Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Us Mult-gun Round Counts And Stage Info

Does anybody know why they didn't use their own freakin' online squadding system? Poor RB got stuck with 7 people we've never heard of (and that's damned near impossible with as long as and as many places we've been around!)

Geoff and Butch, can I stuff him in with y'all? He's just a lowly tac shooter so you'll have to take it easy on him :rolleyes:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto.. on the Self Squadding... that has worked really well in the past... there's always one person you try to avoid.. that ends up with you :)

Added:

Looks like a low turnout so far? Only 156 shooters (so far)?

Edited by BerKim

Does anybody know why they didn't use their own freakin' online squadding system? Poor RB got stuck with 7 people we've never heard of (and that's damned near impossible with as long as and as many places we've been around!)

Geoff and Butch, can I stuff him in with y'all? He's just a lowly tac shooter so you'll have to take it easy on him :rolleyes:

kathy-who's RB? hell, send him over-we'll abuse anyone...only reason geoff & i are on the same squad is we have to map out the pubs every day (and try to find the trucks in the morning)...

Rb is short for Rat Bastard, my husband, David. You'll remember him when you see him if you don't remember the name!

i remember david...one of the few guys i've ever met that had more hair in certain areas thn me. cool-why aren't you joining him, kath?

hell yea, we'll get yer hubby to join us at all the pubs...

Using the online squadding system isn't an option for the Nationals matches as there are problems inherent with super squads and the media. However, I did manage to honor everyone's squad request due to the match size. David didn't issue a squad request. I can only do so much. I can't make guesses or take shots in the dark. I did the best I could with what I was given.

Kim

No worries Kim - it is half of our fault. I was expecting an online squadding to show up like last year, so I didn't send in ANY requests, not for this match, nor the others. I'll be fixing that though :) A little announcement would've been nice though.

Butch - I'll be there - on Stage 9 (I think). I'm working this one.

F'in' USPS. I've tried to send my entry in twice and the paperwork keeps getting bugged up. I swear I'm going to drive to Sedro and just turn it in, in person.

Oh well. Now that I'm back in the US finally, I'm sending it the reliable way, UPS. Kim, y'all should have it by Wednesday of next week. As for a squad request, I'll check it out and put a request in with my check(s).

Rich

F'in' USPS. I've tried to send my entry in twice and the paperwork keeps getting bugged up

I used Acrobat to fill in the application pdf file and digitally sign it. After a telephone call to let them know it was on it's way, I e-mailed it to the USPSA office. I then phoned back and paid with my credit card. Total time to reg = less than 2 hours from download of the pdf application from the USPSA website.

Guys, that squad matrix is probably moot, since there are only 18 squads at present. I'm sure there'll be an update posted soon.

Troy

No doubt, looks like every squad has a stage missing. Adding the chrono made one too many stops for the number of timeslots available per squad. Looks like two more Sunday slots or give up a stage. I'll gladly skip the slug-only load fest :lol:

Edited by Paule

The matrix is fixed.

They also have the MOR stages up. No paintballs.

Also noticed that Cooley and Piatt and Lund are listed as shooting in Tactical.

Kelly N isn't listed at all.

Guess we will have a brand spanking new Limited Division USPSA National champion. Ted Puente or Tomasie? Hmm....

look closely at stage 6...clays are worth 2 a's, yet total points for stage are based on all targets being worth 5 pts. flying clays need to be worth more or no one will shoot them, but there are 8 static clays on that stage as well.

stage 10 has a hot pistol while shooting rifle-cool.

also surprised to see all plates on the long range rifle (stage 12) only worth 5 pts...

Yeah, 6 oughta be 150 points if ALL of the clays are worth 2 A's. If only the flyers are worth 2 A's then it should still be 110 possible points for the stage.

Depends on run time and target visibility on stage 12, you could wind up getting a better score by blowing off hard/slow to hit targets. We get to see it at the end of day 2 so there will be some established time/points data to judge things from by then.

I wonder how quickly the 6 stages we are scheduled to shoot in about 5 hours on Saturday afternoon will actually go ;-)

Depends on run time and target visibility on stage 12, you could wind up getting a better score by blowing off hard/slow to hit targets. We get to see it at the end of day 2 so there will be some established time/points data to judge things from by then.

exactly-remember what happened in reno 2 years ago on pistol/rifle combo stage 5?

IIRC the 300+ yard plates in '05 Nationals in Vegas were valued at >= 10 points.

I think if they want to guarantee those 300+ plates on stage 12 are worth engaging they should be valued >= 10 points.

Right now who nows? It'll depend on the size of the target, how the ports are set-up and the ability of each shooter.

Edited to Add:

Everybody in the two super squads I saw in Vegas '05 engaged the 300 yard targets... probably because of their 10 point valuation.

In Reno '04 where the new rules were not in effect a lot of intermediate to long range steel valued at 5 points were engaged (thrown shot) to escape the FTE penalty but were essentially skipped.

Edited by Religious Shooter

Even at 5 pts each for the long range rifle, you better be ready to hit them. The whole super squad is going to engage them, and they will probably hit them all. If they do it, you better do it too or else you will be way behind on points.... Even if you miss 4 out of the 9 plates you already lost 60 out of 105 possible points. If you're crazy enough not to try to hit the 9 plates ( That's a ZERO for the stage ).

Good Luck

Even at 5 pts each for the long range rifle, you better be ready to hit them

Of course I am ready to hit them. I am just reserving judgement on the math behind a stage until I see how many seconds specific targets will take to get into position on and then hit. In certain circumstances, it is a liability to actually take the time to actually hit a target as opposed to shooting in the general direction as quickly as possible and then moving on. In this circumstance I cannot see how an obvious and actual edge would be ignored by anyone in serious contention if the stage design was flawed enough to present that edge.