Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Royce Gracie Back On Octagon

I heard the rumore but didn't believeit. Its crazy! Royce vs. Matt. Are you kidding me? It's the biggest fight of the recent history or what? (on 5/27). Staple Ccenter is the venue. Gosh. Hope like, Rocye didn't get his ass kicked... what you guys think?

BUT BUT BUT!! what I can not miss is actually Forrest vs Tito on 4/15!!! Two of my favorite fighter.. :wub::wub: Oh no! what am I gonna do? My heart will be shattered either way. :( Tito is the cuter one but Forrest is nicer guy. So....... as far as Forrest didn't mess up Tito's cute face, I will go with Forrest. :wub:

On same day, Andrei vs Tim too. Geesh. maybe I am gonna order DirecTV. Hey, anyone in Phoenix area want to host UFC watching party??? I can bring lots of sushi!! I promise!

The recent UFC with Benny the Jet and GSP was great......GSP looked pretty fupped up to have won it.

Royce is a legend and could get lucky with his lankyness.

Tito's a journeyman fighter and will never climb to the top ever again. I like Forrest gump too but maybe too soon for him this fight.

We have UFC parties at my house up here, I provide food and and beer and everyone pitches in on the cost.

Sandoz- GSP didn't fight Benny the Jet. The Jet stopped fighting over a decade ago. He fought BJ Penn. As for the Gracie vs. Hughes fight that will be interesting. Gracie is a legend and thanks to the Gracie family they have changed the Martial Arts forever. However, back when Royce was the man noone knew Jui Jitsu and now it is part of all MMA training. I'm sure the Gracies have changed things around but if Royce isn't more well rounded, meaning having better stand up, it will be difficult for him to take Hughes to the ground. However, if Gracie is on top his submission skills could possibly give him an edge. I just hope Matt doesn't go into the fight with too much respect for Gracie and not fight as hard as he might. I highly doubt that would happen though esp. with Matt.

ISo....... as far as Forrest didn't mess up Tito's cute face, I will go with Forrest. :wub:

On same day, Andrei vs Tim too. Geesh. maybe I am gonna order DirecTV. Hey, anyone in Phoenix area want to host UFC watching party??? I can bring lots of sushi!! I promise!

I see no one is worried about Forrest getting his face messed up.... :D

I want to see GSP v Hughes!!!!

Nolan

Tito should win that one without much trouble. Course, that is why they fight the fight---to find out :D

The rules do not favor Royce. I don't think he can take Hughes down, and can't strike well enough to not be taken down...just hope the ref lets them fight on the ground rather than stand them up at first lull. I hope Royce wins but I wouldn't put my cash on it.

Arlovski might just eat ol' Tim. I would bet that fight no matter the odds.

Sandoz- GSP didn't fight Benny the Jet. The Jet stopped fighting over a decade ago. He fought BJ Penn.

I know hes the prodigy and the Real "Jet" is Urquidez. But I cant help it with his intitials and it sounds cool. B)

The only reason I give Royce a chance is that Matts last three or four wins have come by submission, and hes fighting the artist.

REmember the old guy? Randy coutour???

Wrestler heavyweight champion multiple times? He was old and still won against the best.

But i think Royce is a plain submissions man and would have problems vs mat.

Tito just has to train the way he trained before and be a champion again.

Lastly ill put my money on Superman vs all of them combined :)

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!

Tito will never be champion again because he is no match against Liddell. When Tito was champion he avoided Chuck like the plague. They use to train together and Tito could never take Chuck down. You'll see more of Tito but he'll never wear the belt again.

Pete

Tito simply doesn't have it and never will again. He doesn't have near the motivation of guys like Forrest, Chuck, Rich, or Matt etc. etc. They constanly show how much they are outworking the competition long before ever hitting the octagon. All you see with Tito is him chasing the girlies and posing for the cameras. The competition ran past him while he was playing around and now he is just too far behind. Maybe he should start hangin with BODE :D

REmember the old guy? Randy coutour???

Wrestler heavyweight champion multiple times? He was old and still won against the best.

But i think Royce is a plain submissions man and would have problems vs mat.

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!

