Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Seting Up A G35 For Limited

nipplehead

My son wants to set up a G35 for Limited and I not knowing Glocks that well Need advice as to what parts are needed to complete the project.

I am a friend of Ralphs so his trigger + Dawson sights after that I'm lost.

Need help with Magwell, Magss( what basepads, followers and springs) What LB recoil spring and do I want a FLGR if so Tungston or steel. Yes we will be loading to PF.

How many rounds can you sqeeze into a G35 reliably?

Thanks in Advance

Quick answer: you'll find this topic covered often and very recently, hit up a quick search and take in a wealth of info. Basics, review this thread here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...topic=35337&hl= and it points out another search for info.

Longer answer:

You already covered trigger an sights.... magwell, depends on taste. I like the JP Enterprises aluminum and also the THE brass, depends on weight you like.

Guide rod: tungsten adds weight, with about 15 lb. spring. I like just a normal weight Wolf guide rod. "Most" mag extensions will be 19-20, depending. I've had good success with both Dawson basepads and also the Arredondo. I lean slightly toward Arredondo, but that's my preference.

Good luck!

Mike

Edited by cnemikeman

+2 on above.

I have been using an ISMI steel FLGR with a 13 Lb. spring in mine.

My Dawson extensions go 19 rounds. These came with springs.

I have one Arredondo that goes 20. IIRC these came with springs also.

Travis F.

I shoot a G24, admittedly, but for an inch, it is the same as a G35. Here is how mine is set up.

THE tungston guiderod, non-captured 15 lb. ISMI recoil spring;

Dawson adjustable sights with fiber optic front blade;

THE brass magwell;

Extended slide stop, stock;

Extended THE magazine release;

Lots of grip tape;

I use Dawson basepads and can get 19 rounds into all of my 10 magazines.

Andy C.

If shooting reloads, you may want to consider a kkm drop in barrel. As far as gear, I like CR-Speed, for the holster and the mag pouches. Of course with a CR-Speed belt. Everyone above pretty much described what I use. Hope that helps

All you reallly need to get started is a trigger job of some sort (it's easy to get major improvement, just not a 2 lb pull), Dawson or Arredondo extensions, and TruGrip.

I just recieved one of Tom Novak's extended SS guide rods for ISMI springs.

VERY well done!!

The slide cycles much more smoothly than with the ISMI Captured Rod.

Also, the Dawson ICE for Glock is the sh**, IMHO. The more I use it, the more I like it. :D

I just recieved one of Tom Novak's extended SS guide rods for ISMI springs.

VERY well done!!

The slide cycles much more smoothly than with the ISMI Captured Rod.

Also, the Dawson ICE for Glock is the sh**, IMHO. The more I use it, the more I like it. :D

+1 to the ICE....

After the G35 in LTD for almost a year, I'd say the only thing I really couldn't live without would be sights and EricW's TruGrip. Things that are nice are the ICE, and Ralph's trigger kit (once I strengthened the striker spring).

I'm starting to have problems again, though, with feeding, which I believe are related to the tungsten guide rod, again. I'm going to replace it with the stock guide rod/spring unit, and if the problem goes away, screw it -- that little bit of extra weight isn't worth the grief.

(thread drift on)

Boo.......what type of feed problems are you having? I recently had a few, and swapped out my mag springs to some super duper ones from Taylor Freelance that fixed (at least for now) the problem I had...... Just curious, since I do have tungsten rod as well...... (thread drift off)

Mike

(thread drift on)

Boo.......what type of feed problems are you having? I recently had a few, and swapped out my mag springs to some super duper ones from Taylor Freelance that fixed (at least for now) the problem I had...... Just curious, since I do have tungsten rod as well...... (thread drift off)

Mike

Eh....This issue is NOT related to the tungsten guide rod woes which plagued me for 4 matches last year. Discovered tonight I'd gotten some Zero "TCM" bullets or whatever the field point profile is called, and loaded them a bit too long, I think. When I tried factory Blazer that's about 1.120", no problems whatsover.

Anyway, last year I had the damndest time with the slide stripping a bullet about 1/2 way out of the mag, but never going into battery. Drove me crazy. I polished the feed-ramp, replaced all of the springs in my mags (with the Dawson +4's), but it still happened - and with the stock mags, as well. With the help of some folks here, finally narrowed it down to some weird wear on the guide rod (there were some wear rings in addition to the single one near the end), and a square shoulders of an ISMI recoil spring. I think the spring was 'catching' on the rough parts of the guide rod. If you dig through this sub-forum, there's the whole thread, somewhere....

Once I took some 400 and 600-grit sandpaper to the rod, buffing it smooth, switched to a Wolff spring, and kept it lubed, no problems ever since.

It's bad enough having your gun not run -- it's worse, when it's a Glock.

I am running a G24 with a KKM barrel, Dawson fiber front sight, Heinie rear sight, JP enterprise extended mag release, THE extended tungsten guide rod, ISMI 15lbs recoil spring, Wolff trigger group competition pak, Decal grips, Dawson ICE magwell, Arredondo +5 mag bases, CR Speed holster, belt, and mag pouches. I love this set up.

DSC00013_edited.jpg