Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Air Marshall oops

Steve Anderson

Just heard on the radio (610 am, columbus, Ohio) that an Air Marshall was suspended for leaving his gun in the plane restroom, where it was found by a passenger!

Yikes!

Also, did anybody see the air marshall qualifier in "special weapons for military and law enforcement" magazine?

The toughest requirement was two shots to center at 21ft. from low ready in 1.5 seconds.

I'll post the rest later.

SA

I have a friend who is Marksman shooting IDPA and he happened to meet and shoot with two air Marshalls last month.  He dusted them at their own drills.  Best they could do on the Mozambique at 7yds was about 3 sec from the leather and concealed.  doesn't give me much confidence!

tightloop, if you come Thu nights at 7 to RangeMasters on the 59 range, you can shoot with an air marshall every week. He is pretty good....(learned it from *us*...). Maybe he'll show you the magic bullets they use.

3 sec for a solid Mozambique seems more than sufficient for the purpose to me.

--Detlef

If I was getting beaten by a CDP Marksman, regardless of the time or the drill, I wouldn't show up at a match till I could be certain I would not be embarrassed again.  

I would shoot with you, but I do not shoot indoors; bad lighting, air borne lead particles, not enough ventilation.  come to PSC or to Eagle Lake and we can meet face to face.

"The toughest requirement was two shots to center at 21ft. from low ready in 1.5 seconds."

Ya know, that's the problem with "Standards."  It really becomes a standard of mediocrity.  Instead of standards, they ought to only take the top X % of the class.  Wanna play Air Marshall?  You'd better be the best, or you might not make the cut.  

That said, Air Marshalling is a job that I'd come to hate in a hurry.  There's nothing about flying coach and living in an airport that appeals to me.  I think I'd die of total boredom.  

Note:  If anyone does try out for the job, you'll soon be the favorite guy of everyone in the airline industry.  When I flew for work, every time I declared my gun, the agent behind the counter would hopefully ask:  "Are you the Air Marshall?"  They looked so disappointed when I checked my gun in baggage.  I felt like saying, "No, but I'll take my gun on board if it'll make you feel better..."

E

"Good afternoon, this is your captain speaking.  As you prepare for landing with your seat backs up and your tray tables secure, would the person who found the air marshall's pistol in the restroom please press the attendant button?  We will gladly retrieve the weapon from you and unite it with the rightful yet misguided owner.  And as always, we thank you for flying with us today."

"Coach my ass, they're up in first class to be near the cockpit. "

Okie Dokey!  We have a "safety" program run by total freakin' morons.  Guys always dressed the same way, sitting in the same place - few of whom can hit a bull in the butt at five paces.  

Nawww....nobody'll catch on to *that*.  Never!

I want my nailclippers back.  I'll take those odds over the Air Marshmallows.

E