Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Glock

cpty1

Why!?!?  Don't tell me you are getting away from Kydex. I like the way your mags go flying out of your mag holders when you round corners at full speed.

Like you need to be faster or something!?!

I have a Ghost for a Glock you can try out with my G35 if you would like.

I'm glad I could entertain you with my lack of magazine retention.  You know, a screwdriver works wonders in providing a tighter fit on those 771 holders.  I might take you up on the offer to try your Ghost.  I just don't like having to drill the trigger guard and have heard the hole over time can actually enlarge.  You heard anything like that?  I suppose you could put a brass bushing in or something if this were true.

I guess the hole could enlarge. I have not used the Ghost for my Glock since I have only used the Glock in production. It was part of a package deal when I got my G35.

I don't think the hole would enlarge too much though. There is not much room to move the pistol anyway but up in the Ghost, so I don't think it would enlarge much if any.

Your brass bushing gave me an idea though. What if you were to take a brass pop rivet and drill it out to the correct size and glue it in the hole in the trigger guard. It would make a "flange" around the hole.

• 1 year later...

Ghost and CR speed seem to be the top choices.

CR speed

-good speed, works well with CR belt

-very adjustable

-larger/longer of two

-no mods to gun needed

Ghost

-fast

-compact and very adjustable

-needs a hole drilled in front of trigger guard for holster to work

-

I went with the CR speed because it felt a little more secure but it was a hard decision.  Try em both.  Hope this helps.

My very first holster was the Safariland 007

I used it for my G34 and in the beginning for the G35 wich has the same dimensions.

Really liked this holster but sometimes i fumbled the draw because you have to move the gun a little forward for unlocking.

Specially when i was fixed to make the perfect draw and would not want to forget this i fumbled. That was the first time i noticed that it was better to just do what i practised and not thinking about what you would have to do (in the draw)

I still have the holster.

DVC

Adrie

DWLS,

I recently ordered a Universal Shooting Academy "Pro Series Holster for Brownells and am awaiting to recieve it as I write this.

I to was in a dilema in choosing a holster for my Glock 17 that I plan on shooting in Production division under IPSC rules that do not put restrictions on race holsters and did not know which one to get.

For me it came down to the C-R Speed holster and the U.S.A pro-series holster.

I rejected the C-R Speed because of two factors.

The muzzle platform was not to my liking and found I would probably want to replace it with an Arrendondo muzzle platform for the long run, and also the fact that the locking mechanism could and may be forgotten to be activated or de-activated at appropriate times.

Take a good hard look at the Pro-series holster that GM competitor Frank Garcia has to offer, you may just like the features it has to offer for your Glock.

BE,

I have yet to see an 007 (with glocks) in competition yet.  But my experience is limited to local ipsc and RO'ing ~300 glock shooters @ a GSSF match.  They may be out there but I haven't seen them.  

I do see a bunch of the old safariland holsters in use with the 1911 SS guys around here.  They work and hold up for a long, long time. Plus the worn in, used look is pretty cool IMHO.

I like the 2002 CR Speed model sleek, adjustable, good locking device, and SIMPLE. I don't like holsters that don't cover the end of the gun. At Area 1 2001 a few dq's from people hitting the end of the gun while tryng to get situated in a chair and guns falling on the ground loaded. I heard most were the ghost-type models.