Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minimum Pull Weight In Production

RIIID

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like some people would prefer to just add a division for unmodified ? Wonder what it would take ? You know, only for pistols straight off the shelf.

Sure. Sounds like a great idea. Enforcement is the problem.

If the trend continues, someone is going to have to resurrect John M. Browning and make him chronoman.

Sounds like some people would prefer to just add a division for unmodified ? Wonder what it would take ? You know, only for pistols straight off the shelf.

People would game the unmodified division also just in a manner harder to detect. It's not easily enforcable IMHO.

One method of enforcing "stock" pistols is any winning competitors pistol can be purchased after a match by another competitor for a set amount of money or suggested list price plus $100-$200 or a similar formula. That way people don't spend a grand in hidden tweaks on a "stock" gun when anyone with some cash in his pocket can buy it. If the winner refuses to sell for the specified amount, then they don't stay the winner. It's not a perfect solution but would tend to keep out the high-dollar mods that seem objectionable to some in a "production" class.

People would game the unmodified division also just in a manner harder to detect. It's not easily enforcable IMHO.

One method of enforcing "stock" pistols is any winning competitors pistol can be purchased after a match by another competitor for a set amount of money or suggested list price plus $100-$200 or a similar formula. That way people don't spend a grand in hidden tweaks on a "stock" gun when anyone with some cash in his pocket can buy it. If the winner refuses to sell for the specified amount, then they don't stay the winner. It's not a perfect solution but would tend to keep out the high-dollar mods that seem objectionable to some in a "production" class.

An "unmodified stock" division will be a joke (unenforceable) at local matches. It will only matter at the bigger matches where someone will care enough to check the guns and/or enforce the rule.

Also, another division is just what we don't need.

An off the shelf gun with no mods lets see CZ Shadow, S&W 5" 5906........The gun companies have already started making off the shelf Production guns with all the bells and whistles. It's a no win situation.

Rich

Just leave it alone and play the game as it already is.

I know some of the Beretta or Sig guys might complain, but I have a 226ST that Bruce Gray did the trigger job on and holy sh&t, is it AWESOME!!!

The DA pull is about 6lbs, (silky smooth) and the SA is as good as any 1911 I have ever owned. No BS either. The SA is 2lbs, maximum and the reset is insane. The reset beats any 1911, STI or SVI Ive ever touched. Ask Smitty, he almost dropped a kidney when he felt the reset. If you think about it, it's reset. Im guessing here, but 1-2mm reset, max!

Awesome gun, now there is no way in the world that my Glock 34 with Ralph Sotelo trigger kit (at 2.75lbs, stacking and longer reset than factory) is better than my Sig 226ST that Bruce did. The Sig trigger job his hands down better, way better, but I dont shoot the gun as good as I do the Glock, so I stuck with the Glock.

If you're looking at just trigger pull weights, the Sig (after the first shot and how many of those are in a match) is way ahead of my Glock. Just leave it alone and dont fix what isn't broke.

Let's just shoot man!!!!