Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taurus News From Iwa Exhibition

cooper_999

Hey guys,

got interesting news from IWA show in Nuremberg (unfortunately, I wasn´t there, info is "second hand") - the info fits to Randy´s Taurus news from shot show.... :)

Taurus comes out with a new Revolver series called "Taurus pro shooter series" for sport shooters. First models will be a 7-rounds 9mm Revo with unportet 6" barrel, black target front sight on a Tracker basis and a 6-rounds 10mm Auto/40S&W Revo with also unportet 6" barrel with black target front sight on the M44 large frame basis.

things get going...... :D

DVC!

Sascha

Great news! I can't wait to get more info.

Already the 7 round 9mm and the 6 round 10mm sound like a great setup for both Steel and IPSC.

I'm particularly curious about the type of moonclips the 10mm uses. If it uses S&W 610 clips, it would be perfect :)

I've got a Taurus model 456 in .45acp. The standard thickness moonclips that shooters use in their Smith & Wessons etc are too thick for my Taurus. We have to use custom made ones which are 18'thou thinner.

I am thinking about having my cylinder machined so I can use the more popular ones. ( the custom made moon clips cost me $7.50 each!)

I've got a Taurus model 456 in .45acp. The standard thickness moonclips that shooters use in their Smith & Wessons etc are too thick for my Taurus. We have to use custom made ones which are 18'thou thinner.

I am thinking about having my cylinder machined so I can use the more popular ones. ( the custom made moon clips cost me $7.50 each!)

Guess there's no market for me there! Dave B)

The 8 shot 9mm will be set up to use Hearthco. moonclips :)

Oh crap !

The money we save on the gun will have to be spent on moonclips :D

AAAAALLLLLLLLRRRRIIIGGGHHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

:D:P:D

Dave, can you make some biodegradable/disposable moonclips perhaps out of beer cans?

Robo,

According to the CEO of Taurus USA, it'll take a couple of months for the plant to make the platform revo and get it to me. Then I need to chamber the gun and see what is most likely to fail under competition conditions.

I would figure on a year if all goes well.

Robo,

According to the CEO of Taurus USA, it'll take a couple of months for the plant to make the platform revo and get it to me. Then I need to chamber the gun and see what is most likely to fail under competition conditions.

I would figure on a year if all goes well.

and see what is most likely to fail under competition conditions.

The shooter?

I will volunteer to test either the six shot 40 or 45... For the cause of course. :rolleyes:

...and see what is most likely to fail under competition conditions.

I will volunteer to test either the six shot 40 or 45... For the cause of course. :rolleyes:

oh yes, I agreed also already to do the testing for the german gun magazine - but the editor told me, that they will do the tests by themself when they get the new Revos... :wacko::rolleyes:

Randy,

What's Taurus plan for the .45 competition revo? Five or 6 inch barrel?

It would be most convenient if I just have to get it out of the box and have it work on my 5" 625 rig with my 625 moons... Just a thought.

Guess there's no market for me there! Dave B)

Ummmmm Those clips are from you!!!!!