Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams Followers And Springs

Jaxshooter

I have put the new style Grams springs and followers in my Limited SV and STI mags and am now changing my Open mags. I did not have to do any trimming or other fitting on the limited followers in .40 they function flawlessly. It looks like I am going to have to fit the followers in the Open mags. Has anyone used these new springs and followers in thier 38 SC SV and STI mags? Did you have to fit them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have put the new style Grams springs and followers in my Limited SV and STI mags and am now changing my Open mags. I did not have to do any trimming or other fitting on the limited followers in .40 they function flawlessly. It looks like I am going to have to fit the followers in the Open mags. Has anyone used these new springs and followers in thier 38 SC SV and STI mags? Did you have to fit them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

+1

I put the new style in my SV tubes and don't quite come up all the way. They feed flawlessly (so long as I do my part in keeping them clean ;) ), but there isn't a lot of pressure on rds 1 and 2 (esp. 1) in the tube.

I had been using Beven's old style springs and followers in my Open STI mags for the last few years and didn't have to do anything to them. I changed them all out over the winter with his latest one's and had the problem of the follower not coming all the way up to the top of the tubes. (140's & 170's) The mags wouldn't work reliably. I took a fine grade sandpaper and removed a small amount of material from the front left side. They work flawlessly now. YMMV Hope that helps some.

It wouldn't always feed the last round(s) out of the mag.

edited for additional content

Edited by 9x23

ever since i started to shoot IPSC i was told to use gram springs and follower, they were just drop in on my SV tubes. 9mm works everytime and never fails...i never had any trust on other followers except for these!!

Edited by shooterbenedetto

I have used his spring/follower combo in my 170 tubes and the followers also do not come all the way to the top like my old ones. HOWEVER, they have performed flawlessly (if that is a word) since I installed them. I have not modified them in any way, but I keep the mags clean. I definitely recommend them. They will be in my other mags when it's time to change out the guts.

Old Blind Squirrel