• Third Place Silver $100

• First Place Bronze $300

• Second Place Bronze $200

• Third Place Bronze $100

Weapon Prizes:

• Bushmaster M-4 carbine

• Glock 17 pistol

• Other prizes for various categories

Eight challenging stages are being designed and built by some of the best minds in

practical 3 gun shooting today! Match held on over 400 acres. Plenty of parking.

Tractor pulled trailers to haul you and your gear. Everyone shoots USPSA Tactical.

• Rifle Stage out to 300+ yards.
  • M240 Machine gun mounted on Humvee Stage
  • Sniper Stage
  • Old time “Rock and Roll” Thompson Sub-machine Stage
  • Multi-gun Stages
  • Moving Vehicle Stage
  • Dueling Pistols Stage

Lots of steel targets for quick scoring. Round counts will be posted when available.

Limited to the first 100 registered shooters. Lewis Scoring System. Special class and awards for law enforcement and active military. $150 entry fee. Squad requests honored (if possible). This will be one of the best matches that you will ever go to!

Match Directors:

Bill Roth (704) 281-0187 bill@ossamerica.com

Rick Porter (910) 684-6018 porter.lt@gmail.com

Lt. Cameron Speights, Match Administrator (980) 581-0126 cpeights@co.stanly.nc.us

Match begins Saturday 22 April at 08:00 until dark.

Sunday 23 April 08:00 wrap up around noon then award prizes!

Lunch will be available on Saturday at the range.

Link to Map Quest for Abemarle Range

Hotels:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

500 Leonard Ave.

Albemarle, NC 28001

(704) 986-2100 Front Desk

(800) 315-2621

Hampton Inn Albemarle NC.

2300 US Highway 52N

Albemarle, NC 28001

(704) 985-1111 Front Desk

(800) 426-7866

Sponsors:

Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.

Ohio Ordnance Works

Glock

SRT Supply

PACA Body Armor

Operational Support Services, Inc.

Sheriff Tony Frick, Stanly County, NC

Mr. Tony Dennis, Albemarle, NC

SoutherRegional_3Gun_Challenge.doc

Edited by tmedlock

• 4 weeks later...

will we have any confirmation by email or mail that we are in the match? match is only 4 weeks away. would also like to know if the match is full? have some friends asking about the match this weekend.

thanks

r cash

Already signed up, sent in ap and looking forward to it.

However, I heard some rumor and scuttlebutt about last years match. Based on these rumors should I bring a wet suit? Swimming trunks? Hip waders?

Just trying to be somewhat prepared.

Here is some info I got earlier this week. Best thing for me is this match is less than 30 miles from my house. Really looking forward to it. Going to get to shoot with buddies that I don't see very often

You don't need a bolt gun. The targets are large enough for you to hit with a dot scope. This is not a sniper match. It is a tactical 3-gun. Tactical rifle wih optic. Shotgun 8+1, no speed loaders, or optics. Pistol iron sights only. Round count is some where around 100 Bird shot, 12 slugs, 150 pistol, and 120 rifle. I am still fine tuning the stages but this is close. My shot gun targets can't be shot with pistol and my pistol targets cant be shot with rifle. So the answer to your question would be no to going to pistol with a malfunction. Squadding request are handled by Lt. Cameron who you sent your registration into. Rules will be published on the web site. They are about the same as the last F.O.P match. I am in Little Rock AR this running the stages for World Swat. I will be bringing some steel back that was designed for swat that is new and very challenging. When I say challenging I don't mean running a marathon

Just come out and have a good time.

Southern 3-Gun Challenge

Match Rules

The Southern 3-Gun Challenge will be run on a COLD RANGE

COLD RANGE (definition): Participants firearms will remain unloaded at the match site except under the direction of a match official. Unloaded firearms may be handled and/or displayed in designates safe areas. No ammunition may be handled in any safe area.

Rifles& Shotguns must be cased or carried slung with muzzle up actions open and detachable magazines removed.

Handguns must be cased or remain in holster, magazine removed and hammer/strike down.

No participants or spectators shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs at the match site. Any participant found to be impaired and deemed unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs may be directed to stop shooting and requested to leave the range.

