Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 3-5

In response to numerous emails and call, slots are still available as of 10/02/06.

While the ROs and vendors will shoot the match in one day on Friday, Everyone else will be shooting the match across two days (6 stages on Sat and 3 on Sun).

Come join us.

Mark Hearn

Edited by mhearn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to numerous emails and call, slots are still available as of 10/02/06.

While the ROs and vendors will shoot the match in one day on Friday, Everyone else will be shooting the match across two days (6 stages on Sat and 3 on Sun).

Come join us.

Mark Hearn

App mailed today. Thanks Mark.

Cy

Rich

Glad to have you.

O.K. I know this is a thread drift, but GOOOO HOOOGGGSSS. 27-10. I think they beat the 17 point line, the other way. Sweet.

MHearn

Arkansas 27; Auburn 10? I had to read that score twice. I guess all that's left to ask is......

HOW 'BOUT THEM TROJANS!

(barely hangin' on for a second straight week <_< )

• 2 weeks later...
I just looked through the sponser page - wow! You guys have done a great job. Thanks.

Cy

One of the cool parts of ordering up that stuff and having it shipped to the house is checking it all out to find things that you can't live without.

Personally, I could use one of each of these things. In particular, I enjoyed checking out the twenty different Columbia River Knife styles that I ordered. The Blackhawk pile was a blast to go through. They were very generous. Paul's stuff is top shelf. I'm going to need one of his stocks for my AR. Sabre's ARs come in this week. Very Nice. Its a nice stash. Bummer that its all going to be given away. But, I did figure out a heck of a Christmas list.

We were very lucky with the sponsors. Special thanks to Nic Sterling and Doug Hall. I met some folks that are really supporting the sport. We need to support them in return. I know I will be.

Mark Hearn

Match Director

Edited by mhearn

Mark, I am new to all this and probably missed it somewhere but what is the scoring system? Please explain it to me. I just looked at the Benning match system and don't fully understand how best to shoot it either. Anyway, no chance of me getting the xd but thanks for pushing the heavy metal.

Ryan

Mark, I am new to all this and probably missed it somewhere but what is the scoring system? Please explain it to me. I just looked at the Benning match system and don't fully understand how best to shoot it either. Anyway, no chance of me getting the xd but thanks for pushing the heavy metal.

Ryan

The Area 6 3-Gun is a USPSA match, following USPSA multi-gun rules. Those rules are posted on the USPSA website.

The Ft. Benning match is not a USPSA affiliated match and will operate under a variation of International Multi-Gun (IMG) rules.

Both reward quick & accurate shooting. :)

The Area 6 is first. Get through that one & then PM me on the forum & I'll fill you in on the differences at Ft. Benning. Trying to compare them now could be confusing.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

What Linda said.

To review the USPSA rules, check out their website.USPSA Web Site

Basically, Pts / time. We will be shooting paper, steel and clays. The paper targets are unique in that unlike the others they have scoring zones. We also have power factors which impact scoring. You really should check out the USPSA site and the section on "What is USPSA" which is the first link on the left.

Mark Hearn

It looks like I won't be in Australia for the World Action Champ, so I'm trying to make it to this match.

Is anyone going to this match from MD/VA...or passing through this area? I REALLY would rather not drive down by myself and I could split gas costs.

Phil

Phil,

I'm driving down on Thursday and coming back on whenever. I'm shooting the match on Friday and will be RO'ing after that. I'm in North Carolina, right near I-95 (Fort Bragg). So, if it's on your way, I'm only like 400-ish miles from the range.

Rich

Ryan

The Area 6 3-Gun is a USPSA match, following USPSA multi-gun rules. Those rules are posted on the USPSA website.

No, actually the Area 6 is being scored as a traditional 3-gun tournament, that is, 3 separate matches (rifle, pistol, and shotgun), with tournament winners determined by the aggregate results. For a past example, please see http://uspsa-area6.org/2005a63gun.html. Thanks.

Edited by wgnoyes

Thanks that helps to see the final results broken down. Us new guys are kinda slow. Look for me in HM class w/the punisher grips. I owe you a drink

Edited by sono

One week from tomorrow and there will be rounds down range in Anniston!!!!! :)

Looking forward to it again this year, if it is as good as last it will be a blast.

M1a cleaned and ready, Kimber .45 cleaned and ready, 870 superauto good to go.

All I need now is someone who knows how to make them go. ;)

See the rest of you HM guys there........oh and you other guys who shoot that whimpy stuff!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOPALONG

Pistol: Gets here in 7 hours via FedEx. Gotta get some ammo though. :lol:<_<

Shotgun: Done. Need to mount a dot (maybe...we're only shooting birdshot after all).

Rifle: Done. Need to mount a dot to it.

Ammo: Need pistol and rifle.

Belt & Holsters: Need mag pouches for the rifle.

Magazines: Need Tec-Loaders.

Other than that, got my leave approved and I'll be there early on Thursday to check in with the RO staff and sending rounds down range on Friday.

Rich

Who Hoo !!!!!

There is a fifth Sunday this month........................

3-gun match in Memphis on the 5th Sundays!!!!!! :D:D:D

So I will know just how bad I really am...............Before the A-6 match! ;)

But a little tune-up never hurt anything either. B)

See ya'll next week...........Rich, Sorry about your guys.......Oregon just barely held on.

SAM

Folks. The stage's are built. Things are looking good. The match booklet is up on the site.

Shooting Schedule:

Friday, (ROs & Vendors) Shooter's Meeting 8:00, Burn Powder at 8:30

Saturday, (Regular Competitors) Shooter's Meeting 8:00, Burn Powder at 8:50

Sunday, (Regular Competitors) Burn Powder at 8:50

Weather forecast is perfect (from the Weather Channel):

Fri

Nov 3

Sunny

67°/40° 10%

Sat

Nov 4

Sunny

64°/38° 10%

Sun

Nov 5

Mostly Sunny

65°/41° 10%

We still have a few slots remaining. If anybody is interested, just let me know. Come join us.

Mark Hearn

Match Director

Edited by mhearn

Woohoo! I get to sleep in 'til 8am! Not really. I'll be doing pre-deployment PT.

Mark and crew are doing a great job (and I can see that from North Carolina). Hope folks come on out. Look for the tall, fat kid working as a RO on one of the stages. It'll be nice to see my BE.com family from the south finally.

Hopalong...The Trojans were due for a loss. The next couple of weeks are going to be ugly. I went into this year predicting 3-4 losses.

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Well..............................

got back from the Memphis 3-gun Tune up match about 2 hrs ago...............

Rifle did not let me down........Hit everything I aimed at.........Brown targets, white targets, the berm.......YOU know. <_<

870 Superauto needs the gas ports drilled out just a little bigger, It just doesn't want to cyle like the 11-87! :(

Kimber.45 was in cahoots with the rifle. :angry::angry: and someone kept unloading the mags.........I thought All autos had 18+ round magazines like my Limited gun!!! :blink::huh::wacko:

Oh well, I have 5 days to deliberate on it.

See ya there.

SAM

Edit for spelling <_<

Edited by hopalong