Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are There Any Kentucky Shooters Out There?

Pin Shooter

Mark,

From ~March through November you can shoot one (or some weekends two) USPSA matches within an hours drive. There are three clubs that shoot at Silver Creek near Sellersburg, Indiana. That's a few minutes from Louisville. KAPS is at Bardstown just south of L'ville and Bluegrass is near Lexington.

We shoot steel once a month at Silver Creek and there's a quarterly ICORE match there too.

There's plenty of shooting and we have a fairly strong revolver group.

Come on up.

Dave

What they said! From December through February you might be limited to steel and only one or two USPSA matches a month within an hour of Louisville, but the range is open for practice other times.

When are you arriving?

Don't forget the Fosters!

Dale

Man...talk about falling into pile of crap and coming out smelling like a rose!!! You couldn't have picked a better place to move if it is USPSA matches you are looking for. Sellersburg is top notch, and they run the wheel gun a lot...get with Aikidale, and he'll show you the ropes...you won't be sorry. They take their practical shooting seriously down there. Say hi to Lee Leonard when you get there too!!! Lucky #!#@^^&@#$$^%$!

Jeff

like Clyde said, Get a move on. I come down from NW Indiana (4 hours 1 way) every other month at least. You can shoot every weekend and usually twice if u r willing to drive an hour. Find Airedale or Zookeeper and they can be your Revo brothers.

:lol::ph34r: what a can of worms! wide open question. man do i want to rip on this question. most of the revolver shooters in Kentucky have questionable heritage and it is uncertain how they reproduce offspring. most ky revolver shooters discover their family tree doesn't branch much. zookeeper and akdogs should i say more? well, anyway join the family, their probably your mommy's daddy's somthing. do you have six fingers on both hands?

stop stop this is just a rip on my friends (or there the lack of) in ky.

lynn

Edited by lynn jones

Pay no attention to that ridge runner! He would like to shoot Kentuckians no doubt. His ilk have never gotten over the inequities of the past. Our great 18th century hero was a genuine explorer, i.e., Daniel Boone. They had a polititian, Davy Crockett, with a great PR team.... :D

Thanks one and all, ( even you Lynn )

The prompting for this International Adventure, is due to several reasons. I met a girl in Vegas while I was there for the Steel Challenge in 2003, and she ended up coming over to Australia. We had talked about relocating, but I had a job that was just too good to quit. I tried to get a transfer to a sub in Indiana, but as it turns out that sub is to close its doors shortly. Then to my shock horror, my plant has also been shutdown, so now I have no job keeping me here. I normally travel to the USA twice a year for shooting trips, so it may work out cheaper just to live there. I still plan to come back once a year to keep you on your toes for the ICORE regionals though Paul. Another reason is the access to all those toys....45's, AR's, 10/22's......Camaro's, Trucks, NHRA, Ben and Jerrys....the list goes on and on. My job will remain secure until the end of June, at which time I will be free to move. I have visited Loiusville several times and found it to be a great town with friendly people, but I have never shot a match there, so I just wanted to make sure that I was not moving into a non shooter active area. From all the responses it looks good.

I hope you can all teach me new tricks.....Shooting that is...The whole marry your sister thing doesn't work for me......

Jokes, just jokes.....

Regards

Mark :D

• 6 months later...
Well Yall, I am here.....I Hope to get out to the Steel match this Saturday.... :D

Mark

Hey Mark, so does this mean you here in the states to live ??

(I missed this thread when it started)

Congrats on your Steel Challenge placing, you were this close to catching Mr. Bond :P

Well Yall, I am here.....I Hope to get out to the Steel match this Saturday.... :D

Mark

Hey Mark, so does this mean you here in the states to live ??

(I missed this thread when it started)

Congrats on your Steel Challenge placing, you were this close to catching Mr. Bond :P

Thanks Dave,

It looks a lot closer on the scores than it actually was. Mr Bond, had some problems, and I didn't. Doesn't mean that he can't be caught, he just hasn't been caught yet. I missed the Steel Match this weekend, but I am slowly getting everything organised here, and should be shooting soon.

Look forward too shooting with you again Dave

Regards

Mark

Thanks Dave,

It looks a lot closer on the scores than it actually was. Mr Bond, had some problems, and I didn't. Doesn't mean that he can't be caught, he just hasn't been caught yet. I missed the Steel Match this weekend, but I am slowly getting everything organised here, and should be shooting soon.

Look forward too shooting with you again Dave

Regards

Mark

Well now that your here maybe you'll get to shoot the PSA next year, or the NJ steel match,

or the Nationals Steel match, or...or...or ICORE at Ontlaunee !!

Welcome to the states, we'll hook up sooner than you think, next years shooting season

ain't that far away.

ICORE in PA Sept. 24th, Knock over steel in NJ Sept. 30th :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Tis me again.....

Well, I finally have all of my ducks in a row, and am ready to come shooting...It looks as though the first match available will be a Rimfire match this Sunday, unless anyone knows of ant Steel matches on Saturday?

See you soon.

Regards

Mark B)

Mark, there is a steel match at Bendigo in November, you may be interested. I'm sure they'd welcome you. Its not too far for a one day match.!!

Don't forget to shoot the ICORE International Postal Match this year.

Regards

PK

Tis me again.....

Well, I finally have all of my ducks in a row, and am ready to come shooting...It looks as though the first match available will be a Rimfire match this Sunday, unless anyone knows of ant Steel matches on Saturday?

See you soon.

Regards

Mark B)

Week from Saturday. We shoot the 4th Saturday, this month that is the 28th.