Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rental Cars

blackdragon

Here we go in my latest rant!!!!!

Driving home from work ( 50 plus miles) I come up on this sweet brandy new Viper! 45 MPH!!!! on a 65 mph road! :o, Home boy is chatting it up with his significant other. There is 6 cars behind me. No passing lane. He speeds up for 100 yds or so, I think "great" he is going to "Drive this car", Nope he slows down everytime a car passes in the on coming lane! :angry: .

45 MPH again. I get on his a$# and low and behold! ;) " Dream Car Rentals" on his license plate! If you are going to spend that much $$$$ on that car, Drive the damn thing!!!! It's like shooting an open gun, Alpha delta!!!! :angry:

Ivan

Darn near every "fast" car I see is in my rearview mirror. Matter-of-fact, I can't recall ever being passed by anything "fast". Guess after they buy the car they can't afford the insurance, especially if they get a ticket.

Got stuck behind a Vette once doing 20 in a 35. In a poorly thought out fit of irritation I passed him doing 80 across double yellow lines. Oddly enough, the cop who pulled me over let me off with a warning.

Darn near every "fast" car I see is in my rearview mirror. Matter-of-fact, I can't recall ever being passed by anything "fast". Guess after they buy the car they can't afford the insurance, especially if they get a ticket.

I often think the boys with the pretty, fast toys know they're ticket magnets, so they're afraid to drive with a purpose.

p.s. if you're not going 10 over the speed limit, get the h&)) out of the left lane!!!

Friend of mine is a body shop owner. He makes a lot of money from those "dream car rentals".

Last year I was over there and they pulled a dodge magnum out of the 2nd floor of a building.

Guess the slow drivers aren't the one who pay the extra money per day for insurance :)

Ted

I bought a SS Camaro a few years ago and spent a fortune setting it up with a supercharged 383 that was tweaked beyond belief. The complete package (engine/suspension) was ungodly expensive, yet still cheaper than a Vette. Loved that car :wub:

At any rate, I was constantly being told it would be a ticket magnet. I never got anything besides a warning ticket in it, but I was rarely pulled over. Love that radar detector :D

Now if you saw me behind you, you knew it was time to move the hell over. Finally got rid of it when my daughter was little, as I couldn't hear what she was saying because the car was so loud. Also it was getting ungodly frustrating driving a 200 MPH car in today's traffic.

Least I be accused of being one of THEM...I just finished putting a 502 into my old Vette...blew the engine in it and saw no point in going small again....if you call 427 small...lol...haven't dyno'ed it yet, but supposed to do 650 hp, hope it will do 500 hp at the wheels...should be fun... :lol:

Least I be accused of being one of THEM...I just finished putting a 502 into my old Vette...blew the engine in it and saw no point in going small again....if you call 427 small...lol...haven't dyno'ed it yet, but supposed to do 650 hp, hope it will do 500 hp at the wheels...should be fun... :lol:

/threaddrift on

Did you put it in or did you go to a hot rod shop?

/threaddrift off

Then I am just a baby...it is less than a year old...did the Hilborn FI and it is a real HOSS....Not going to street race it like I did last time...just a cruising queen with some real giddy up if I want it... :P

It's like I keep telling the spousal unit in the GT 'Stang after utterly immature - but utterly necessary - smoky burnouts...and otherwise energetic motoring about the twistier bits around my home...

"I'll never be young again, honey, but I CAN be immature..." :P