Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Gold Team In 38 Super

coolsf

For those who own Witness Gold Team, could you please share your experience on this pistol?

Is the recoil really light ad the slide move fast? It seems like this open only takes up to 16 rounds for 38 super? Is there a 170mm tube for this pistol like SV/STI? Is it easy to find?

I am interested to get this open but EAA said they're not selling to CA and also Nevada...

Anyone has one of this and willing to sell through a PPT?

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a CZ-75 Champion factory open gun that has been getting my attention on and off. It is in 9mm, not .38 Super.

Usually at gun shows you can find some vendors that specialize in magazines. I looked and found long 25 -30 rounds mags, much longer than 170mm. I bought several, which then had an encounter with my cut-off wheel. After re-forming the base mounting "wings" and re-installing the original base pads I had perfect 170mm mags. The followers that come with them are too long and need to be replaced, and the spring cut down. Now these mags hold 29 rounds of 9mm Major.

I am not sure if they make these mags sized for .38 Super, but is worth a try at the next gun show.

BTW, I only paid $20.00 each. ;)

Muzzle-flip seems to me to be much less than my SVI. The extra holes in the barrel and the lower positioning of the slide seem to contribute to this. It took me a while to get used to the extra weight of the gun and the trigger but now I think it's the best gun I have ever owned.

I can easily get 20 rounds in the standard magazines using the CPMI +2 base pads. You can get these from Brownells, part number is 153-503-100

They cost $17.95

Henning has spoken to CPMI and they are apparently working on a new design for this base-pad. Grams springs for SVI .38 super will fit as will the Arrendondo Teflon follower/spring for Tanfoglio.

Everyone is searching for the 170mm magazines. Tanfoglio do make them but EAA does not import for some strange reason.

Eric Grauffel will build you a 100% reliable 170mm magazine. Another local shooter has one and it has never, ever failed. But they are expensive.

Everyone is searching for the 170mm magazines. Tanfoglio do make them but EAA does not import for some strange reason.

Weren't those Craig "replacement tubes" offered for sale back in the 90's supposed to be large frame Witness tubes? I wonder if they would work? I still have 2 around here somewhere.

Neal in AZ

I shot the 9mm Tangfolio Open gun the other day and it was frickin' sweet!!! I a tad heavy but man a nice gun and for $1400 NEW with 4 mags I think it would be a good choice.

Thanks for all of your response. All I can say is I envy you guy... Why? I'm living in CA :wacko:

I shot the 9mm Tangfolio Open gun the other day and it was frickin' sweet!!! I a tad heavy but man a nice gun and for $1400 NEW with 4 mags I think it would be a good choice.

Thanks for all of your response. All I can say is I envy you guy... Why? I'm living in CA :wacko:

Love Mine!Super low muzzle flip.... B)

what power factor you get with that much HS6?

I guess the V12 porting kinda eats the velocity up pretty quick

Harmon

It is major around 168 PF ....... The one I have is V8 ported .......... The V12 is the 07 model .

Harmon

It is major around 168 PF ....... The one I have is V8 ported .......... The V12 is the 07 model .

Harmon

Were can I get one!!!!

Harmon

Harmon

Were can I get one!!!!

I just got off the phone from EAA they have none in stock and will not receive any until Oct. 2006

DOOOHH

I just got off the phone from EAA they have none in stock and will not receive any until Oct. 2006

DOOOHH

Is that the 07 V12 they will not have available untill October?

Edited by DrawandDuck