Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 - Area 7 Championship

Things we are doing about the bottleneck:

#1: Separate pit for each stage

#2: Squad limit of 8 on Saturday

#3: Tough squadding policy - everyone who couldn't talk us into "just one over" on a Sat squad know what I am talking about.

#4: Squad attendance rosters. The RO's will be given an attendance roster for each squad. If you swap with someone, you MUST have the MD approve it, in writing, on the official roster. RO's will be asked to be alert for "extras" or "self-assigned transfers" which throw the squadding out of balance.

We'll also have the computers with the match results display down at the tent by the match, so you can check your score as soon as you are done shooting. The Palm scoring system (courtesy of Harvard Sportsmens and www.autoscoringsystems.com will enable very fast match results, with updates throughout the day.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be WiFi links at the match for the "techno-savy" for palm or laptop users? It would avoid a "bottleneck" at the tent.

Yup. If you have a web browser and a 802.11b or 802.11g wifi card, you'll find that any web address will resolve to the results display. I'll be counting the DHCP leases so I know how many competitors took advantage of this extra service.

I'm not sure how many PC's we'll have for results, so it can't hurt to have a laptop. If you want to get into real geekdom, you can carry one with you as many of the stages will be within wifi range. The results display at the match will run off a local web server, and we will update the scores on USPSA.ORG at the end of each day. This means that cell phones which access the web will not see results as quickly as the local results server.

Do you all have any slots left for Friday? Please contact me at dpeters@portpack.com

Thanks, Doug

Doug, I hope you have made this request directly. Go to http://www.rbps.net/ for match contacts. Or A7champ@uspsa.org

You never know when or if match staff will see this post. Hope to see you there.

The shooters meeting is 30 minutes before the first shot, and the walk-through is 10 minutes befor ehte first shot.

If you have to "check in", you can do that any time during the day - there is no set time limit, but there could be a crowd if you show up 10 minutes before the shooter meeting - an hour should be safe and give you time to hang around.... or, show up a couple of hours early and watch the AM squads shoot all the stages.

Advance registration and self-serve squadding is closed, as all the match materials are packed - I leave for Rochester tonite. We'll be handling walk-ins at the match. Any squad changes will need to be approved by Bob Urban (match director). This won't be a problem as long as you won't make a squad go over limit.

awesome...we'll be arriving one or two hours ahead of starting time. Can't wait, this will be my first time shooting in the US.

The shooters meeting is 30 minutes before the first shot, and the walk-through is 10 minutes befor ehte first shot.

If you have to "check in", you can do that any time during the day - there is no set time limit, but there could be a crowd if you show up 10 minutes before the shooter meeting - an hour should be safe and give you time to hang around.... or, show up a couple of hours early and watch the AM squads shoot all the stages.

Advance registration and self-serve squadding is closed, as all the match materials are packed - I leave for Rochester tonite. We'll be handling walk-ins at the match. Any squad changes will need to be approved by Bob Urban (match director). This won't be a problem as long as you won't make a squad go over limit.

Leaving in a few hours for Rochester. Anyone know what the name of the bar is where they have 75 beers on tap? I can't remember it. It's on the same road as the Hooters and the Ramada Inn.

MacGregor's?

http://www.rochesterdrinks.com/neighborhood.asp?N=12

Things to do in Rochester, for college students. B)

Yes, that was it.

Southern Tier Brewing, Un-Earthly IPA

O M G that was good! :D

It was indeed an understanding match. Though at times I thought I was shooting the Ontario Provincial because there were some many of us who came down for the match.:)

Big thanks to Rob and everyone else who work/help out at the match.

See you all next year!

Got back from Rochester late last night...

The match was excellent, several of the stages were really interesting, lots of different solutions and fun to shoot. Kudos to Jeff Curts for some terrific stage designing. And all the staff did a fine job keeping things running smoothly with less than optimal weather (freezing (for June) and high winds that kept blowing down some of the tents); Sat. am squads finished ahead of schedule, which I definitely appreciated. And as usual Rob Boudrie, Tom Dings and the Area 7 techmasters are ahead of the curve on getting results into electronic format and available for everyone to see extremely fast.

An upset in Open division... looks like Brad Balsley is still getting better and will be a force to be reckoned with this year. And did anyone notice the results for Production on stage 9? Steve Moneypenny must have shot one hell of a nice run, beating even the top Open shooters.

Good luck to all the Sunday competitors!

Edited by kamakiri

Iwas truly a great match to shoot, will be back next year

We are not planning to host the A7 at Rochester Brooks next year. It is tradition for the match location rotate to the next section every two years.

Wherever it is held, I have confidance it will be worth the trip.

I thought the weather was quite good. Last year we roasted under intense heat.

I was working Stage 10, We finished our last squad Sunday, around 2:30. All shooting was done about 3:00. We had the whole Match torn down, and put away by 5:00. It is good to be done!

The compliments mean a lot. Thanks to everyone for bringing a smile, and helping reset the stages. You made it possible. :D

Edited by wide45

Excellent match. We drove up from VA on Thursday and got a chance to scope out the stages then shot on Friday. Very impressive stage designs, seemed like every stage had multiple solutions that were appealing. A big thanks to all of the staff, we were quite impressed and most definitely will be making Area7 a regular match.