Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-45

I shot the deceptively named "Easy Street" on May 7, 2000.    Had 72 pts, due to a miss!  in 13.56 seconds.  Did not call all of my shots on this one.  It was a 67%'er.  In Beyond Fudamentals, on calling your shots, Brian wrote " an ability to call shots accurately is something that's usually lacking in the shooter who's hovering around the upper A/lower master level."  This stage was a text book example for me of how true Brian's statement is.  

cm99-45.gif

• 6 months later...

Shot it Saturday as my first Limited 10 classifier. Twelve seconds and change with a Miss and a couple Doggies. DOH! I had a problem with the first target in each array I moved into, but the rest was nice. :(

I can't find any data to get an average high hit factor to compare to but looking at bonedaddy do 13 seconds and a Miss for 67% (Limited?) makes me think it's a fairly low hit factor. If you wanna grandbag, this is your classifier.

Update: This one went in at 76% for me, with the miss!

(Edited by Erik Warren at 3:50 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

• 1 month later...

Shot this one yesterday.  This was my first classifier since last fall.  Kinda felt like it.  I ran it at a medium pace...wasn't trying to push it.  I had a jam on the next to last shot.

Glock 35

Limited, Major (B class)

85 points, 0 down, 17.64 seconds,  4.8186 hf  

Looks like 60.8025%.  Without the jam, looks like upper 60's...maybe 70%.

Started in A box on the left popper.  Then shot T1, T2, then left the box on the right popper (L to R).   Setup at the back of the box at B, shot from the right side, R to L.  Angled back a bit so I could come into C with the right paper indexed.  Shot R to L.  (My jam was, of course, on the last target.)

(Edit)  This just came in at 70.862.  My math was way off.  I think BD's 67% (above) must have been a local match percentage.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 1:21 pm on April 15, 2002)

(Edited by Flexmoney at 1:33 pm on April 15, 2002)

This was part of the Florida State IPSC Match over the weekend.  I felt I shot it pretty good, a liitle slow getting into position at the barricade and the port.

12.46 seconds

82 points

6.6613 hf

I know it could be done a full second to second and a half faster.  Tilley did it in 10 or 11.  That would be a smokin time.

Opps, you are correct....I was figuring that the stage only had a possible 85 total, I knew I was down 3 points, thus I came up with 82.  Lets try this again;

87 points

12.46 seconds

6.9823 hf

Thanks FTL

Shot this one in the Shirley Skinner Make a Wish match.  Limited with an SV .40

80 points, 13.18 seconds, HF 6.0698, guess it will be about 75% nationally.  (It was 86% at the match)

Update: The high hitfactor on this one is much lower than I thought.  It came in as a 89.262% nationally.

I shot right to left in the first box, right to left around the right side of the barricade, and right to left as I entered the last box through the port.  I shot conservatively (more middle of available brown rather than known A's) around the no shoots in the first box and from behind the barricade.  I attempted to totally disregard the no shoot in the final box since the targets were completely open.  It was a pretty solid run for me that (for once I think) pretty closely matches my performance on other stages and in the match.

GM David Weers won the stage in Limited at the match with 82 points in 11.70, and GM Dick Burkhardt was 2nd with 79 points in 10.47 (the only Limited shooter under 11 seconds) with a miss.  

If anyone is interested in Open, our own president and GM Mike Voight won the stage with 88 points in 10.57 and Master David Warren was second with 79 points in 10.24.  Just for kicks, two Masterclass Open shooters went under 10 seconds ?!?! but misses put them well back in the pack.  

(Edited by DBChaffin at 9:36 am on April 15, 2002)

• 6 months later...

13 sec. and change

One D on T1

Open

Cold and rainy

This was a Special classifier match.  I signed up for it expecting to upgrade my old open classification.  I was hoping to get some really good scores.  In poor conditions, I think I had a better attitude.  Instead of trying to burn them down, I was just there to shoot.

• 1 month later...

Same gun in Limited this time, dropped 3 Charlies and a heartbreaking Doggie.

1 Warren, Erik 11 M Limited 83 0 13.92 5.9626 90.0000 100.00%  

Should be one of those low M scores to drag my classification percentage down even further.

Update: sure enough... 87.685%

Edited by Erik Warren

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot it at the same match Big Dave did.

Open- 13.3 down? (can't remember)

I reshot it to try goin right on the middle barricade instead of left and did much better.

12.21, down 6. according to the crazy math, it'll be in the high 80s.

This one is all about calling the shot.

The targets are just far enough to slow you down a bit, and you must be moving before the poppers fall. Watching the rest of the guys shoot it, I saw a lot shooters wasting time on unsure popper hits.

I was surprised to do better from the right of the barricade. In the walkthrough, the left side approach seemed perfect. Behind the gun, though, the angle was awkward. From the right, the dot appeared on target automatically.

I also saw a lot of guys take way too long to get set in third position so they could shoot left to right. Coming in to the box, I was facing the third target and was able to shoot right to left very comfy.

A fun one.

SA

Has anyone done well starting from the port side?

I too shot it in the same manner as Mr. Anderson (or should we be refering to you as Neo?)

Steve, if you started in Box A, did you take the poppers first, whole array left to right, which? I took the poppers (left then right) and then the paper (left then right). At the barricade, I took the left most target first (because of the angle, I saw it as the most difficult shot). I too took the right hand target first at Box C.

Great meeting you by the way. Helluva shooter you are.

Second pass,

Left to right from the box, steel, paper, paper, steel. (I don't like the extra gun manipulation of steel, steel, paper, paper)

To the barricade from the right, right to left

To the port, just inside, right to left.

A serious question...what are you trying to accomplish by taking the two steels first?

Thanks for the compliment, btw. That was a fun match. hope to see you there again.

SA

My thought was to hit the steel quick and controlled, then slow down for the paper with the no-shoot. I saw the steel as wide open shots, but the paper as a tighter shot requiring a different focus. Based on past experience with going left to right on this classifier, that little bit of focus switch that I do when going steel-paper-paper-steel does not yield good results. Compared to the last time I shot this a little over a year ago, this method was leaps and bounds better for me.

Woops!!! Did my math wrong, thought this was an 80 stage, not 90. 83 pts in 19.39, might be a low B score.

you have nothing to be sorry for. I did something just a hair different during the stage than what I did on the walk-thru. I'll know better next time, and next time might be a bit more important. ;)

• 1 month later...

Shot this one yesterday (it was a special classifier match)

17.25 secs with 79 points. My only stage without a miss - DOH! I could have done this one faster, but had gun troubles at the last port! Should be a nice solid High C score, too bad I'm in B now <_<

• 11 months later...