Sure. Randy's getting on in age but you said it yourself; Gracie is somewhat one dimensional. Randy is much more well-rounded with stand up, etc.

remember 98 percent of all these fights end up on the ground and it's the submission holds that win.......Gracie is a master at working on them joints!!!!

Hughes is no slouch on the mat either.

For a while a lot of fights were ending up on the ground, but in the last few years I would say the teeter totter has leveled out. There are just too many guys who can hurt you everywhere to be a one dimensional fighter anymore.

Gracie has his work cut out for him. I look at it as a draw if it winds up on the ground, both of these guys can rule the floor. I would have to guess Matt has a much better stand up game.

Should be good.

Ok guys, I started to feel like big-sis in need to protect retard little brother! No Tito bashing!! ok?? ;):D

Yeah, when Gracie started this whole MMA thing, BJJ was so new. So like, no one knew how to go against. But nowadays everybody trains with BJJ. And, No-gi BJJ has only limitted number of take-downs avialable. Royce needs to take Matt down BEFORE he get knocked down.. dunno...

I mean, unlike other sprots, boxing, BJJ, and Muy Thai and those real contact combat sprots need unbelievable amount of determination. I sooooo respect guys who are doing them!! How uncomfortable when I got pinned even while practicing is.. you have to experience it to know. It really really hurts. I always needed to psyche-up to pump a lot of adrenaline, that itself was so tiring afterwards ;) Hope Royce can amp himself up for it, after looooooong absense. Really.

And old-man Randy is exception. I think that comentator guy said once Randy was doing all alkali diet or something. I can not believe he just doesn't gas out. I bet Randy and Lance Armstrong are ETs.

Something to look forward :D

Cool, glad to see this thread on here! I've been a BJJ student at a Gracie underling school for about a year and a half, and a UFC fan forever. I am pulling for Royce though I don't expect him to win. Hughes is not Mr. Standup either, but his takedowns are wicked. I expect a ground fight from the word go. Royce will probably not be on top in the whole fight. His only chance is to make guard and submit from the bottom...which is doable. Hughes biggest weakness is that he gives up his back (BJ Penn and Frank Trigg). If Royce manages to take Hughes' back, he is much tougher to deal with than Trigg. Probably an interesting parallel for this fight is Hughes v/s Verissimo. Verissimo is very similar to Royce in style, and had Hughes caught in a wicked triangle. Hughes got out only through shear power and luck and went on to win with a ground and pound.

As for Tito, I hope his pretty face becomes a lot uglier!!

Arlovski is the baddest dude fighting today!!! No way that Sylvia stands a chance. It is a shame there aren't more heavyweights in the same class as Arlovski.

Mark Dye

I think the best heavyweight fighter out there is FEDOR EMELIANENKO.

I taught isshinryu for years but would not know what to do on the ground....would have to rely on rather dated college wrestling...... :o

No Tito bashing??? :( Royce won't have to get Matt down, Matt will do all the work for him and from what I remember Royce is a master on his back. Then again I'm usually rooting for the old man. :D

Matt looked out when he fell in the Newton fight.

Edited by walangkatapat

Thing about him is he looks like alcholic bus driver... and still wins! Amazing! And totally, Andrei is so scary. So spooky too. I don't want to say I am a fan but I am so convinced he is really really good. So good some fights are so boring!

I have to agree with Sandoz. Fedor is an absolute animal, I highly doubt there is anyone out there that can beat him right now.

Sylvia will get mauled by Arlovski. The only question is will he last longer than the previous fight. Sylvia has increased his skills some, but he didn't have a heck of a lot of skill to begin with, just size. Arlovski is an animal, and I don't see anyone beating him anytime soon.

Matt can screw himself up by underestimating Royce. Don't know that he's prone to that sort of thing, but I think that is Royce's only hope. This fight could be very interesting though. Matt has shown he's beatable, and a single mistake with Royce could be his last. In my heart I think Matt will end it quick with a giant slam and then ground and pound Royce's face to pieces.

I'm not counting Forrest out though. I think Franklin woke him up to what a real fight with an freaking animal is all about. Might have resulted in Forrest jumping up a level. I'm not a fan of either one, but there's no way I can pull for Tito.

Lots of great fights coming up this year.