Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midwest 3-gun Fn/dpms/midway/cmmg Updated Prize List

We still have slots open as of 17 April.

Current weapon prize list for shoot:

DPMS 5.56 Rifle

DPMS 5.56 Rifle

DPMS .308 Rifle

DPMS .308 Rifle

CMMG 5.56 Carbine

CMMG 5.56 Carbine

CMMG 5.56 Carbine

CMMG 5.56 Carbine

FN 5.7 USG Pistol

FN 5.7 USG Pistol

FN FNP Pistol

FN FNP Pistol

FN FNP Pistol

FN FNP Pistol

FN SPR

FN SPR

FN PBR Extreme

FN PBR Extreme

FN semi 12ga

FN semi 12ga

FN semi 12ga

FN semi 12ga

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Very friendly bunch of guys, nice places to stay around the areas, A VERY RICH PRICE TABLE, a really cool shooting video game to play while you waited on scores, but a terrible match director.

If the prize table is this good next year, and they learn from this years match (get an IPSC or 3gun experienced match director) I WILL BE SIGNING UP FOR NEXT YEAR.

Very friendly indeed especially considering the conditions they worked under with nary a peep of discontent that I heard. The weather (rain & wind) caused some delays with the start each morning, not their fault. The shooting bay footing in 6 of the 8 stages was 3 to 6 inches of muck that would shuck off your boots if not tied on well, could have been avoided with better choice of aggregate. The conditions were addressed from the start by taking out a lot of the paper and condensing the stages from those intended to the 8 we shot, very smart move! The only real complaint I have is with the length of time for the scores, pick a method, format, type you want to use inform the shooters up front that this is how its to be done and stick with it. This isn't the first match that has changed or thought about changing the type of scoring midstream and been bitten by that decision.

Despite the weather conditions this was a good match! Yes they had some 1st. match issues and I'm sure that they will be addressed before the next big match. I'd like to thank all those who put in the many hours of hard work before, during and after the match so I could show up shoot with my friends and go home with a VERY nice prize. Thank you also to the generous sponsors for their contribution to the magnificent prize table. Keith

I want to publicly thank all the shooters who attended this year. I mentioned to all I spoke with to PLEASE email the things we did right AND the things we did wrong. We want to do this again(and again) and we don't want to make any mistakes a second time.

We really had a ball in spite of the stresses brought on by mother nature. Thanks again to everyone for their patience and attendance.

John Overstreet

Heavy Metal, Eddie Rhoads

Tac. Iron, Bruce Piatt, Kurt Miller

Tac. Scope, Eric Miller

Open sorry I know but can't come up with it, Don Bednorst (sp?) was 2nd.

Thanks guys, we had a blast. I took a few pics of the mud and will post them tonight.

After one stage Zak came back with pants all wet in the crotch area, so I knew he had a good time! We all did have some fun and I hope to return minus the rain and the incredible sucking grey mud.

alan

They didn't show a HOA, but I believe it was Eric Miller who won Tactical Scoped

Here you go. Here are the results from the shoot.

CMMG Midwest 3-Gun

Championships

Sponsored by

DPMS / FNH-USA / Midway USA

April 29 – 30, 2006

TACTICAL IRON

Bruce Piatt

Kurt Miller

Zack Smith

Trapr Swanson

Alan Samuel

Bob McNulty

Kirk Remy

David Letsch

John Kadleck

Robert Steinbach

Jesse Wood

Mike Hughes

Jason Snell

Ben Kelly

Erik Krueger

Kerry Kroger

Ben Monroe

Robert Monroe

TACTICAL OPTICS

Erik Miller

Jeffrey Cramblit

Dave Neth

Benny Hill

Ben White

Keith Tolles

Malcome Davis

Rod Current

Ty Gentry

Randy Luth

Brandon Every

Albert Pilkington

Kurt Nelson

Brian Payne

Allan Porting

Harry Kaczmarek

Cheryl Current

Phillip Harader

Vicki Carlton

Mike Drossell

Garrett Vandiver

Curly Harrison

Don Martin

Van Pacey

Jerry Chapman

Dustin Emholtz

David Adair

Brad Boyd

Denise Johnson

Bob Riddle

Jeff Kline

Guy Smith

Justin Watermann

Josh Monroe

Amanda Brandkamp

Nathan Smith

HEAVY

Eddie Rhodes

Tate Moots

Jimmy Holdsworth

Robert Wright

Mell Kuhn

Darrell Humphrey

Ron Schehr

Robert Brandkamp

Charley Mohr

George Bolte

Robert Basso

OPEN

James Darst

Don Bendorz

Wayne Holloway

Larry Wood

Robert Johnson

JJ Johnson

Mark Otto

Deb Cheek

Randy Heffner

John Wedig

Scott Hendrick

Oops. Sorry, I had Denise in the wrong catagory. Fixed.

