Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looks like it will be Nov 30th thru Dec 3rd. Anyone plan on going?

That's during my annual 'break from shooting' period...so I'll probably have to miss A4 this year.

Bummer for me, as it's always been a really fun match.

Edited by joseywales

I don't know. Am I already entered? Where are the applications and checks my buddies and I sent in to be squadded together? One member said he got his check back, anybody else?

The Area 4 email kicks back as undeliverable. Is there anybody here that knows Hicks that can either get an update posted to the Area 4 website (as promised) or tell us what the straight scoop is?

I don't mean to disrespect your post Azone41, but where is your information coming from and why isn't this kind of announcement coming through the USPSA structure that exists to administrate major matches?

This same email went out an the texassouthsection email list. It says:

----------

I heard third hand that:

"The word came down today from Ken Hicks that Area 4 will happen on

Nov 30-Dec 3."

Just letting you know.

----------

Still sounds like rumor to me. Hopefully it will be confirmed or denied soon.

I've spoken with Jim and Kay and neither of them have consulted with an Area 4 representative concerning those dates for use of the Shootout Range.
Renée - That might mean that the A4 match will be somewhere else.

OTOH, it could just be bad info.

This same email went out an the texassouthsection email list. It says:

----------

I heard third hand that:

"The word came down today from Ken Hicks that Area 4 will happen on

Nov 30-Dec 3."

Just letting you know.

----------

Still sounds like rumor to me. Hopefully it will be confirmed or denied soon.

Sounds like a faxed memo from the TANG to me. Have Dan and Mary had a chance to look at this? :rolleyes:

I received this email from the RM for Area 4 requesting help with a memo from Ken Hicks attached:

Howdy everyone!

I am looking for staff for the Area 4 match.

Any help will appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Drazy

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Tom Drazy'

Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:05 PM

Subject: RE: Aera 4 match

I finally got a date that does not conflict with anyone else here in A4, 11-30 thru 12-3. I will have new apps. On the web in a few days.

Thanks

Kenneth Hicks

Area 4 Director/USPSA

(***)-***-**** cell (edited out)

(***)-***-**** home (edited out)

area4@uspsa.org

Looks authentic to me!!!

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

It's an obvious fake. Everybody knows Ken can't use email...

...although the spelling of "Aera 4" matches the shirt I paid good money for last year...

1) I am VERY happy that we have a "When:"

2) It'd be great for me if it is indeed in Louisiana. :)

But bottom line is this... Irrespsective of the who, what, when , where, and how et al. surrounding the event this year, I plan to be there. I look forward to shooting and working the match. I want to thank IN ADVANCE all of the folks that are (and will be) involved in putting the match on.

I know that I am the "new guy' on the block and all, but if my opinion counts for anything to anyone, I just want to say this...

All that REALLY matters is what we do today and tomorrow to make this a top notch event... safe, fun, and challenging. Everything else is just "white noise".... distracting and non-productive.

I'm in... and would encourage all to adopt the same attitude, especially those for whom Area 4 is "home".

:)

Edited by cautery

I've been on the Area (Aera?) 4 match staff for years, setting up the prize table and happily shooting the match.

As posted in the other A4 thread, no longer.

Even if I was in America, I still won't shoot Area 4 until Ken is out of the picture. His complete failure to competently handle what was a fairly smooth running match, failure to maintain open lines of communication, and outright deceit ("...no hotel space available", a line of...manure...that was instantly and completely debunked and posted about at length right here on this forum), indicates that Ken isn't up to the challenge of a major match.

I'll keep my money reserved for someone who can keep up with the game.

Sad, really.

Alex

Edited by Wakal

Who knows? It isn't like Ken shares reliable information with anyone.

Although, after tonight's meeting of the San Angelo Gun Club, the SAGC is happy to offer the use of their range for the exact same terms that Clark Range has been giving to Hicks for years.

Five thousand dollars.

One week.

No setup, staff assistance, or teardown help at all.

Although Fred says he will allow access for longer than one week, if pressed ;)

Alex

We need to keep in mind that just like all of our RO's, MD's, and other officers, Ken is a volunteer, and he's giving up his time so we can shoot. Very few people can stay on top of things in their volunteer jobs as well as they have to in their real jobs.

A4 last year was my first major match, and despite the "trial by fire," I had a great time. I plan to be there this year.

...and if you can't handle the job you volunteer for, you should step down and let someone else volunteer who can handle it...

;)

Using that weak argument is disingenious and insulting to all the hardworking and dedicated volunteers across the country who are...putting on matches without cancelling due to (verified and proven) deceit, keeping in contact with their staff and "customers"...

Alex

We need to keep in mind that just like all of our RO's, MD's, and other officers, Ken is a volunteer, and he's giving up his time so we can shoot. Very few people can stay on top of things in their volunteer jobs as well as they have to in their real jobs.

+1 Ken owns his own business and is very busy as I hear it. I know I don't have the time or desire to step into his shoes as area director.