Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Division Mag Question

chunger

I'm wondering if these two 8 round mags are legal for ss division. . . I'm new and trying to figure out what I need to trade/sell get to make my stuff legal. I know my other 7 rounders are all good, but I'd be 1 bullet down. Not that that makes that big of a difference right now being as I can't shoot :blink:

8roundmags.jpg

Edited by chunger

So the wilsons and CMC's are legal because the metal mag body does not extend below the frame, but the overall length of the entire assembly might be close to these.

gottit. . . thanks.

chunger, it looks as though you have an officers length grip (7rds std with this model). My reading of the rulebook is this would be legal because you would still fit in the box and the 8rds are "standard" for the gov. model. I could be wrong but this is what I shoot in our local match. If nothing else you are legal for L10...

Guys would this be correct?

Ira

BTW will I get to meet you at TASC this weekend?

Edited by iweiny

Hi Ira,

I think this gun's a government model. . . Springfield milspec. I think it just looks shorter because it doesn't have a magwell like most folks like to have. Just trying to start out on the cheap and use whatever I already have and learn, but if I make any new purchases, I want to make sure I'm buying appropriately for a class.

I will not be at TASC unfortunately this week. I'm leaving for Orange County tomorrow to visit some in-laws and attend a friend's engagement party. But as I develope some more confidence in basics and pick up a couple more mag carriers, I'll be out to play! I had so much fun last Saturday it'll be hard to stop.

-'Chung

Joe,

I'm not Chung, but the magazines I have like that are Metalform X-Tended. From Gil Hebard.

What I call "natural 8-shot" because they protrude just enough to make room for plenty of spring and the Metalform follower under 8 rounds of .45. They will go in the IDPA Box even with a very thin pad, or as I did on one, dipped in Plastisol.

They are a little shorter than your ten cut down to nine. They will hold nine with a trick follower but it is bottomed out and cannot be loaded under a closed slide for 9+1.

If you are at SC today I will show them to you in person.

And ask about your thoughts on the Kimber Ten.

Edited by Jim Watson

not to hijack this thread, but this is related and i didn't want to start another thread.

the question is will 6" guns be allowed?

lynn

Lynn,

It might require trimming a little and doing the diagonal fit in the box like with Modified pistols, but you might be able to get longer than a 5" pistol in there. The trick again will be the mainspring housing and mags.

Rich