Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

El Cheapo Kydex Is Not That Slow...

Loves2Shoot

After shooting Production for a little over a year and getting used to my Kydex holster, I will probably still use a Kydex holster in Limited. I dont think they are that much slower than the speed holsters and a lot safer. Plus, I can draw a breakneck speed and dont have to worry about dropping it.

I tend to drop my head forward a tad when stand and shooting, and not sure why. When shooting on the move I don't do it as much.

About the timer. You serious guys don't want one, it will really hurt your shooting game. If you thought shooting was expensive and time consuming...

On a serious note, cheap doesn't mean slow if you focus on the skillz.

My design for a quick, cheap Uncle Mikes Kydex was to take out one of the tension screws and locktite the remaining screw in at a secure, yet not tight point. I also changed the belt attachment from the standard Uncle Mikes to a Bladetech Tek Loc for a Frankin-holster that would be legal in IDPA. I even lined the inside of the holster in a few strategic points to reduce the drag marks on my pistol and to cover the attachment modifications. All that it really lacks is a duct tape racing stripe!

The draw is plenty fast enough for this indian, it's just all that follows the draw that's slow...