Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meopta 1-4x - Any Updates?

chp5

Since I shoot a TA-11 and do not have any problem at any range,I am of the opinion that if some of us would spend as much time shooting what we have versus what is out there that will not REQUIRE any practice and guarantee top honors, we would become profeciant with our equipment under any circumstance,Since I have been doing this PRACTICE thing under the watchfull EYESSSS!!!!! of Kurtm and the valuble information gathered from shooting matches with him,Bronco,BBD,Kelly Neils and Benny to name a few of the SANE/INSANE people in the room of DRINKIN FOOLS. I have learned that I do pretty well with what I have. Just remember if everybody liked what KURTM liked everybody would want tripplets!!!!!!!!!! And I am just not into that HELL!!!!!!!!!!! <_< As for the mutant part I am afraid Bronco called that dead on

curly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armalite 30mm mount as far forward as possible. I had to cut an extra notch in the front of my flat top and notch the bottom of the mount to clear the front of the handguard. This sounds like a lot, but it only took about 10 minutes with a hacksaw and a black majic marker to make it "pretty" after the notching was done. That upper will be at SMM3G being run by a pommy Brit. So if anyone wants to see it just ask! KURTM

Armalite 30mm mount as far forward as possible. I had to cut an extra notch in the front of my flat top and notch the bottom of the mount to clear the front of the handguard. This sounds like a lot, but it only took about 10 minutes with a hacksaw and a black majic marker to make it "pretty" after the notching was done. That upper will be at SMM3G being run by a pommy Brit. So if anyone wants to see it just ask! KURTM

Kurt,

I've had good luck with the Armalite mounts. I just bought a Meopta from Cactus Tactical and I'm trying to decide how to mount it.

Did you have to take the hacksaw to the flat top and mount because your handguard interferred with the mounting or because you had to get the scope further forward for proper eye relief? Any pics? Thanks.

Second question - Any opinion on the Arms QD lever 30mm rings for mounting the Meopta. Will the low rings work? I like to mount scopes low as possible. Here's a link: ARMS low QD rings

Edited by chp5

The front of the flat top needed an extra notch, but I don't know who made the flat top so it may not need to be done on a name brand upper. I think this one is a Diemaco C-7 reciever, but cutting the new notch is really a nothing deal. Notching the Mount is due to the fact that I run the Briley carbon fiber handguard and it is a square as it can be at the back. If you had the J.P. type handguard this wouldn't have to be done. I don't have any way to take pictures, but if you wait a week or so it will be at Mesa! KURT

chp5, I also use the Armalite mount, its in the last notch but have a JP FFT so no cutting required on the mount. Height is perfect for me as well. There are several of these setups in use by avid 3 gunners in the area and I've heard no complaints.

chp5, I also use the Armalite mount, its in the last notch but have a JP FFT so no cutting required on the mount. Height is perfect for me as well. There are several of these setups in use by avid 3 gunners in the area and I've heard no complaints.

Thanks. If I were to find rings that duplicated the heigth of the Armalite mount, would you guess them to be medium or low rings?

I got my Meopta today. All I can say is WOW! Clear glass with a true 1x bright illuminated reticle. I mounted it with Warne ultra-high rings way forward on the upper.

I shot it today at 100. 6" plates at 100 offhand while leaning against a post was easy.

I do wish the dot was a little smaller, but I really like it.

I'll shoot it in a local 3 gun match this weekend.

Edited by chp5

• 2 weeks later...
chp5,

How'd it go in the match??

Mike

Mike,

I really liked the Meopta in it's first match. I came in second to the venerable Bear1142 (a/k/a Erik Lund).

We had a stage where we had to shoot a 50 yard Texas star with the rifle. I cranked the magnification up to 4x. I could still see the entire star and cleaned it one-for-one.

The dot is a little big, but overall this is an excellent scope that I'd recommend. This will be my optic this season.

Trapr,

Benny stocks them, Bennys is bigger than Kurts ( :D ) but I guess that is because he is from Texas - Benny mentioned he got his specialy made that way.

Fun shooting with you amigo and I am looking forward to Greece.