Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coming Out Of The Closet?

Bear1142

bulm540,

No, it's a Bulgarian parts kit build on an Ohio Ordnance Works receiver.

Loves2shoot,

Sorry, no can do. It does not have the rail attachment on the left side of the receiver. This one is purely a limited gun, unless I put some rail adaptors on the fore-end.

Mig,

You never know where it will show up! Maybe the 2006 A6 3-Gun match. B)

Erik

Sorry, no can do. It does not have the rail attachment on the left side of the receiver. This one is purely a limited gun, unless I put some rail adaptors on the fore-end.

Get a reciever cover with the built in weaver rail. Then you can get weaver Kobra. That way you can remove for limited or add it for tactical or use a real scope if you want too. I have no idea how rigid they are though

Loves2shoot,

Oh you know it. It's got a sweet Red Star Arms trigger. It's two stage with a 3lb. pull, very nice.

Vlad,

Yeah, I know I have some options for a scope, but I kinda like the clean lines of this setup. Maybe on the next one.

Erik

L2S

Saw a stock Norinco last night for $165.00 on on eof the auction sites.

I just bought (about 15 min. ago) a Norinco 1911.. I like em.

Which one? It's my birthday and maybe time to replace my old one. Hmmm maybe I should get one and send it to Tripp and get it hardchromed, then polish the heck out of it. A PiMP AK sounds fun B)

L2S

Which one? It's my birthday and maybe time to replace my old one. Hmmm maybe I should get one and send it to Tripp and get it hardchromed, then polish the heck out of it. A PiMP AK sounds fun B)

SKS - on the cheap

Not a very good photo, but here are two AKs in 5.56mm. Both are made in the USA (or at least a majority of the parts are - according to how the batfe counts parts).

site1083.JPG

The top gun is from Arsenal of Las Vegas and uses a solid milled receiver and Bulgarian parts (the best IMHO). The magazine is clear like the ones for the Sig 550 series and it uses a windage adjustable rear sight like the RPK machinegun. The muzzle break is loosely based on the AK-74 break but is a US made copy.

The bottom gun is a stamped, hardened sheet steel receivered Romanian SAR-3 with Bulgarian plum furnature from an AK-74 kit that I will get around to one of these days (with the correct # of US parts of course). The barrel is from that kit & the wood in the picture is the original stock set that came on the SAR - only stripped & re-finnished. Besides the stocks, I re-cut the crown and it is now quite accurate with quality brands of .223 ammo. It is lighter than the milled gun and I like the shorter stocks on these.

I think that with quality low-mounted optics, these guns are viable choices in 3 gun. Yes- they do take a little longer to reload, but that can be trained for. These guns are very reliable.

Edited by Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
L2S

Norinco 1911's and M-14's are the shizzit! Both are great guns to use as builders.

Norinco19110011.jpg

Norinco.jpg