Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Us Mult-gun Round Counts And Stage Info

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that some of the previously scheduled staff have had to drop out so it won't surprise me to find out I am elsewhere. Like Tom said...stuff happens. ;)

Oh cool - maybe I'll get to be a CRO after all (or put with Happy Hanna or yourself or Carl! :) We'll be there Monday night Kev - when you going?

kath-plan on grabbing yer hubby and joining us at the pub after a days work.

Both R's of R&R Racing (a vendor and sponsor I believe...they usually are at most major matches in A1) are also listed as competitors so you aren't swimming alone in the red-headed stepchild pool Paul. :(

I'm just happy for Robert and RJ that they are "locals" for this match. Sleeping in your own bed can make up for a lot of headaches.

Sorry if I missed it, but what is the situation going to be for lunch at the range? Haven't seen anything up to now, and didn't care with the half-day schedule. Now, with the changes to the schedule, are we going to need to bring food to the range? Hopefully something decent will be available? Unless there has been a major economic boom since I was there last, not much anywhere near the range.

Hope the range food is as good as it was at Area 1. Not the typical range food, for sure. And supported a great cause too.

Although having rabidly anti-gun Ben & Jerry's ice cream at a shooting match was a bit sureal. :wacko:

looks like stage 12 has been changed-looks to me like the infamous ramps are gone-that right, tom?

The Ramps are still there-couldn't figure out a good way to draw them in.

Tom

Speaking of Rental cars... anything available in Albany?

Enterpise Rental has an office in downtown Albany.

Something I've responded to before but should touch on again. We are NOT allowing competitors to use their own golf carts, four wheelers, atv's, etc. on the range. Most of the stages/bays have a single, narrow road for access. We must keep this road open for fire and emergency vehicles. We will have a shuttle running the entire match up and down this road and it needs to be able to get through, also. And those of us on the staff that will need to use atv's or golf carts (like the RM, MD and Stats Runner) will need the road clear so we can get to where we are needed.

If you have a bonafide disability let me know what it is and I'll consider it (Terminal Laziness won't qualify).

Tom Chambers, Range Master

US Multi Gun Nationals

For those of you making the trip here for this match:

10-day weather forecast: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/9732...pnav_undeclared

Man its hot there too! Its 105 in Central CA today, I was hoping to get out of the heat for this match. Lets hope the forcased 86 on Thur to 79 on Sunday holds.

Edited by TMC

The Ramps are still there-couldn't figure out a good way to draw them in.

Tom

US Multi Gun Nationals

glad you clarified that tom-i'll drag them out on our range this weekend again...was beginning to like them anyway.

Wait a minute... are you actually practicing with the same type of props!?!?! Isn't that cheating? :P

hey-i shot area1 3 gun last year and had to deal with it...came back and made my own...it's all in the prep work. ;)

Anyone know what the MOR match schedule is other than just showing up at 0-Dawn-Thirty on Thursday and getting in line?

Per the USPSA Nationals web page:

7-27 MOR Registration at Range 08:00 - 09:00

7-27 MOR Match at Range 09:00 - 17:00

I knew that, but was really wondering if there was a stage schedule and any squadding being done other than "Festival Shooting" style being in effect.

Something I've responded to before but should touch on again. We are NOT allowing competitors to use their own golf carts, four wheelers, atv's, etc. on the range. Most of the stages/bays have a single, narrow road for access. We must keep this road open for fire and emergency vehicles. We will have a shuttle running the entire match up and down this road and it needs to be able to get through, also. And those of us on the staff that will need to use atv's or golf carts (like the RM, MD and Stats Runner) will need the road clear so we can get to where we are needed.

If you have a bonafide disability let me know what it is and I'll consider it (Terminal Laziness won't qualify).

US Multi Gun Nationals

This doesn't specifiy what the restrictions are on driving cars to the stages not on the north range. It is sounding like this is a foot soldier match and we have to hump gear in to all stages not directly served by the shuttles (directly served means dropped at the stage doorstep, not a 100 yard hike in from the shuttle stop).

I am glad I am bringing a small cart this year, normally I rely on my vehicle as the gear toter and drive in to all stages and park nearby. I then tote only what is needed to a stage after gear prepping at the vehicle. Glad I decided to change this modus operandi a little. This will be the first major 3 gun match I have attended where vehicles can't park rather near the stages. Worst walkin at both RM3G's I have attended was like 40 yards up a small hill for a rifle only stage. Hopefully this will be the case instead of what I am starting to visualize here.

