Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Will It Fit The Box Question

I'd measure my gun but it's in pieces at the moment. Slide is gone fishing.. (being refinished). I ordered a Wilson EZ loader magwell tonight along with some extended base pads for my Wilson mags. I think they are the longest pads that Wilson offers. With the magwell installed and the mag inserted with the extended basepads, do you think it will fit the box? My concern is with the pads really.

Thanks!

Edited by 21411

Yep, the basepads will be a problem. You can cut the angle on the front edge and round them off with sandpaper to make them work.

You better cut them. I have Heinies and Kimber adjustables on two different guns. Neither would fit in the box without the above modification.

Edited by Mayonaise

It is pretty easy to make your own box. I just used four 2" sq. pieces of lumber and glued them together. I was not worried about the height, just the perimeter.

Neither of my Kimbers, with adjustable rears, will fit into the box with the extended pads. The rear sights are adjusted about as low as you can go.

I had to trim about 1/16" off the bottom front of the pad.

My SA 1911 with Bomars would not fit with the .650" pads but fits fine with the .350" pad. I have shot a couple USPSA Single Stack like matches and reload with the .350" was not an issue. I have an S&A magwell on the gun.

Later,

Chuck

Thanks again for the tips. Well the box is finally finished. I don't have my 1911 together so I threw in the Glock. It BARELY fits in. It's really snug..

63875859-M.jpg

That's because the Glock 34 and 35 were designed to just fit the box