Edited by CMMG

This was a great match in spite of the weather. I will be back. I especially want to thank all the R.O.s who toughed it out for us shooters in the rain and mud. Under very triing conditions you guys kept your good humor and never belittled shooters or turned unproffesional and you were there to help the shooters. GREAT JOB GUYS!!! KURT MILLER

I have shot in rain,mud,cold and snow and all in the same day,but I can't remember mud that would jerk your boots off and the only thing on your mind is a carwash so you can wash off your boots so you can get to the shoestrings to pull them off.That said,I thought for a first time match in conditions that "HUMBLED" <_< even the seasoned 3gunners, they put on a damn good match despite the glitches.As for as their match director,he at least had the forethought Saturday morning to rearrange the stages to cut down on as much caos as possible and in the end did not have to throw out any stages!!!! If you think he was so bad call and volunteer for next year!!!!!!,this goes for RO's also. The prize table was as good as gets,everybody got sometning.I had a great time and hope they have it around the same time next year.With some good suggetions and a little help and little or no brow beating,I am sure it will become a match to return to. B)

CURLY

I came down from Minnesota to shoot this match. Being a very inexperienced competitive shooter, I really didn't know what to expect. Then the rain started and I really got worried.

I made the following observations from the shoot.

The CMMG crew and RO's were the best. Terrible conditions made for some challenges that were handled very well.

The crushed concrete surface will be perfect for next year. If it could have aged a couple of months, with a couple of rains on it all would have been great.

I had the pleasure of shooting on a great squad. No whining, complaining or bitching from anyone. The crew from Triangle Shooting Sports was a blast. I learned a lot from all shooters on the squad. I think all shooters on the squad even competed setting steel and pasting targets. No one sat back and let everyone else do the work.

Once you made the first step to get down to stages #1, #2, and #3, you were set for the rest of the day. You could not possibly get any wetter or muddier.

Bowling pins suck as targets. Never shot at them before, didn't know how hard they are to hit. I loved the long range steel. I didn't like the walk through the mud to reset them though. Flashers would have been nice.

At stage #8 (long range steel), the RO's were having too much fun. One was giving out the rebel war whoop and the other was running the Polaris ATV at top speed back and forth setting targets. Looked like fun.

I thought the RO on the shotgun stage was just joking when he said anyone shooting one of his hay bales would be given a penalty. Guess he wasn't :D

Price of fuel to drive down for the match - $

Entrance to the match - $

The chance to shoot with some of the best competition shooters in the world and learn some of knowledge they possess, then top it off with a prize table that was awesome. I have to say - Truely priceless.

John, Jeff, Mike, and Ken, thanks for a great match and a great time. I will be back next year.

Brian Payne

Edited by Sgt

Eric YOU THE MAN

You spanked us all.

The match was wet, muddy, sticky, sloppy and if you didn't like falling in the mud, hard to do well in those conditions.

What a blast!!!

For a first time match it is hard to comment on the stages to much because the conditions interupted the flow of things. Some small details can be pointed out and I will try to email CMMG directly.

However, for this thread I would like to take my hat off to the staff for such a possitive attitude for the entire match. Not only did work their asses off, they were up beat at all times. I have never heard of anyone asking people to criticize or critique the match with so much enthusiasm. WOW what a great attitude.

Did I mentiion they had a great attitude at the match.

They didn't say a word when I trenched half the yard at the shop. Then they even pulled me out of the mud.

I expect this match to grow very quickly and I will be back.

Thank you so much for your hospitality and generosity and for a great match.

Ty Gentry

Edited by baronee

I just finished my 12hour drive from the match, (i slept overnight at kmiller's). the match was great, for a first time match it was top notch.

weather must be dealt with by the shooters, not the match crew. i think the decision to remove most of the paper was a correct one. i also think that being more familiar with established rules would improve the overall course setup. bowling pins for targets, while interesting, do not measure shooting ability when the shooter is blowing thru them and they don't fall. some shooters were complaining of this?

knowing what it means to calibrate and set steel properly is important (i know "let it go" trapr)

all in all i think it was a very good showing for a first attempt. if i could sign up now for next year i'd do it.

the heckling and ribbing amongst competitors, falling down in the mud, dropping mags in the mud, watching a team match competitor drop his mag from his gun, seeing adrenaline get the best of zach (team match), seeing eric win his first biggie,was all priceless!!!!!!!!!!

see you guys down the road..........TRAPR

This was my first time shooting competitively and I didn't really know what to expect but it was a great time in spite of my shotgun malfunctioning (forearm split on Browning) and the weather. Heck it was kinda fun trying to hit those plates out at 200 yards while squinting into the rain and wind. Long range rifle was our first stage Saturday.

I just wanted to say thanks to CMMG again, and to thank some of the great shooters I met that gave me pointers thoughout the day.

Justin Watermann

post-8077-1146580272_thumb.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone at CMMG, the R.O.s and all the competitors, it was a great time. This was my first 3-Gun, and I will definitely be hitting all I can from here on out. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Here are some pics:

This guy needs no introduction (That's Bruce Piatt there next to him)

HPIM0801.jpg

Team Match

HPIM0798.jpg

Soup anyone?

HPIM0781.jpg

Shoot which one first?

HPIM0776.jpg

The MidwayUSA Team

HPIM0779.jpg

Bob McNulty

Edited by LeatherneckOIF2

Congrats to all the winners but especially Erik, the only left-handed shooter that I know (who shoots left handed) to win a major 3 gun match!

Sorry I missed it. Maybe next year.