Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New And Improved Open Blaster

nbright

I proud as a new papa so I thought I'd share. Attached is a picture of my updated open gun family, the lower pistol is a older but extremely reliable .38 Super SV, Schuemann Hybrid barrel, shoots flatter than the salt flats. The top pistol is my current sweetheart :wub: , a Joey Hardy built 9mm Mongoose that has been very very good to me. Quick to draw, quick to index and it just helped me earn my M card. The center pistol is the updated one, previously a .38 Super Trubor Competitor, now a Rob Sheperd of Major Nyne Guns conversion to, you guessed it, 9mm. Rob fitted a Brazos Trubor Thundercomp SX barrel, added the slide racker, and replaced several parts that had seen better days. Of course this is my sons gun to shoot now... maybe... well we'll see. <_<

openblasters8sc.jpg

new9mm2hm.jpg

Edited by nbright

How did he add the slide racker? On my TurBor the slide is cut so close to the barrel hood that it seems impossible. Is yours mounted like a normal racker is? Just asking to see if I can get it done at an economical price. Could you post a pic of the other side of that gun too?

Good looking gun though.

can you tell me who makes the mage release buttons on the top and middle gun? thanks.

btw, nice threesome ;-P

The middle one is a egw extended paddle. I think the one on top is a Hardy custom. I've never seen it on a different gun or offered anywhere else. It's like a rounded and smaller STI mag release.

The middle one is a egw extended paddle. I think the one on top is a Hardy custom. I've never seen it on a different gun or offered anywhere else. It's like a rounded and smaller STI mag release.

The Hardy I saw looked suspiciously like a chopped and channeled barrel link. I thought it was pretty cool.

The Hardy I saw looked suspiciously like a chopped and channeled barrel link. I thought it was pretty cool.

That's exactly what it is. JL says as much in a thread on this very forum ;) Cool lookin' button....

How did he add the slide racker? On my TurBor the slide is cut so close to the barrel hood that it seems impossible. Is yours mounted like a normal racker is? Just asking to see if I can get it done at an economical price. Could you post a pic of the other side of that gun too?

Good looking gun though.

Here is a picture of the right side as you request. Rob cut a beautiful dovetail into the top of the slide to add the racker. And the racker is from EGW as well.

rightside6lz.jpg

Nice collection. How did you convert your trubor to 9mm? Did Rob change the extractor only to shoot 9? Thanks. Where is Rob based at?

Rob is located in Salem, Oregon and has a website up at http://www.majornyneguns.com. He installed a new barrel and comp, fitting it to the slide, and change the extractor to an Aftec 9mm.

Edited by nbright

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...