Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Job Well Done

AzShooter

Thanks to Nelson Dymond and his staff for all their work on the 2006 Southwest Regional Championship. What a beautiful range, great prize table, wonderful staff and fantastic lunch.

Congratulations to Vic Pickett for capturing another Open title and to Dan Carden for placing first in the Limited Division.

I had a great time seeing old friends and shooting some challenging stages.

Thanks to Nelson Dymond and his staff for all their work on the 2006 Southwest Regional Championship. What a beautiful range, great prize table, wonderful staff and fantastic lunch.

Congratulations to Vic Pickett for capturing another Open title and to Dan Carden for placing first in the Limited Division.

[

quote]

Thanks to everyone for a great match. Lunch was great. Sorry I had to leave before the awards. Thank you to my squad, also. Randy, the gun worked fine.

Edited by underlug

I agree. Great match and good people and good food! Big thanks to all the people involved.

The stages as usual, allowed me to rise to my own level of incompetence. I have my work cut out for me before the IRC rolls around... :(

Was that some other Randy Lee near the top of the standings? If it was, I couldn't find you on the list (especially down near where I was). Congratulations. You shot an excellent match. And, your follow thru on the guns you build is remarkable.

I second that, Nelson and his staff did a great job.

Congratulations to Vic and Dan, great shooting!

Dan, hopefully I will be more competitive at the IRC.

I would of like to see the top Open and Limited shooters get a gun from the prize table, they did win the match. I did not think it was right that Vic and Dan went to the prize table by luck of the draw.

I second that, Nelson and his staff did a great job.

Congratulations to Vic and Dan, great shooting!

Dan, hopefully I will be more competitive at the IRC.

I would of like to see the top Open and Limited shooters get a gun from the prize table, they did win the match. I did not think it was right that Vic and Dan went to the prize table by luck of the draw.

I almost forgot a speacial thanks to all the match sponsors! Great Prize table!

Was that some other Randy Lee near the top of the standings? If it was, I couldn't find you on the list (especially down near where I was). Congratulations. You shot an excellent match. And, your follow thru on the guns you build is remarkable.

Thanks underlug. I think I'm going to try this new approach to the IRC prep- little sleep, practice only with other people's guns during test fire. I think it helped me to not psyche myself out.

+4 on the match. I shot with Vic and it was fun watching him do his thing. We had a good squad I enjoyed shooting with you guys. Congrats again Vic on the win.

Nelson and your staff did a great job, Thank you. The lunch was also outstanding thanks to all who put it on.

My .02, I also would of like to see the top Open and Limited shooters get a gun from the prize table, they did win the match. I did not think it was right that Vic and Dan went to the prize table by luck of the draw.

+4 on the match. I shot with Vic and it was fun watching him do his thing. We had a good squad I enjoyed shooting with you guys. Congrats again Vic on the win.

Nelson and your staff did a great job, Thank you. The lunch was also outstanding thanks to all who put it on.

My .02, I also would of like to see the top Open and Limited shooters get a gun from the prize table, they did win the match. I did not think it was right that Vic and Dan went to the prize table by luck of the draw.

As someone who will always be in the middle of the pack, I have to agree that the winners should be rewarded even though I understand the reasons for the drawing for prizes. . When I first started with ICORE, it was not as competitive as it is today. Today, matches have to be treated as strict competitions. Unfortunately, that means you are competing against others and the stage designer. "Competitors" should shoot the stages as efficiently as they can given the stage descriptions and target placement. This is not meant to be a criticism. But, it has become a different world out there over the past few years with the advances in equipment, the resources brought to bear on participating, and the overall competiveness. Concomittantly, I think those that succeed should be rewarded at the very generous prize tables. (And, a big THANK YOU to all the sponsors). Just my opinion. Worth what you paid for it.