Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Texas State 3 Gun Match

so Benny..if you are going that much out of your way, could you purty puleeze come to Albuquerque and pick up Rod and I? We would be really appreciative and maybe even kick in some gas money!!

Cheryl :)

Anybody know what the rd count is?

ETA: Nevermind found it in an email in my archive.

This year's match will be nine stages (but we think they are extra good

stages). The total round count will be about 330 minimum. This is

approximately 140 rounds rifle, 80 rounds shotgun, and 110 rounds

pistol. Five of the stages are multi-gun stages and shooters have the

option of choosing which targets to engage with which weapon so these

totals will vary. Bring extra ammo (I doubt anyone will actually

complete the match in 330 rounds). There are NO stages where shotgun

slugs are required, but there are some stages where you might want to

use a shotgun slug.

Edited by Matthew Mink

Well, the first day of this year's match is in the computer. I can't tell you how anyone is doing, well because I don't know.

It did reach 100°, but the heat index was only 95° and little breezy. The day ran very smoothly, and shooting was over by 5:30.

There were three activator cables that were shot and had to be required and one popper that required re-tightening after a bunch of "non-required" slug shots.

Hopefully, someone that is actually shooting the match will chime in on how things went from their perspective.

No one requested calibration, so other than a couple of rules questions my day was pretty quiet. (Of course, it could have been the .338 Laupa round that I was carrying for calibration that kept everything quiet. :o:P

Kenny, RM

(Trying to get the dirt out of my eyes and ears.)

Great match. Lots of challenging shots. GREAT Squad. KSpeer and SgtSVI had me rolling the entire time. Lots of thanks goes out to the excellent staff that made it possible. The stages were awesome to say the least.

Matt Mink took limited, Don Bednorz took Open and I am not sure who won tactical.

Oh, almost forgot it was hot... it was brutal.

I just got home and I am TIRED (get it, get it). This was my first 3 gun match and I am hooked. I had a great squad to learn from and made new friends. Anytime you see Sheldon squinting feel free to offer him a pair of Arabian goggles. I look forward to shooting with everyone I met today again. The Match director and Staff were very friendly and made the match a pleasure to shoot. Great job to everyone.

Dave

i just got to work????? i drove from the match, home....dropped off the dog, and the guns, and then drove 90 miles more so i could go to work.

but man was it a great match, dispite me giving matt an unsurmountable, head start, on the first stage. (@#$%^*&$# extractor) we had a good squad and a fun match. i'm sorry the san angelo boys & girls didn't get a better turnout, maybe next year?

professor: thank you, thank you, thank you, and scout thanks you.

bill, fred, kelly, kenny, and spouses, thanks for a great job. TRAPR

I just got home and I am TIRED (get it, get it). This was my first 3 gun match and I am hooked. I had a great squad to learn from and made new friends. Anytime you see Sheldon squinting feel free to offer him a pair of Arabian goggles. I look forward to shooting with everyone I met today again. The Match director and Staff were very friendly and made the match a pleasure to shoot. Great job to everyone.

Dave

Oh man, Arabian Goggles.....(uncontrollable laughter). :lol:

Let's get it together for the Texas Limited.

Left the range about 11:30 yesterday morning after we got done shooting. Had to get home to pick up my baby :wub: (who'll be 8 :D:blink::huh: this week from his Dad . . . where does the time go?). Made it home around 6:40.

Wanted to give a big thanks to all of the match staff for their hard work. Thanks Kelly, Fred & Kenny and all of the ROs & support staff. Great job. Fun stages with a great combination of hosing, precision and cool props. Everything ran quite smoothly. Good job. I hope to make it back next year.

I got to shoot on an awesome squad with Benny Hill, Trapr, & Matt Mink. Great to shoot with you guys and thanks for all the help. Nice to meet and shoot with the rest of you guys... Kevin, Mike, Ty & Doc. Special thanks to Ty for loan of his extra Benelli.

Sounds like it was a good match. How about posting some photos or the results? Inquiring minds would like to know. B)

Our photographer says he took over 150 pics. As soon as he gets the CD to me, I'll post some of them.

I think most everyone had fun this year and as you can tell from the comments, the match ran smoothly and finished on time.

It was kinda strange, we were spread out among 13 pistol pits and the rifle range, using only 9 of them. With no backed up stages, it looked like there wasn't a good turn out of shooters... but we were pretty comparable with last years attendance. The only real consentrations of shooters was under the shady spots... ;)

The fajitas we had for lunch, Sunday smelled wonderful... I managed to miss them :wacko: , but the sausage was good too! :D

Bill