Dillon? My primer tubes are in OK shape, but pretty much every other part of my 1050 is broken beyond repair."

If it doesn't work I suggest you sent me your 1050 and I will gladly repair and relace all parts necessary, I have an execelent reputation for "testing" such devices but must forwarn your the "testing" process could take many years as I am VERY "thorough" and would never release any "repaired" 1050 without complete confidence in it's ability to crank out top notch reloads. :D:D:D:D

Broken, worn out and damaged parts we are happy to cover under the no BS warranty. Depending upon the part, we have the right to ask that it be sent in for examination and possible repair. Extremely minor missing parts, such as locator pins, we will also send out no charge (unless you ask for a bushel of them). Otherwise, missing parts are not replaced under warranty, as the warranty doesn't apply. If it was not bought new, we have no control over what is present or absent. If you feel that the cost to supply missing parts for a used loader is excessive, then I respectfully suggest you buy a new machine, so that you are assured that everything is present. :ph34r:

So much for the no "BS" warranty. I dont expect to get something for nothing. But with the $40 shellplates and other expensive parts I am re-thinking my purchase.
What needs re-thinking here is the choice of "who" you bought it from ;-)

I recently purchased a used 550B. When I received it, it did not have the small primer bar, so I called Dillon to order a replacement. I certainly did not have an expectation that this would be covered under their warranty. Dillon has been very helpful in answering my questions and they/BE also ship incredibly fast. I am very happy with their support!

Doug

My first used SDB didn't have all the parts needed to change it over to small primers. I sent an e-mail regarding the purchase of those parts (wanted to know what exactly I needed versus what I had) and Dillon refused to take my money. The part arrived quickly.

I've always felt kind of bad about that. The purchase of more SDBs and finally the 650 makes me feel we're all square at present.

While it obviously sometimes happens with Dillon, I'd still never expect any company in the world to replace missing parts for free on a used product. I've also found that any "attitude" on your part can have an immediate effect on the level of response you get from anyone, especially those being asked for freebies in a situation like this.

I agree you have a problem with your brother over the missing parts. Since you posted here, then you obviously had the ability to check on the cost of a shellplate long before buying the press, so a quick look in a mirror will show you who to blame for that.

I've ordered replacement parts for my Dillon presses on 2 occasions and everything was shipped to me in less than 2 weeks (I live in Europe) and all I had to pay where the shipping costs. The second time around I thought well if I'm getting these replacementparts for free I'll order some extras to have them make some money on the order.

Dillons warrenty is truly a NO BS warrenty. :D

yeah I recently bought a primer tube, but it didn't come with the 1050, where the hell is my 1050? Dillon???????

seriously this has to be a joke post? is it April 1st? how can anybody think that buying something used and missing parts that they are going to get free replacements from Dillon?

I too tried to give Dillon money for a couple things I needed for my new (to me) 1050, they wouldn't accept anything from me. So instead I've just bought some extras so I feel better.