Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Nationals

hopalong

Is this like Wheelies? :lol:

Although I didn't go to Wheelies, I read the posts, ah - NO - nothing like Wheelies. :D

This place actually has table cloths and cloth napkins. It's a little more up scale but not stuffy. Just a nice quiet place to eat and shoot the S*&T. Lots of tables and space in the back for the entire revolver crowd. Shorts are acceptable, no flip flops.

Not sure this is an endorsement but Flexmoney and SAnderson started the tradition. Steak, asparagus, corn nibblers, and fried mushrooms (onion loaf if memory serves) - LOTS of Coors.

Pick a night - Some of us will probably be there every night. So....let's make it a gathering.

Auto shooters welcome too... ;)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like Wheelies? :lol:

Although I didn't go to Wheelies, I read the posts, ah - NO - nothing like Wheelies. :D

Auto shooters welcome too... ;)

If the price of beer is the same as Wheelies, I wouldn't mind the scruffyness... ;)

Wish I was going... :(

Picture sounds good, need all participants for an article (Pat Sweeney, since you do that all the time I nominate you ;) )

Chow sounds good for one night.

Now a few observations from the dummy that shoots.......

B class as usuall is the biggest with 18. :wacko:

Our lady representative for revolver at the last World shoot is not shooting. :(

Neither of the 2 new GMs are shooting. :angry:

Almost half of the Masters are shooting :)

Very few of the ICORE shooters are shooting, and none of the so called "Big Dogs" <_<

I also don't see any of the familiar names of the IDPA "Big Dogs" <_<

For our division and Revolver shooting as a whole we HAVE to get some participation from these other disciplines!!!!!!

For what it's worth.

SAM

Sam,

We do have the ICORE Big Dogs of limited.

John Bagakis was second in 04 and 05 and was 4th this year. Danbagger was 3rd in 04 but missed 05 due to date change. He was 3rd this year.

Dan won the Southwest regoinal with John in 3rd and Burkholder won the Rocky Mountain.

I know you don't like people who wear shoes but give respect where it is due....

Cliff, that is only 3.....where are the others........Pickett, Pettit, Bond........you know. :(

Ah, you mean those guys that have become hopelessly addicted to their C-mores.....

;)

Vic Pickett is deep into the dot sight and when he shoots USPSA shoots in Open, but Jason Pettit shoots iron, at least at the IRC. Bond, I don't know.

While I'm specultating.............

Ron, you are one of the early masters at Revo............why don't you join the party?

SAM

Sam, to what do we owe the great honor of you shooting with the revo crowd???

It may be dissappointing to have to eat with the rest of us kids out on the porch while the Big Dawgs party without us, but I plan to be at the window watching the Big game; and my view will be better this year than it was last year when I was trying to paint steel, paste targets, see how Cliff and Dan and Rudy (!?!) and Mike and everybody else was going to do it and get ready to shoot all at the same time.

So how about doing it with a video cam in your hand?? Might make some interesting training footage for us slackers :)

Regards,

Sam:

I haven't shot a revolver since 2003. My vision and arthritis forced me to sell all of my revolvers, my limited gun, my production gun, and my single stacks. I now own one open gun, and a baby 9mm Glock for carry. :(

Even if my hands worked and I could see, my work situation won't allow anything other than a four day weekend.

Ron,

I'll buy that.

Sorry to hear the arthritis thing..............I guess we'll all pay the fiddler one of these days.

When you see Bud, tell him we missed him and would love to have him at the Party.

Cliff.............to answer your question.

you guys have had it too easy for too long!!! :lol::lol::lol:

See you next week at the Memphis match, be ready for all kinds of penalties.....I AM the CRO on stage 11. ;)

See the rest of you guys in a few weeks.

SAM

It may be dissappointing to have to eat with the rest of us kids out on the porch while the Big Dawgs party without us, but I plan to be at the window watching the Big game; and my view will be better this year than it was last year when I was trying to paint steel, paste targets, see how Cliff and Dan and Rudy (!?!) and Mike and everybody else was going to do it and get ready to shoot all at the same time.

So how about doing it with a video cam in your hand?? Might make some interesting training footage for us slackers :)

Regards,

To coin a phrase: The Spirit is Willing but the Equipment is Weak. I've got a small camera that will record up to about 30 minutes, but no laptop or software to handle the images while I'm away from home. I'll plan to bring the camera anyway, but it ain't much. :unsure:

Cliff.............to answer your question.

you guys have had it too easy for too long!!! :lol::lol::lol:

See you next week at the Memphis match, be ready for all kinds of penalties.....I AM the CRO on stage 11. ;)

SAM

ooooooo. I'd better bone up on my rule book and make sure I'm stocked up on "special" overlays. ;)

Maybe bring a copy of the R.O. Creed and sing it to the tune of "The Lord is My Shepherd" when he asks if there are any questions after the walk through. :P

WM,

No Chad, he's aquired a new job and can't away (yet, so he says....I think he's scared. ;)

Don't worry about Memphis, the multiple and plentiful penalties are Special "Cliff" penalties!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Speaking of Cliff................

Rodney said he has whipped up a special batch of "adult bevearges" just for him. :D I know that makes Cliff feel "Special" now. ;)

Now off to build stages for next week.

SAM

Edit to add:

What are you doing up at a quarter till 5 anyway? Oh let me guess.........Practicing in the cool of the day.......No fair, some of the rest of us don't get to practice. :angry:

Edited by hopalong

I also don't see any of the familiar names of the IDPA "Big Dogs" <_<

One of the "unfamiliar" shooters has been known to do quite well at IDPA Nationals ;)

Beware of those you haven't seen in USPSA before....B-class will be a free-for-all, no doubt about that :ph34r:

Aren't you supposed to be practicing? :rolleyes:

Thanks to you, I'm still purging my system of the trip to Youngstown, Ohio to shoot IDPA...I may never be the same :wacko: .

Btw, who won that match anyway? :huh: Oh, that's right....no one knows until we're mailed the resuts some time next month.

What a trip from Hell :angry: . Say what you will about USPSA...I've never experienced anything so ridiculous from a "major" match....unless you count the last time you cajoled me into shooting a "major" there in 2003 (Stupor Shoot). At least they're consistent.

You will pay for your transgressions. You will pay :ph34r:

Edited by redmist10