Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Classifiers

XD Niner

Shot 06-03 Can You Count today in our local match. Ok, this one may not be around for long either since it eats up targets in such a hurry but it sure was an absolute blast to shoot. I know the shots are kind of easy but I sure didn't get many complaints from shooters seeing it set up for the first time. I like accuracy stages but ometimes a wide open no apologies speed shoot is a good thing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

06-11 looks like it has a fairly high disaster factor if the shooter chooses to start standing

to the side of the table. Looks like there is about 15 inches of room on either side before

the shooter breaks 2.1.3, and DQ's under 10.4.7.

Doing the geometry quickly on paper it looks like you are safe up to the front edge of maybe even a foot or so out in front either side of the table for a start and engagement of the closest popper ((roughly 26 feet to closest popper). The close poppers are 12' from the centerline of that table (the diag or hypotenuse <sp>)and this buys you a few feet.

Should be interseting to shoot it at the club level with the non-gamers and watch em freek. :lol:

Have to try -6-10 and step out off the box too. Start both feet on the same box rail hands on X's Side step out of the box and HOSE :lol:

Edited by Crusher

Shot 06-03 Can You Count today in our local match. Ok, this one may not be around for long either since it eats up targets in such a hurry...

Heh? Why would that be a reason to get rid of it?

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

I clipped this off the uspsa web page

The 06 series of classifiers have been temporarily pulled while updates to the stage procedures are implemented. USPSA regrets the inconvenience.

I'm glad to see them do this.

I'm sure it was a tough call, but it's best to fix any problems with the stage descriptions now.

Me too, but next time maybe we could have someone look them over for problems before they are posted and shot by clubs as a classifier stage.