Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Round Pouches... Which Ones?

I just picked up a Benelli M1. The guns has a 7 round mag tube. First, should I swap this with an 8 rounder or just keep it as is? Next, what are the best round pouches to get for shooting tactical? I was told that I wouldn't be able to mount the rounds directly to the gun because they won't work on the Benelli's so what does everyone recommend? Is it all just trial and error and a matter of personal preference? Should I just buy a few different ones and see which work? Are the rounds better off on the forearm, chest, belt? I'll most likely buy my gear from www.3gungear.com.

Thanks,

Pete

I like the 9 round extention. Just load eight until after the beep.

I load four rounds at a time weak hand. Carry the shotgun shells in Progressive Machine and Tool carriers hanging on the belt. Have also used the ones you can purchase from Brownell's and they work well also.

Using the "Search" function will get you several hours of reading on these topics.

In my opinion reading posts on this forum is the next best thing to having an instructor beside you.

I don't use a side saddle on my Benelli, but I do have a 3 Gun Gear dual shell carrier mounted on the forearm and have never had my M1 not finction with 1 oz. loads (Wally World cheapos). It will not feed the 7/8ths oz. loads though. Hopefully others will chime in that have mucho more expereience shooting 3 gun matches than I do.

Old Blind Squirrel

• 1 month later...
Benny-

Do you recommend a certain one? Should I buy one from 3gungear.com?

Pete..

I have a 3gun gear carier originally from my 1100 on my M1S90 Field 21inch gun...I went to Home Depot and got a piece of Velcro..so far works well.... regards Les

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

www.progressivemachine.net

I see Brownells has started selling the 6 round Stripper.

Are there any plans for them to carry the 4 round Stripper?

According to the info on the Brownells web site, they say it will hold 6 rounds but when you add it to the cart it says 4 rounds. I sent them an email, ill post back when I find out.

SHOTGUNQUICK STRIPPER

www.progressivemachine.net

I see Brownells has started selling the 6 round Stripper.

Are there any plans for them to carry the 4 round Stripper?

According to the info on the Brownells web site, they say it will hold 6 rounds but when you add it to the cart it says 4 rounds. I sent them an email, ill post back when I find out.

SHOTGUNQUICK STRIPPER

I've got a brand new progressive 6 rounder I'm not using, pm me for a good deal on it.

SHOTGUNQUICK STRIPPER

Just heard back from Brownells.

The stock number for the 4 round holder is #100-002-563 and the 6 round holder is #100-002-564. Both are avail, but the 6 rounder is not yet up on the website.