Ear and Eye protection is mandatory for participants, spectators & range personnel while on or near the stage of fire.

Safety will not be compromised. Anyone witnessing what they believe to be an unsafe act, please advise the R.O./S.O. immediately. The R.O./S.O will declare “CEASE FIRE” and access the situation. After all is clear, the shooter will be allowed to re-shoot the stage as long as he/she was not found to at fault for the cease fire.

Disqualifications

Match Disqualifications will result in complete disqualifications from the match and the shooter will not be allowed to continue with the match. Shooter will not be eligible for prizes. Final decision will be with the match director/range master.

Match Disqualification for Negligent Discharge.

“Negligent Discharge” is defined as the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe manner or unintentionally in which a projectile (bullet) strikes the ground with in 3 meters of the competitor or range officer, or outside the confides of the back stop.

A participant shall be disqualified from the match for dropping a firearm, loaded or unloaded, or dropping a firearm while in the loading/unloading process.

A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her firearm to break the 180-degree Safety Plane (except while holstered, drawing or re-holstering.)

A participant shall be disqualified for abandoning a loaded firearm with the safety off moving down range. The slide or bolt can be left open with the safety off.

A participant shall be disqualified for the use of unauthorized ammunition. (See ammo section)

All disqualifications and re-shoots will be issued by the Match Director/ Range Master.

Sportsmanship and Conduct

Participants and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous, sportsman-like manner at all times. Disputes will be handled promptly and fairly by the Match Director/Range Master.

Clothing with any offensive or obscene logos, sayings, pictures or drawings will not be worn or displayed while at the match site/range.

Ammunition:

No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing or steel jacketed ammunition will be allowed. (Match DQ.)

Pistol/Revolver ammunition shall be 9x19 or larger.

Rifle ammunition shall be .223 Remington (5.56) or larger.

Shotgun Ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger, LEAD SHOT & SLUGS ONLY.

No buckshot or steel shot ammo allowed.

The use of unauthorized ammo will incur a Match Disqualification.

Firearms:

All firearms used by competitors shall be serviceable and safe.

If a competitor’s firearm becomes unserviceable during the competition, that competitor may replace his/her firearm with another of the same model, caliber and sighting system approved by the Match Director/Range Master.

For purposes of this ruling, a “firearm” consists of a specific caliber, receiver, barrel, and stock and sighting system combination. The same firearm system for each gun shall be used during the entire match.

Competitors will not reconfigure any firearm during the course of a match. (I.e. change caliber, barrel length, shotgun tube length, sighting system or stock.)

Designated weapons will be used on designated targets only. (i.e. If your shotgun breaks you can’t shoot the clays with pistol or rifle and you cant shoot pistol steel with rifle).

Firearms Classifications :

Rifle-Tactical Class

Firearms must be factory configuration.

No more than one optic. Muzzle breaks may not exceed 1 inch in diameter or 3 inches in length.

Internal modifications are allowed as long as they do not alter the original factory configuration of the rifle.

Bi-Pods are allowed. Magazines used shall not exceed 40 rounds.

Handgun Tactical Class

Only one handgun is allowed on your person.

Firearms must be of a factor configuration. Detachable shoulder stocks are prohibited.

Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sight, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed.

Internal modifications are allowed as long as they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

Magazines shall not exceed 170 mm OAL (overall length) Single stacks shall not exceed 140 mm OAL (overall length).

Shotgun Tactical Class

Shotguns must be of a factor configuration

Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the match. Chokes can be changes.

No electronic or optical sights.

No compensators or porting on barrels.

Tactical shotguns may hold 9 rounds max. Eight in the magazine tube and one in the chamber. (8+1)

No shotgun speed loaders or magazine fed shotguns.

Holsters and Equipment

No open face race holsters are allowed. Holsters must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement.

The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols. Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder.

The belt upon which the holster and magazine /speed loader pouches are attached must be worn at waste level.

Shoulder holsters and cross draw holsters are not allowed.

Participants may not remove any equipment such as holsters, handguns, magazine pouches, or any loading device to provide better mobility, unless directed to do so by the R.O/S.O. during a course of fire.

Slings are optional.

