Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wal-mart To Stop Selling Ammo ?

It would be sad to see corporate America give in, but it did happen 10 years or so ago when K-Mart stopped selling handgun ammo.

That may be one of the reasons that K-mart stores closed in the Mobile area. Sears Essentials bought out the one near my home.

FWIW

dj

Even in California, they still sell ammo.

They pulled all longguns out, a year or 2 back. (I'd never seen pistols in there)

Calif has a 10 day waiting period.. they didn't follow it, it was ther own fault. Other cases they didn't even do the paper work. They had something like 400 violations in 6 months, or something gross like that.

Not sure if it was just Calif DOJ, or BATF too.

Just talked to a fellow shooter who's also a Wally World manager here in NE FL and he says it's not true. The stores with the lowest % of firearms sales will drop the long guns. That's what's going on.

Cheers!

Thankfully Wal Mart stores in Montana are more realistic & even fill the shelves with shotgun shells during bird season.

I had a problem a couple of years ago trying to buy a shotgun when NICS was down & the clerk didn't want to accept my CWP as a valid replacement for the NCIS check. Got a manager & solved the problem.

Just talked to a fellow shooter who's also a Wally World manager here in NE FL and he says it's not true. The stores with the lowest % of firearms sales will drop the long guns. That's what's going on.

Cheers!

Old news.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&...t=448600&page=1

From : CUSTOMER REPLIES: WM Stores & Sam's Clubs <cstreply@wal-mart.com>

Sent : Friday, March 24, 2006 9:53 AM

To : <XXXXX@xxxmail.com>

Subject : Response from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Ref #000000012197800)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your message.

At Wal-Mart, we strive to provide merchandise to meet consumer demand in a given community.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has made a business decision to remove firearms from approximately 1000 locations within the U.S. beginning March 6, 2006. This decision is based on diminished customer relevancy and demand within multiple markets.

As with all merchandise decisions that we make our decision to remove guns from Wal-Mart locations is simply based on the lack of customer demand for firearms in a given community. We will now be able to utilize our resources more effectively to provide customers with the merchandise that they wish to purchase -- and to discontinue merchandise that they show no interest in.

Thank you,

Customer Relations

--------------------------------------------------

They don't care, it's just business. Support your local FFL, will WalMart order you a STI frame when you want to build your next gun?

will WalMart order you a STI frame when you want to build your next gun?

Actually, the one here locally used to special order darn near anything if you talked to the right guy. That guy got sick of the WalMart BS and quit.

His new gun store opened here last Saturday. I drove by to stop in but his parking lot was jam packed and I didn't feel like walking in the downpour.

They don't care, it's just business. Support your local FFL, will WalMart order you a STI frame when you want to build your next gun?

No, but my gunsmith wont sell me 8 boxes of .40 when I'm out of state at a major match either.

The Wal-mart in Odessa has reloading supplies and dies.

Thats awesome, dude!

Actually K Mart bought out Sears.

I stand corrected.

"Eddie Lampert …… who oversaw Kmart's turnaround before engineering the $11.9 billion acquisition of Sears. … the Sears deal, which caught everyone by surprise when it was announced in November 2004." (From the Miami Herald)

It completely slipped by me. Of course that doesn't take much doing sometimes. :blink:

Thanks for straightening me out.

dj

/drift mode off