Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Indiana State Section Match

confirmed yesterday with Walt that I can shoot Friday w/staff.....

Stages look good, don't let the little 9 rounders fool you, they can sometimes be a little harder than they look.

The past two years the match has ran like clockwork, I expect the same, you won't be dissappointed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All but one of the stages was setup today. You won't be disappointed. Options and challenges everywhere.

Dave,

Can you describe this range??? How far is it from bay to bay, and what are the overall range dimensions??? I ask because we are debating between bringing a wagon or a golf cart, and want to know which would be best for our squad of four and all our gear ( bags, cooler, chairs etc...a lot of crap). Please advise.

Jeff

I think it is the same Ft. Wayne club that I shot a Glock GSSF match at a few years back.

The bays are right next to each other...kinda like Circleville, Oh.

I'd bring a cooler with food and drink, though.

Pics here: http://www.fwaps.org/gallery.php

+1 on what Flexmoney said. Also, all the bays now have eyebrows and grass. It's a nice range/club and everybody is very friendly.

Sam

Shot through with staff today, as always very straight forward stages with just enough traps to mess you up, like the 3 no shoots I racked up on stage 7.

Or Like stage 3, take the time for the disappearing targets, or don't worry about the 30 points and move......I guess we shall see how that shakes out!!!

Glad I was able to shoot it, great job and fun stages for the range it was on, used every bit of space available!!!

My hat is off to the FWAPS crew. Walt & Mary Rosenquist and Dave Ball put on a great match with a lot of different challenges. My only complaint is that I shot like crap, but they can't do anything about that. :P Dropped about four full moonclips on stage 1, and couldn't finish...sucks to be me. They had a few strategically placed no-shoots under some 8" plates that ate me up pretty good too on stage 7. I would definitely suggest this match to anyone, and it is on my list of "must attend" matches for next year!!! Thanks to all the RO's who worked so hard so that we could enjoy the match!!! ;)

DVC,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

nice to shoot with you guys today. Not that you want to relive the moment but I have the moonclip incident on tape, yeah it was a handful of moonclips and a cylinder that you had to close twice.

Glad to meet you guys, see you next year

My hat is off to the FWAPS crew. Walt & Mary Rosenquist and Dave Ball put on a great match with a lot of different challenges. My only complaint is that I shot like crap, but they can't do anything about that. :P Dropped about four full moonclips on stage 1, and couldn't finish...sucks to be me. They had a few strategically placed no-shoots under some 8" plates that ate me up pretty good too on stage 7. I would definitely suggest this match to anyone, and it is on my list of "must attend" matches for next year!!! Thanks to all the RO's who worked so hard so that we could enjoy the match!!! ;)

DVC,

Jeff

Yea but the real question is did you bring the golf cart?

DVC,

Jeff

Yea but the real question is did you bring the golf cart?

Hell yea!!! Came in handy too, as it kept our gear dry when the rain hit...Poor Dave Ball got poured on, as they had to reshoot a stage...We fired our last shot, and scurried out of there like rats as their squad was taking the range!!! He assures us that he will get his revenge on me when he comes up to Michigan. :P Felt bad for Jane, but not for Dave...he-he.

Jeff

Impressive match! :)

I didn't expect too much considering the low number of stages but I should have known better. I have not attended a match in Indiana that didn't unscrew my head crap down my neck. As usual they offered up a super challenging 1/2 day format.

Super Kudos to the folks that ran the match! I can't say I enjoyed my shooting but the stages were very, VERY creative. I'm definitely going to try to make it again.

I didn't feel right all day. Blown stages, mike's, confusion, bobbled reloads, you name it - I sucked on all but a couple runs. It was a very humbling match. :unsure:

Thanks to my squadmates (squad 12) for putting up with a lowly revolver shooter. We had a very good squad. Thanks guys.

Thanks to all who came out and shot the match, and to everyone who came to help out. I know it's a lot of time to volunteer for the WVPPS crew, Angola CC, and all our local club members who dedicated their weekend to make it all come together. I had a great time shooting, and an even better time meeting everyone while working. See you all next year!

Thanks to all the staff at Indiana state!!!!!!!

As usual, a great match with fantastic staff. Looking forward to my next visit already.

Congrats to all the division winners!!!!

Impressive match! :)

I didn't expect too much considering the low number of stages but I should have known better. I have not attended a match in Indiana that didn't unscrew my head crap down my neck. As usual they offered up a super challenging 1/2 day format.

Super Kudos to the folks that ran the match! I can't say I enjoyed my shooting but the stages were very, VERY creative. I'm definitely going to try to make it again.

I didn't feel right all day. Blown stages, mike's, confusion, bobbled reloads, you name it - I sucked on all but a couple runs. It was a very humbling match. :unsure:

Thanks to my squadmates (squad 12) for putting up with a lowly revolver shooter. We had a very good squad. Thanks guys.

What he said... :D Excellent match, everything ran very smoothing except my shooting which sucked beyond words. I shouldn't even have shot the last stage given my mind set by then, reference the bottom of the standings in Limited on Stage 1... :ph34r:

I'll second the great squad comment (member of 12 also) it was nice shooting with everyone. Schedule permitting I'll be back next year although I likely won't spend 10 hours in the car in one day to do it. Next time, can you say overnight stay.

What they all said.

Thanks so much to all in squad 7. Thank you for all your support and advice. Great match, I suck... I do learn something new each match.

Jake, Kyle,Steve,jeff, thanks for helping me learn some of what you know. I will be back next year with better results.

Thanks to all the staff!!!! Great day.

Great match, great staff. I thought the match ran extremely smooth. I was on squad 20 and was able to meet a great bunch of guys. The layout of the stages were great. Shot a fairly solid match, had a few mistakes but thats how it goes.

Congrats to the winners.

Will be back next yr.

Flyin40

John, You didnt MINOR the chrono did ya ??? :lol:

:P:P I have never shot minor at the chrono :lol: , only declared minor like some other fool I know. :ph34r::ph34r:

I got your pasters btw, that little comment will cost you 3000 brown. You can keep the white pasters seeing as I don't need them anymore, I haven't hit white in quite a few matches. :lol::lol: I was going to give them to Rick Steele to give to you next week but he left so quick after the match I ididn't get a chance. Congrats Rick on top B and 11th in Open.

Almost forgot, you got a total of 10 boxes of brown and 10 boxes of white pasters. The brown pasters are 1000 a box, white are 500 pasters a box. Your change bought me a beer, LOL. B)B)

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40

A big thanks to everyone working the match. It went incredibly smooth, everyone on my squad had nothing but great things to say about the match. I'll be back next year for sure. :)

Congrats to all the other Division winners!

Like everyone said this was anawesomly run and put on match. I really had my reservations about 3 speed shoots in one bay. but you guys pulledit off flawlessly.

I had some problems with my gun on state 2 (where i started the day) then state 3 i "tried" to make things up. and another little gun hiccup on stage 7. I learned something important.. when you swing your gun and present it to h hard target and the slide unlocks. it needs a new recoil spring!!!! i did that once in INDY and more than once sunday at a local match!

Matt. No problem I love to see people who want to learn.

There were a lot of options at the match. I especially liked the RO doors on stage 1 you didn't even know the RO was THERE it was great. Stage 3 seemed like scoring was a little slow because of being roped in. but still went pretty smoothly. That makes it harder and takes longer for the shooters since we have to double back when we are doing the walk through. making an exit hole where the banner was would have been great... maybe just a small one. Scores were up in superb time. Hope to shoot more majors there in the future!!!