Scoring:

Score sheets will be provided at each stage. It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure their score is recorded correctly before they sign the score card. A copy of the score card will be given to the competitor after he has signed the score card.

If a competitor detects an error in the provisional stage results at the end of the match, they must file a protest with the officiating Stats Officer not later than one hour (1) after the results are posted. If the protest is not filed within the time limit, the posted scores will stand and the protest dismissed.

Scoring per stage will be straight time plus penalties. Maximum time to shoot a stage is 180 seconds.

Paper targets used in this match are FBT/QIT (white face) and USPSA/IPSC. Paper targets require two hits to the A Zone to score.

Designated “No shoot” targets shot will incur a penalty for each hit.

Steel targets must fall to score. All pistol steel is calibrated to 9x19 mm and .223 for rifle.

Swinging style rifle targets must be struck solid enough to cause the hidden “flash card” to be visible to the R.O.

R.O. may call hits.

Frangible targets must break to score. (One BB hole is a break)

Failure to do right or follow a stage description as written will result in a 60 second penalty.

Stage not fired (SNF/DNF) will result in 300 seconds, per stage not fired.

Appeals:

Decisions are made initially by the Range Officer. If the complainant disagrees with the decision, the Chief Range Officer for the stage or area in question should be summoned and asked to rule. If disagreement still exists, the Range Master must be summoned and asked to rule and his decision is final.

Paper targets used in this match are FBT/QIT (white face) and USPSA/IPSC. Paper targets require two hits to the A Zone to score.

-What is defined as a score? Would the lack of two A hits be considered a missed target and if so, what is the penalty for that?

Designated “No shoot” targets shot will incur a penalty for each hit.

-What is the value of this penalty?

Failure to do right or follow a stage description as written will result in a 60 second penalty.

-WOW...that's a stiff penalty!!

I understand if you don't have answers to these questions, but it would be good info to have before the match. Can anyone provide some input?

Edited by Unleashed

• 2 weeks later...

Well match is over and all is well, that has been the first truely NC style tactical match I have had the pleasure to shoot since Kyle's last one, and this one had some unique challenges I have not done before, Loved it. Other than the uncontrolable weather forcing the removal of a couple stages I would have liked to shoot it was great. thanks to all who participated in making it happen, Rick, Cameron, Bill, etc etc. Had a great squad ranging from brand new 1st timers to some folks I have been shooting 3 gun in NC with since late 80's, good to see you all and look forward to seeing you again.

Anyone know if the scores are posted out here on the web anywhere?

See ya'll in MO

Well match is over and all is well, that has been the first truely NC style tactical match I have had the pleasure to shoot since Kyle's last one, and this one had some unique challenges I have not done before, Loved it. Other than the uncontrolable weather forcing the removal of a couple stages I would have liked to shoot it was great. thanks to all who participated in making it happen, Rick, Cameron, Bill, etc etc. Had a great squad ranging from brand new 1st timers to some folks I have been shooting 3 gun in NC with since late 80's, good to see you all and look forward to seeing you again.

Anyone know if the scores are posted out here on the web anywhere?

See ya'll in MO

Bill Roth, in reply to my email today, said they were "working on it".

Good Tactical 3-gun match, beautiful range, good people. Loved every minute of it. Even standing out in the woods getting downpoured on with nowhere to hide. Most of us city-boys just love the outdoors and being out in the woods any chance we get.

How often does a 3-gunner get to shoot an RPK (or whatever it was) belt fed off a Hum-Vee to start a stage, or a Thompson subgun, or rifle shots off a rooftop out to 450 yards or a shotgun out of a swinging port about 6 inches off the deck? Not often, so thanks for the opportunity.

Thanks to the hardworking staff and RO's on every stage for putting all this together. Hope ya'll do it again cause I'll be there.

Excellent BBQ and lunch on both days by the way, and on the house to boot.

great match--bad weather--but a great match.this was my first ever really tactical 3 gun match. i had to drag out the limited guns[shotgun and pistoll] found out they were still fun to shoot. uspsa 3 gun is fun but i thing this was the most fun 3 gun match i have ever shot. i hope you have this match again because i would like to come back an do this again. i will practic with the long range rifle next time, it ate my lunch. cong to all the winners.

roger cash :)