Anyone know what the MOR match schedule is other than just showing up at 0-Dawn-Thirty on Thursday and getting in line?

Per the USPSA Nationals web page:

7-27 MOR Registration at Range 08:00 - 09:00

7-27 MOR Match at Range 09:00 - 17:00

I knew that, but was really wondering if there was a stage schedule and any squadding being done other than "Festival Shooting" style being in effect.

US Multi Gun Nationals

This doesn't specifiy what the restrictions are on driving cars to the stages not on the north range. It is sounding like this is a foot soldier match and we have to hump gear in to all stages not directly served by the shuttles (directly served means dropped at the stage doorstep, not a 100 yard hike in from the shuttle stop).

I am glad I am bringing a small cart this year, normally I rely on my vehicle as the gear toter and drive in to all stages and park nearby. I then tote only what is needed to a stage after gear prepping at the vehicle. Glad I decided to change this modus operandi a little. This will be the first major 3 gun match I have attended where vehicles can't park rather near the stages. Worst walkin at both RM3G's I have attended was like 40 yards up a small hill for a rifle only stage. Hopefully this will be the case instead of what I am starting to visualize here.

You can visualize anything you want but the shuttle will drop you off at the doorstep of every bay. And dude, I was at the 04 RM3G-you walked a lot more than '40 yards' to get to two rifle stages and at least one ot the shotgun stages. all of them on top of hills and ridges.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

US Multi Gun Nationals

You can visualize anything you want but the shuttle will drop you off at the doorstep of every bay

No visualizing, just some concern about what I do not know. I was just asking for an answer as to where the shuttles drop us off and pick us up, not trying to bust your chops Tom.

I just noticed your reply in the Golf Cart thread. Thanks for the info. That has finally answered all of my questions well enough for now.

I was at the 04 RM3G-you walked a lot more than '40 yards' to get to two rifle stages and at least one of the shotgun stages. all of them on top of hills and ridges.

I do not remember seeing you at the either the 03, or 04 RM3G. Everett Mastrich was at the 04, but I did not see you Tom, did you leave early? Maybe you are referring to 05 when I wasn't there.

In 04 there was one rifle stage on top of a hill with a long walk up a shallow grade path but I went up the direct steep path and it was only 25-30 yards from my truck.

The shotgun stage up the gully was only about a 30 yard walk around a flat path to the staging area from where we parked.

At the Iron Harry shotgun stage I was able to park under 30 yards from the staging area again. The medium distance rifle stage was on top of a hill too, but if you parked up high, you had less than 40 yards to walk.

Hi George, The club is flat so there won't be any hills to hump up and your cart will make it all the easier for you. I know I'll have a cart the next multigun match I shoot, hopefully in August. :)

I'm going to try and hook up with Tom, Mike, etc at the club today, tomorrow, or both days and help set up and if I find out any more info for you I'll shoot it your way.

Edited by walangkatapat

Thanks,

I know there aren't any hills, I just don't want to have to tote my entire supply stock along to every stage all day long because my car is parked lotsa' hundreds of yards away and can't get close to the stages. I am not geared up to carry more than enough stuff for a couple of stages at a time without a trip back to the vehicle.

Thanks,

I know there aren't any hills, I just don't want to have to tote my entire supply stock along to every stage all day long because my car is parked lotsa' hundreds of yards away and can't get close to the stages. I am not geared up to carry more than enough stuff for a couple of stages at a time without a trip back to the vehicle.

geoff-better plan on stocking yer cart for each day. i ain't counting on a shuttle, especially with the big squads. better be self-contained and ready to move. i just hope this isn't another reno...

I am starting to think that way and will be modifying my gearage to that end. May have to leave the cooler in the car though as it's too big to haul on my cart along with all of my gear.

Looks like the transportation from Portland to the Match Hotel never got done. I sure could use a ride from Portland to the Match Hotel tomorrow. If anyone has transportation, I'd be willing to chip in. I land at 1pm Monday. I'll check here tomorrow morning.

MarkCO, there is an airport shuttle service between Portland/Albany.

www.hutshuttle.com

3:30 am to 5:00 pm weekdays

3:30 am to 12:00 noon weekends

Please contact by any of the following means:

Phone Numbers:

Corvallis (541) 753-7831

Salem (503) 364-4444

Woodburn / Albany 1-888-257-0126

Fax: (541) 753-4683

email: office@hutshuttle.com