Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Poll On Glock Slides

Alan Meek

Caspian has a poll on their home page asking what 4 glock slides are you most likely to replace.

Looks like they are contemplating producing slides.

Alan

ps. I voted for 17, 22, 34, 35

Those are the same ones I voted for. I also called them about the following statement on their web site:'

"Slide Warranty: The choice of steel alloy, machining process and heat treatment has been carefully made to insure that these are the strongest most precisely machined slides on the planet. In spite of this effort, when used extensively in IPSC open competition they may still crack. The 180 power factor and light bullets creates a situation that greatly exceeds the original design parameters, pushing the envelope. Therefore our warranty on 9mm/38S slides is for 2 years from date of purchase."

I told them that Major was 165 not 180. Mr Caspian said he would look into it and change it if it was true.

Edited by TruStreet

17 for an open

24s and 35s for limited and limited 10

I also picked the 34, but I really wanted to pick a 20. The 34 is mostly used for production, and as I understand it, you couldn't change the slide for that. BUT... with the extra strength of no slide port etc, I bet Mad Scientist could turn it into an open (read somewhere where he said the 34 slides don't work well with a comp).

I think they would get a better response for the 20 though. All them big handed folk seem to like the larger frame.

I'm glad they are considering the Glock slides again. I guess they were tired of answering the emails on the availability of them. I voted for the 35 because that's all I have. I wouldn't mind having a Caspian 17 slide.

Joe,

A couple of reasons,

One, the OEM glock slide are difficult to machine because of the tenifer finish. So if you want to add sights such as the Bo-mar in a low mont it is harder to do on the OEM.

Another if you are building an Open gun and want lighten the slide same thing as far as machining

And there is always the smart a** answer, because we can if they are available.

I'm sure there are more reasons and others will chime in

Alan

When they sold them, the Caspian glock slides were $165 vs Glock's price of $265.

Just a head's-up, the caspians were not made to OEM spec in several areas. And, once they stopped production they sold some old inventory that should've never made it into inventory, should've been QC rejects.

Edited by eric nielsen

When they sold them, the Caspian glock slides were $165 vs Glock's price of $265.

Just a head's-up, the caspians were not made to OEM spec in several areas. And, once they stopped production they sold some old inventory that should've never made it into inventory, should've been QC rejects.

You are right about Caspian selling some slides that they should not have. I got a 24 slide from them that was out of spec in a few areas but thanks to the work of the "Mad Scientist" the gun now runs like a dream.