Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deer Vs Car

Nebraskan

Tuesday night indoor match fee $9.00

Gas to and from match $20.00

Thwacking a deer with the car on the way home from the match...Priceless :angry:

At least until the insurance adjuster is done with it and it will have a price then!

I "harvested" a deer ("splat") with the family station wagon, lo these fifteen years ago. $1,200 later...sigh. :angry:

When I got back to a place that had deer, I drove my nice new truck off the lot, up the road to the "Big Boy's Toy Store" and told the nice folks that I wanted a front bumper that could pulverize one of the itty bitty critters Texans call deer and just need to be hosed off (the bumper, that is, the deer would probably require mouth-to-snout).

One of the local guys tells me that his F250 with the take-off bumper has killed three deer "at excessive speed" (I assumed the truck, but the deer could have been running really fast).

:)

To paraphrase Ron White, stalking and tracking a deer and then shooting it with a bullet going 3,000 feet per second...pretty tough. If you really want to kill one just slow your bullet down to 55 miles per hour and put little lights and a horn on it and the deer will JUMP in front of it...an ellusive little critter...

Good luck with the insurance adjuster! Factory parts ;)

Alex

Edited by Wakal

My bro-in-law just retrofit the local ambulances with a front bumper. Their only requirement was they didn't want to take their foot off the gas if there was a critter in the road. They ended up with a v-shape snowplow type design. Initial product test worked well, no dents to the front and all the scraps ended up in the ditch.

My bro-in-law just retrofit the local ambulances with a front bumper. Their only requirement was they didn't want to take their foot off the gas if there was a critter in the road. They ended up with a v-shape snowplow type design. Initial product test worked well, no dents to the front and all the scraps ended up in the ditch.

You got any pictures of the design?

I have killed more deer with my vehicals than with my Rifles, Hanguns, Bows and Muzzle loaders, Born and raised in Colorado. SUCKS! :(

Ivan

Ivan,

I grew up in western Kansas, pheasant heaven. Like you I've killed more pheasant with the grill, windshield and headlights of my car than with a gun. Even with pheasant it's a lot cheaper using the gun and unless you like pheasant paste...well you get the idea.

Nolan

Follow Up--

Happy day with insurance company. Filed claim with insurance company Wednesday, adjuster came to work to inspect the car Thursday and cutting a check to body shop of my choice today. No quibbles on estimate. :wub:

You ain't lived until you top the rise on a moonlite night on a 2 lane blacktop road in Southwestern Montana doing about 90 and there in front of you down the road is a herd of cattle taking up both lanes. Since this is a hate rant -- I hate cattle in/on the road. They are expensive, the car is totaled and I didn't even get any beefsteak out of it.

Montana deer stories! Have a friend who drove his brand new small truck off the lot and hit 3 on the way home. A law enforcement friend has some great dash-cam video of hitting a deer at HIGH speed. Thing just turns into mist. When my wife and I were just married we were traveling to Denver from Montana (at night) and I was sleeping in the passenger seat and awoke to the car quickly moving left and right. I open my eyes and am looking prong horn in the eye out the side window at about 75 miles an hour. Not a scratch.

One of our agents totaled their mini van running into Angus (black) on a black top road

on a moonless night. They didn't see anything until it was to late. No one was hurt thank Goodness.

Certified Angus! :)

Extra Yummy! :)

Blackdragon, you should have been running into Elk when you lived in Colorado!

They are way better than deer! :P

FM

Edited by Front Man