Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Texas State 3 Gun Match

The Texas State Three Gun is now open for entries! An entry form should be available soon on SanAngeloGunClub.org, but until it is, you can get one here:

http://www.members.cox.net/b.powe/Public/2006EntryForm.pdf

May 20 & 21 for the main match, ROs shoot May 13 & 14. The match this year will be somewhat more technically demanding. :P

The Match hotel will once again be the Benchmark but there are lots of hotel rooms available in town.

Fred tells me it would be nice to start receiving entries (money!) because he is spending it like a drunk train robber...

Bill

2006_3_gun_entry.pdf

Right about now, I'd welcome that heat. It's only 24 degrees outside, but I'll take it. Better than the 10 it was the other day. :)

I'm just jealous I don't get to come shoot or work the match this year. Hopefully, I can get to A4.

Liota

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as the May date creeps closer and closer... We are, as usual, low on ROs. If you have time to help, please contact me or Prof Kelly (our email addys are on the match application).

Thanks, Everyone, hope to see you here in the warm weather.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Coming down from Minnesota to shoot. Anyone know what to expect in the rifle stages? Just wondering about farthest targets and what type they will be. Can't do a lot of shooting up here just yet, but can make it to the rifle range for zeroing.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the confirmation letters... Prof Kelly is handling that and with graduation coming up, he's like the proverbial one legged man at the arse kicking contest. He's promised to get them out as soon as he can.

Fred IS spending money... He's just borrowed it from his own massive nest egg (yeah, right!).

Bill

Edited by bpowe

I sure hope you guys liked the roller coaster last year... I just got back from the range and the dang thing has grown! I sure hope it's reached its full growth, or next year we'll have to move it to the 200 yard range! :ph34r:

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

The Match hotel will once again be the Benchmark but there are lots of hotel rooms available in town.

Bill

Anyone have the phone number of the Benchmark Hotel handy? :huh:

325-944-2578

http://www.sanangelogunclub.org/action_pis...6TS3G_Entry.pdf

Thanks, Sheldon. I think I can make this match and will call and check a room later this AM.

Dammit! My one chance to meet the man who's made me spit coffee on my screen as much as Rhino and I'm on the other side of the planet!!!!! :angry:

You guys have fun and shoot well for me!

Liota

An important question. From Kelly's confirmation email:
There will be breakfast and lunch available at the range both Saturday and Sunday.

What is on the menu? :D

Lee

Well, we discussed it with the caterer... (it'll be the same guys as last year) and whatever it was we discussed... it sounded good, but I just can't remember what it was! :(

So I suppose we'll just have to go with my Grandmothers Specialty...

"Eat it and Hush!" :ph34r:

Well, it worked for her...

Why Mr. Hill, I did not realize that you were so compassionate as to come all the way up here to pick up little old me! Thanks for the offer I will be on the front veranda and am honored to accompany you and your entourage.

Benevolently

Mell