Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Iowa Section Championship

Carmoney

Congratulations goes out to Dan Carden, the overall division winner at the 2006 Iowa Sectional, for the 2nd year in a row. This year it was a close race, at halftime I was a little ahead of him, but Dan kicked in the afterburners and shot very strong the last 4 stages and took me down to 98.8%. Keith Ulfers rounded out the trifecta, with Dave Williams a strong 4th and Sam Carmoney a solid 5th (out of 9 wheels total).

Everybody seemed to be in agreement that this was an excellent match, well-organized with challenging and fun stages--keep this one in mind for next year! Note this facility (and the same people) will be hosting the new Iowa Revolver-Only Championships in October, the day after the big Iowa Single Stack match. Stay tuned in for more info over the coming weeks/months.

Congratulations Dan, all the other division and class winners, and everybody who came out and shot this great match!

Congratulations goes out to Dan Carden, the overall division winner at the 2006 Iowa Sectional, for the 2nd year in a row. This year it was a close race, at halftime I was a little ahead of him, but Dan kicked in the afterburners and shot very strong the last 4 stages and took me down to 98.8%. Keith Ulfers rounded out the trifecta, with Dave Williams a strong 4th and Sam Carmoney a solid 5th (out of 9 wheels total).

Everybody seemed to be in agreement that this was an excellent match, well-organized with challenging and fun stages--keep this one in mind for next year! Note this facility (and the same people) will be hosting the new Iowa Revolver-Only Championships in October, the day after the big Iowa Single Stack match. Stay tuned in for more info over the coming weeks/months.

Congratulations Dan, all the other division and class winners, and everybody who came out and shot this great match!

Wow! Congratulations Dan for the Iowa Sectional and to Mike for his clear win at Topeka.

A great year for revo shooting indeed. Now who will be the dark horse for Nationals???

B)

Congrats Danbagger !!!!!

Ever since we saw you at the 2005 Florida Open we knew you were one of the ones to watch.

Looking like a pretty tough Summer Blast, and Nationals......getting more and more Competitive.

I may be glad I decided to shoot Limited at the Nationals......Then I can have an excuse as to why Manny, Travis, SmittyFL and all the real good shooters thrashed me like a sugar cane. :blink:

Looking forward to a great battle at the Summer Blast.

HOP

can you point me in the direction of where i can get more info on these matches. i have been lurking in this forum for a bit and have been bitten by the revolver bug.

currently i am shooting idpa in ames and boone, but i would like to see some of the other handgun sports played out.

can you point me in the direction of where i can get more info on these matches. i have been lurking in this forum for a bit and have been bitten by the revolver bug.

currently i am shooting idpa in ames and boone, but i would like to see some of the other handgun sports played out.

Welcome to the forums Brett.

Most of the jabber is about IPSC shooting with a little ICORE mixed in.

Visit the USPSA web site and select "Where can I find a match". Looks like action all around you. http://uspsa.org/

ICORE has a club list here: http://icore.org/ClubList.html

Guys note Sam may have placed 5th, but he shot 75%. Pretty good especially with a long grueling day in Iowa heat & humidity.

Congrats Dan.

I don't know what was more impressive. Watching the big guy smoke the last stage of the day (a hill side jungle run) or seeing him gallup up and down the ravine taping targets for half an hour before smoking that final run.

Dan even placed 7th out of 100+ competitors (90+Auto's) on one stage. A truly well earned Match Win. Good Luck at the IRC!

The match was pretty interesting and fairly Revolver friendly. Nothing really wild, just some tight angle shots and the 2 hillside romps.

Keith the way I heard it, Saturday should have been an advantage. It sounded like once you started moving on the hill, you didn't have to run again. Just slide thru the course. Though I bet the curves were a bit dicey! HA! HA!

Now it's time to get psyched up for the Area 3!

Keith the way I heard it, Saturday should have been an advantage. It sounded like once you started moving on the hill, you didn't have to run again. Just slide thru the course.

Well I guess that's one way to look at it. ;)

I'm looking forward to Area 3 and I've been practicing my long distance shooting as I hear it's gonna be even worse this year.

I'm looking forward to Area 3 and I've been practicing my long distance shooting as I hear it's gonna be even worse this year.
Keith - The match, or your long distance shooting? :P

:lol::lol:

We'll know in a few weeks.

They definitely need to do something about the hill side romps. They seem to use the same path each time, so some serious thought into gravel might be worth while.

Keith which was worse, sliding around or carrying 5#'s of extra mud on each foot?

Glad you mentioned Area 3 being tough on long shots. Looks like even the close ones are going to be partials in many cases.

And here I was thinking I needed to speed up at the A3 after being trounced in my last 2 matches, cause I was shooting too deliberate. Hose the long ones and pick the A's up close, yea that's the ticket!

Congratulations goes out to Dan Carden, the overall division winner at the 2006 Iowa Sectional, for the 2nd year in a row. This year it was a close race, at halftime I was a little ahead of him, but Dan kicked in the afterburners and shot very strong the last 4 stages and took me down to 98.8%.

Hey doesn't Dan look like he was 'corn fed' as a young'un?....we told him no mercy on those midwest boys....if he hadn't kicked butt, we had planned on having "Glock Boy" tattooted on his backside when he returned home to Richmond...

Good work Dan, now start practicing for Morro Bay...

mikey

Thanks to the guys at OOPS for all the work on the shoot. I don't think the rain was your fault, but somehow Dr. Dre caused it I'm sure. How else did he know to wait until Sunday to shoot.

Keith thanks for letting me shoot in your revolver squad. Hopefully I can show you some of the things I learned from you at the A-5. I really wanted to see D. Carden shoot in person (Mini Training Camp) but apparently the weather wasn't to his liking.

I learned a lot getting to shoot with all of the guys in the Saturday #1 squad, (and the guys who were in the #2 squad). I always say that your learning; either learning what to do, or what not to do. I learned a lot of what not to do.

Mike C. - You were right about making the drive all in one day. Big mistake. After being up all night the drive from the Quad Cities took 3.5 hours (03:30 - 07:00), then shooting in the nice weather till 17:00. Then attempting to drive home for 5.5 hours (17:00 - 22:30). I was a little more exhausted than I thought I would be. I was stopping at every rest stop along the way to stay awake. I had thought about doing the same thing on the first day of the Nationals. That is definitely OUT now.

See you again at the NW ILL Section in a few weeks.

Jim

Guys note Sam may have placed 5th, but he shot 75%.

Yep, but he sure wasn't very happy with his ammo sponsor after going minor at the chrono..... :( We were shooting the exact same ammo, but apparently the old 25-2 doesn't post quite the same velocities as my 625, at least over that particular chrono at that particular time and place.

Looking back at the stats, I see that all three junior shooters at the ISEC scored at least 75% in their respective divisions (Sam in Revo, Austin Griffith in Open, and Kyle Seipp in Limited), which is great considering the high quality of competition present at this match!!

Nice going, dudes!

Edited by Carmoney

Looking back at the stats, I see that all three junior shooters at the ISEC scored at least 75% in their respective divisions (Sam in Revo, Austin Griffith in Open, and Kyle Seipp in Limited), which is great considering the high quality of competition present at this match!!

Kyle is from my neck of the woods, just a little south of here. He is a hell of a shot. His Dad isn't to shabby either, good coach to learn from. If he starts shooting some majors you will see him pretty high up in the results for a young'en. Keep an eye on him.

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus