Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester Whitebox And American Eagle 9mm Ammo

eerw

Was cruising Sportsman's Warehouse...and got to looking at the 9mm ammo..

Has anyone shot the WIN 124gr RN whitebox , the WIN 147TCFP whitebox, the Federal American Eagle 124RN and the American Eagle 147FP ??

any chronograph info out of a 4.5" to 4.7' barrel..

any problems with it running reliably.

Thank for any info

I will be checking both in 147gr out of my 4" barrel this Sunday. If someone hasn't posted by then I will list my results. I will chrono both and see what the PF is.

Edited by bobert1

Hey Stu -

I'm not sure about the 124 or 147 American Eagle but the 115gr American Eagle is about the most accurate 9MM round I've tested. If I were going to shoot factory ammo in production it would be American Eagle 115 gr.

YMMV -

I will be checking both in 147gr out of my 4" barrel this Sunday. If someone hasn't posted by then I will list my results. I will chrono both and see what the PF is.

thanks..that would be great info..

Hey Stu -

I'm not sure about the 124 or 147 American Eagle but the 115gr American Eagle is about the most accurate 9MM round I've tested. If I were going to shoot factory ammo in production it would be American Eagle 115 gr.

YMMV -

Thanks for the input Bryan..did you chrono it???

I was doing soime testing for my 38 the other week and a Sherrif came over with a Glock 19 and asked me to test it. I know it was White box Win. and know it was'nt 147 gr. So I can only guess it was 124 packeged in the 100 round count box. Here goes! 1154 1176 1162 1153 1161 1165 1155 1153 1121 1120 1149 1139. I was impressed of the consistancy of this ammo compared to the results I got with my handloads for my 38. First time shooting a Glock too!

I shot two matches last weekend using the Federal 147 grain AE. We chronod at both matches and they varied from 990-1010 on Saturday and 1020-1040 on Sunday through my Glock 34. (5.4 inch barrel?) It's run 100% for me and I really like it.

OK..some info..

got chronoman to shoot a couple of the loads over his chrono set up at the Colorado State Match. anyway three shot averages..

the 147gr American Eagle ran 937, 957, 953, avg. 948, PF 139.4

the 124gr American Eagle ran 1117, 1121, 1083, avg 1107, PF 136

American Eagle 124 gr. FMJ averaged 1084 fps for two 10-round strings in my CZ 85. ES was less than 40 fps. Standard Deviation was somewhat less than my 124gr handloads using WSF and Universal.

Chris

Chronoed my XD Service (4" barrel) today. Wanted to see the difference between WWB and American Eagle in 147gr. The PF for WWB 147gr was 150. The PF for the American Eagle 147gr was 140.

• 2 weeks later...

What in the devil did you to do that gamer gun of your's there Bob to get 150 out of 147gr WWB? Was you using the JHP or TMJ version?

I shot 147 WWB TMJ all last year and every match had me between 139 and 141PF out of my 4".

I switched to reloading 147 FMJ Zeros after my source of 147 WWB TMJ raised their prices to nearly double what I could reload them for!

What in the devil did you to do that gamer gun of your's there Bob to get 150 out of 147gr WWB? Was you using the JHP or TMJ version?

I shot 147 WWB TMJ all last year and every match had me between 139 and 141PF out of my 4".

I switched to reloading 147 FMJ Zeros after my source of 147 WWB TMJ raised their prices to nearly double what I could reload them for!

I'm not sure why we had such a difference Jeff. We lined up 2 different style chronos and they both were close in their readings. When I got chronoed at KY State with my AE 147gr FMJ Flat Points they got the same results, 140.2 PF. So out of my XD, WWB 147gr TCMC comes out at 150 PF.

Congrats Jeff on 2nd place 'C" Production at KY State too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bobert1

Thanks Bob!

I'm actually comtemplating on playing around with the Montana Gold sample that we gotten in our goody bags. I like the truncated cone bullets better because they make a better hole in the target. I've had a few hits that would've been scored the lesser point value if I had been using FMJ.

...and they're cheaper than Zero right now. I just wish I had went around bumming everyone who shoots 40s or doesn't reload and nab their bullets because man can't make a decision on 5 bullets alone! :lol: